Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:15:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting  (Read 95698 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 12:48:07 AM

Does anyone know: Are the organs from Infernal machine bosses 100% drop chance, or are they still a % based on the torment level you are running?  Would kind of suck for them to be double gated behind both the RNG chance of the Keywardens and then also have their own RNG.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 01:25:08 AM

They're NOT 100%, I know that much.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 23, 2015, 01:26:04 AM

Thats what the Cube is for. I slotted the effect from Countess Julias Cameo on it and never looked back.

The wife has TWO of them on her season Crusader - the poison and the arcane.  Cubed one and wears the other.  She's so fucking annoying at the bosses, just standing there while I have to run around like a dick.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 01:38:54 AM

Does anyone know: Are the organs from Infernal machine bosses 100% drop chance, or are they still a % based on the torment level you are running? 

This chart I'm looking at has footnotes that the latest patch may have changed the percentages, but:

Keywarden Machine drop chance:  25% (T1), 28% (T2), 33%, 38%, 43%, 50% (T6), 55%, 60%, 65%, 70%
Uber Organ drop chance:  50% (T1), 56% (T2), 66%, 74%, 86%, 100% + 25% for a second one (T6), 100% + 50% (T7), 100% x2 + 25% for a third one (T8), 100% x2 + 50%, 100% x2 + 75% (T10)

So yes they are % based.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 23, 2015, 07:02:52 AM

Ahh, well I am at or around T7 capable on  my Seasonal  Monk, so looks like I should start farming Keys.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #40 on: September 23, 2015, 09:36:34 AM

Man, I'm confused about how this works now.  I thought the infernal machine (which I don't actually know what is) now came free in the bottom of your cereal box.  Now I see there are still keywardens and the fact that I haven't seen one since 2014 has me worried that I'm once again playing this game incorrectly.

1. Create character
2. Bounties until 70
3. Greater Rifts
4. Huh

I'm missing some bullet points.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 23, 2015, 10:36:14 AM

Back when the max level was 60, you'd do the whole infernal machine, keys, and organs thing to get a Hellfire Ring.  The ring gives increased AoE DPS and extra bonus XP.  Anyway, since then they increased the max level to 70, and added a number of versions of Hellfire Amulet that can be obtained with the parts, in addition to the ring.  But basically there are so many more and better legendary and set items available as random drops now, that hellfire rings and amulets are not worth the bother now.

So yeah:

- create character.
- bounties, or go through the acts in story mode at increased difficulty, or be powerlevelled by someone to 70.
- rifts and greater rifts and bounties and use the cube to re-roll and upgrade for legendary and set armor for  your character.
- increase the torment level as you get better gear.

People do the above 4 steps every season (every couple months), from scratch.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #42 on: September 23, 2015, 10:50:55 AM

You're saying they decided to get the day's eating out of the way all at once?

I'm still trying to get the cube to do anything.  I found a legendary that I felt I could part with, then I figured out that only specific traits are able to be stored.  So I decided I just need to get one of each class to 70 first.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 23, 2015, 11:50:42 AM

I'm still trying to get the cube to do anything.  I found a legendary that I felt I could part with, then I figured out that only specific traits are able to be stored.  So I decided I just need to get one of each class to 70 first.

Each slot of cube traits will have 3-4 pages of abilities.  Just check the name of the legendary item you're interested in against the list of traits for that slot to see if you can cube them. 

Hope that helps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 12:04:43 PM

The map has icons now to indicate which areas have a keywarden, and the keywardens now drop infernal machines instead of keys.

Port into the area, run around until you find/kill the warden.  It's still not a guaranteed drop, but if it doesn't it's pretty fast to quit and restart for another go at it.

In some ways a good immunity amulet is better, depending on whether there's enough passive abilities that work with your build to be worth it.  It's easy to get an amulet, but getting one with a useful passive AND good amulet stats is tough.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #45 on: September 23, 2015, 12:10:15 PM

Hell fire amulets are often the best legendary amulet for many builds, so don't dismiss them.  Gaining a 5th passive skill slot is pretty damn nice.

But yeah, as Polysorbate80 said, Keywardens spawn 100% of the time.  Its just the drop rate for the machines that depends on difficulty.  I've already built 4 amulets without a ton of effort.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 12:43:13 PM

Each slot of cube traits will have 3-4 pages of abilities.  Just check the name of the legendary item you're interested in against the list of traits for that slot to see if you can cube them. 

Hope that helps.

That is useful, except it turns out I have two legendaries of the same name that don't have the ability listed for that piece.  I probably need to reevaluate what loot I pick up and what to do with it once I have it.

The map has icons now to indicate which areas have a keywarden,

Do tell.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 01:01:57 PM

Do tell.
In each of the first four acts, the Keywarden is always in the same zone, and the icon on the map looks like an old-timey key.
There might even be a tooltip.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 23, 2015, 05:26:32 PM

For some reason none of the map screenshots I can see on the internet show the key icons, but here is an example...  locations with a yellow ! have a bounty, red demon head = there's a boss there, and little icon of a key = there is a keywarden there.

EDIT:  As far as the cube, you collect legendary weapons and armor that have orange text abilities listed in the stats.  And you also have to do bounties for each act to collect mats from each act.  And some Death's Breath mats from killing elite packs.  You put the legendary item + all mats in the cube and the cube will basically learn that item's orange text ability, allowing you to activate it without having to equip the item.

Because it requires mats, people typically cube up the good stuff first:  immunity to arcane, fire, cold, etc. amulets, ring of royal grandeur, boots that make you immune to stun, etc.  You have to find these things first, as drops, but if your stash is full of saved legendary items, you can cube them up.

The cube has the recipes built in - just click the book icon on the lower right corner of the cube interface.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 05:31:57 PM by ajax34i »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #49 on: September 23, 2015, 05:36:21 PM

1. I don't see any key icons in the linked pic.  But I'm tired.
2. You make it sound like... I... don't have to... wear the item?

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: September 23, 2015, 06:01:03 PM

Yeah that's what the cube does.  You build a database of abilities and then pick 3 (one weapon, one armor, one jewelry) to be active on your character without having to wear those items.  You can switch which ones at will when you're in town.  The database you build applies to all your characters in the same category (normal, seasonal, hardcore (dead-is-dead), and seasonal-hardcore).  So you can make a level 1 alt and immediately grant him a RORG, boots of no stun, and the proc from some weapon.  What powers you pick in the cube can be different for each character, just the overall database is shared on the account.

EDIT:  Also, you can put in a level 70 yellow item, such as a ring, and some mats (a bit expensive), and get a guaranteed legendary or set ring (or whatever kind of item you put in), which increases your chances to get the item you want to much better than gambling with Kadala.  It doesn't seem to be completely random; I've had it give me exactly the pieces of monk armor sets that I needed, I believe it looks in your stash to see what you may need.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 06:12:29 PM by ajax34i »
March
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 23, 2015, 08:04:59 PM

It doesn't seem to be completely random; I've had it give me exactly the pieces of monk armor sets that I needed, I believe it looks in your stash to see what you may need.

Negatory...I've rolled 4 duplicate Shenlong's Spirit... once back to back, all with one in my stash.  One of the 4 was Ancient, so at least an upgrade.  But a single piece of that set is mostly useless.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 23, 2015, 08:46:33 PM

1. I don't see any key icons in the linked pic.  But I'm tired.

It does tooltip it:

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: September 24, 2015, 01:29:36 AM

Yeg is making me feel both better and worse about my Diablo knowledge.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #54 on: September 24, 2015, 07:10:22 AM

I have to drop information to make room for new information, and my new job has a lot of new information.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #55 on: September 24, 2015, 07:33:37 AM

I didn't even think about putting a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the cube.  That's a "duh" moment if ever there was one.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 24, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Actually, it's a fucking problem because the rorg is so fundamentally awesome that it pretty much invalidates a lot of other bits of tat you'd put in the Kube.

March
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 24, 2015, 10:11:25 AM

Still pretty much have to farm one RoRG per character, but one is definitely cubed.  Right now I'm wearing one while using the Fire Immunity from the cube.  But once I complete ring sets, it is probably cube RoRG depending on build.

I'm only GR28, and it seems that a lot of later builds just wear all 6 pieces... so maybe its an early/mid-game issue.  But yeah, right now RoRG is about as "fun" as "Inventory Management"
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #58 on: September 24, 2015, 10:19:34 AM

So, for seasonal characters, do you need to clear the story first before you dive into bounties?  It's been a while. 

What's the least click intensive character right now that's still relatively fun?  I don't like spammy builds.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 24, 2015, 10:47:20 AM

No, you don't.

Ummmmmmmm.  Diablo is clicks.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #60 on: September 24, 2015, 11:04:45 AM

I try to minimize the arm rape.

-Rasix
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 24, 2015, 11:06:27 AM

I think they all play about the same when it comes to clicks - intensive.

One nice thing is that it's an easy game to play for 10 minutes at a time.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #62 on: September 24, 2015, 11:20:15 AM

What's the least click intensive character right now that's still relatively fun?  I don't like spammy builds.

YouTube

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: September 24, 2015, 11:38:33 AM

Pet Doctor isn't that clicky if you don't want to....

I guess.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #64 on: September 24, 2015, 12:44:56 PM

Is D3 less clicky on PS4?

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: September 24, 2015, 02:11:42 PM

One difference between the PC and the console versions is that consoles have an auto-targeting feature that kinda locks you onto an enemy; that may result in less spastic button pressing.  I know that for me, on the PC, my mouse cursor actually disappears in all the explosions and brightly colored monsters around me (the cursor is always rendered on top, I just fail to see it), and that just drives me to click like mad.  A click can mean "attack" if the mouse happens to be on a monster, or "move" if I'm clicking the ground or clicking a monster that's far away.  And again, monk gameplay is you get buried under 20-30 monsters and then BOOM they all blow up with Exploding Palm.  I have no clue where my mouse is during all this.  I'm clicking like crazy.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: September 24, 2015, 07:07:36 PM

If you're clicking in combat you're doing it wrong. LMB on my Demon Hunter is always Turret or Companion or something that doesn't get spammed. Main abilities are on ASDF. Spacebar is move.

Clicking to attack is dumb anyway since it's harder to be precise with the mouse when you're mashing LMB. I'd do it even if all the tissue in my arm and shoulder wasn't about to fall apart.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: September 24, 2015, 08:08:11 PM

Maybe I am doing it wrong.  Right mouse button is Lashing Tail Kick, enhanced to Exploding Palm proportions by both the Sunwuko and Inna sets and the boots, and crits from spamming it (courtesy of the Broken Promises ring) give me a ton of Sweeping Wind vortices.  So I right-click a lot.  Although, I'm trying to slow down because "1.15 attacks per second" is, basically, a global cooldown, and clicking more than ~once per second does nothing.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #68 on: September 25, 2015, 05:22:15 AM

If you're clicking in combat you're doing it wrong. LMB on my Demon Hunter is always Turret or Companion or something that doesn't get spammed. Main abilities are on ASDF. Spacebar is move.

Clicking to attack is dumb anyway since it's harder to be precise with the mouse when you're mashing LMB. I'd do it even if all the tissue in my arm and shoulder wasn't about to fall apart.

You've lost me.  How do you perform the main attack?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: September 25, 2015, 05:35:36 AM

He presses a key.

Wildly different from clicking.

Ohhhhh, I see.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Hypernoob question about items and crafting  
Jump to: