Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Dynasty League?? Gauging interest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NHL Dynasty League?? Gauging interest  (Read 3538 times)
Stewie
Terracotta Army

on: July 08, 2015, 11:17:49 AM

I am just wondering if anyone here would be interested in a paid ($50/year) 10 team NHL Roto Dynasty League?

If you are not familiar with these, it is a league where you will carry over almost your whole roster year to year with a rookie draft each year.
You would also have a "Farm" team which you can bring players up from or just stash young players until they are ready for a full time role.
With Roto this means that there will be a number of categories (in this case 9) that you are ranked. If you are 1st in a category you would get 10 points, 2nd is 9 points etc.

For an example of what a team may look like, here is my current team http://imgur.com/rRQZ0en
I would be looking for 8 more people. The main thing I'm looking for is people that are committed and active. Nothing worse than neglectful gms in Fantasy. The nice thing with this format is that there is usually battles right to the end of the year.

Let me know if anyone would be interested.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:20:25 AM

I have been informed that I am very interested and excited about this!

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 11:26:17 AM

soo, I guess not much interest in a NHL dynasty league with f13'rs?

Professional Forum Lurker.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 02:11:39 PM

5 years ago I would have been very interested - now, I can't even keep up with my one NFL pool I enter. I think I am pretty over the whole 'fantasy sports' thing.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 03:16:42 PM

The super-deep benches are intimidating for anyone who doesn't follow minor league and junior hockey.  15 goalies?!?
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 03:33:22 PM

I barely was able to keep up with my little yahoo league this year.

However, my reward for paying attention and gaming the system was sweet, sweet digital gold.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 03:58:14 PM

I'd be interested, but I'm already in four different leagues (one of which is even more involved than this -- as there's a Euro system added on, basically) and they can all pay well so I put most of my attention onto them; especially since I do decently well in them and have built up good teams, or have first pick this next season. Just don't have the time for another league.

Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 07:42:09 AM

Good idea but I'm not really interested in these keeper leagues. Takes enough time to keep track of things in the NHL for my 2-3 current leagues, not too much motivation to have to add in being an amateur scout picking through a half dozen junior and minor leagues.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NHL Dynasty League?? Gauging interest  
Jump to: