Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:01:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Best HBO series 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best HBO series  (Read 10506 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: August 20, 2015, 03:44:43 AM

Should we create a separate thread for best HBO comedies?

Silicon Valley
Veep
Flight of the Conchords.

No, because one is so vastly superior to the rest that the others may as well have been on Comedy Central.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 20, 2015, 04:33:08 AM

I love Silicon Valley but to call it vastly superior to Veep makes me question whether you've actually watched it.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 20, 2015, 10:29:48 PM

I didn't even know Deadwood was a thing until this thread.  Started watching yesterday, seems pretty decent.

And Rome?  I started watching the first episode of it a while back and couldn't manage to get through it.  Which is odd, because it should be exactly the sort of thing I would like, and many of you seemed to like it.  Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #38 on: August 21, 2015, 03:30:37 AM

Fraggle Rock.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #39 on: August 21, 2015, 07:12:17 AM

That is probably true.  Time is a flat circle.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #40 on: August 21, 2015, 07:49:56 AM

No, it's a spiral. Circles mean nothing ever advances.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #41 on: August 21, 2015, 10:38:33 AM

The Sopranos. Or are we not going back that far?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 21, 2015, 12:18:42 PM

I didn't even know Deadwood was a thing until this thread.  Started watching yesterday, seems pretty decent.

And Rome?  I started watching the first episode of it a while back and couldn't manage to get through it.  Which is odd, because it should be exactly the sort of thing I would like, and many of you seemed to like it.  Maybe I didn't give it a fair shake.
Don't expect a satisfying conclusion.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #43 on: August 23, 2015, 07:56:34 AM

I think it ended just fine. It just wasn't a happy ending, but it was a nearly inevitable story arc.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #44 on: August 23, 2015, 10:59:34 AM

No love for the Hitchhiker?  why so serious?

WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: August 26, 2015, 10:28:25 AM

I think it ended just fine. It just wasn't a happy ending, but it was a nearly inevitable story arc.

There has been quite a bit of chatter about a Deadwood movie the past week from many of the cast members. Would really be nice to get a better ending.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Best HBO series  
Jump to: