Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:13:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Rocket League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocket League  (Read 20315 times)
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 05:10:11 PM

Bought it. Love it. I am terrible.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 07:05:27 PM

I just hit Veteran.

ACK!
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 09, 2015, 03:34:54 PM

I finally bought it.

I don't think I've ever had so much fun sucking before.  I don't feel bad about actually paying full price for a game for once.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 09, 2015, 06:07:04 PM

I hope they do a 4 pack for $60 soon.

I'm still playing 2+ hours a day of this on my PS4.  Hit 800 ranked 3s and found my ceiling.  Everyone flies better than me.

My buds were joking that my tagline should be: "Hey, I hit it!".

Everyone of you fun-hating f13ers should be playing this.  So damn fun.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #39 on: August 09, 2015, 07:06:02 PM

It's really good for scratching that "five minutes of multiplayer fun" itch.  Like Counter-Strike, but with less tension and more wheeee.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #40 on: August 09, 2015, 10:01:55 PM

Played several hours of this (3v3 and 4v4) at a lan party on Saturday.  I am awful at it, but it is a ton of fun.
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 01:01:48 PM

My brother came to visit for a night with his family. Rocket league was a HUGE hit for his 10 year old son. Its weird and easy to play with tons of crazy stuff going on it kept him totally enthralled for hours.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #42 on: August 17, 2015, 11:10:06 PM

My heart was pounding. This game creates some incredibly tense moments.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: August 18, 2015, 05:15:06 AM

Is it possible to group up with friends, cross platform? I have it for PS4 and a friend wants to get it for PC.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 18, 2015, 05:38:39 AM

Is it possible to group up with friends, cross platform? I have it for PS4 and a friend wants to get it for PC.

Only for private matches.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 18, 2015, 05:47:58 AM

Supposedly that's coming, but right now you can only group up with people on the same platforms (seems mostly a restriction on friends platforms right now, since it uses Steam friends list and PSN friends list respectively).
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 20, 2015, 03:42:46 PM

I think this won't be nearly as much fun once people get good at it.  Right now it's amazing though.

I am the .00000001428%
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 21, 2015, 11:48:01 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwGFZk9NLaU

Holy shit the MLG final was incredible.
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 21, 2015, 12:39:14 PM

First comment: How the fuck do I do that......

Second comment: Who the hell designed a spectating UI that completely blocks your view of the action in order to select what viewpoint you want to watch, especially for such a fast paced game.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 24, 2015, 09:07:18 AM

This game has some serious 'just one more game, OK one more, oh shit what time is it?' going on.

It's just so rewarding when you pull off something crazy.  And I think 5 minutes is the perfect match length.  Just enough to be competitive and fun but also short enough for a quick game or to get out of a bad one.

I think the best matches are the ones where you get a few people to stick around and mix up the teams a few times in a row.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #50 on: August 25, 2015, 10:47:29 AM

First comment: How the fuck do I do that......

Second comment: Who the hell designed a spectating UI that completely blocks your view of the action in order to select what viewpoint you want to watch, especially for such a fast paced game.

I haven't used the spectating system yet, but you should send that feedback to Pysonix. They're pretty good about listening to feedback. I know they were accepting feedback through their bug email address: bugs@rocket-league.com.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #51 on: September 07, 2015, 11:09:43 PM

Shit, this is fun!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: October 27, 2015, 10:03:39 AM

If anyone is still playing, hit me up...

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 27, 2015, 11:04:34 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwGFZk9NLaU

Holy shit the MLG final was incredible.

Amazing finish.  I hope this game gets some traction as an esport.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: October 28, 2015, 11:41:58 AM

Mutators!

Hopefully it doesn't split the playerbase too much though.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: November 02, 2015, 09:12:03 AM

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #56 on: November 02, 2015, 03:45:35 PM

Holy shit, that first goal that orange makes -- was he dribbling the ball on top of his car before launching it in?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Muffled
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 03, 2015, 01:02:28 AM

Yes, he was.  Kronovi (orange) streams on Twitch.tv/camgears if you're interested in that sort of thing.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: November 03, 2015, 05:38:28 AM

I've got 100+ hours into this game and the most impressive part of that video is how easily he changes between camera views. Makes a huge difference in ball placement and maneuvering and is fucking hard to do.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: November 03, 2015, 09:17:01 AM

Usually videos like that make me feel like this is awesome, I want to work at getting better.  That one was more like "Weeeelllll, fuck.  I'll never be that good, I should just quit now."

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 04, 2015, 05:09:38 AM

Usually videos like that make me feel like this is awesome, I want to work at getting better.  That one was more like "Weeeelllll, fuck.  I'll never be that good, I should just quit now."
This is why I don't watch streams/videos of competitive games; I always get that latter feeling.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: November 09, 2015, 09:05:03 PM

http://www.pcgamer.com/rocket-league-mutators-are-out-today-in-a-free-update/

This is pretty fun. So far I like the low gravity and small ball. Cube can be kinda fun too.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 22, 2015, 02:47:12 PM

I'm getting really good at this.  Aerials and transition saves.

If you see me on toss me a message so I can show off.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: December 23, 2015, 09:08:46 AM

I concur. Hat is a beast.

On sale again for 14 bucks a friend told me....

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 23, 2015, 11:24:51 AM

This game is a steal if anyone hasn't bought it yet. I play a couple matches a day just to blow off some steam. I'm better than I used to be, but still not as good as everyone else I'm matched with.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 23, 2015, 09:07:29 PM

Picked it up on Steam today, pretty fun. My timing is still off and for the most part I just run around in circles at full throttle, trying to crash into the other team. Seems to work ok.

Had to dig out my controller, glad I had all the pieces in my box-of-random-computer-crap!

- Viin
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: January 26, 2016, 03:14:01 PM

Man, I feel like I'm getting good at this.  I mean, after 300 hours I should be right?

Is there an easy program to capture like 5s of video of a videogame, turn into a gif, directly upload it to imgur at a designated scale/size and provide a link?  I mean, without doing all those steps individually?

I want to share!
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: January 26, 2016, 05:07:23 PM

Not that I know of. Most video capture programs are aimed at higher quality stuff for Youtube/Twitch.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: March 02, 2016, 11:32:47 PM

So I've started playing the ranked matches with the start of the new season, but which one should I be using for pick-up games?

Was playing Standard for a bit, but after starting out in Division VI, I've been knocked down to Division I due to shitty pubby teams. Now I'm playing Solo Standard, which seems a bit better (a team loss doesn't kill my Division unless I don't get any points - which, of course, may or may not be my teams fault ;).  Is Standard meant to be for pre-formed teams? Sure seems like a lot of solo players in the queue, with only a handful in the Solo Standard.

- Viin
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: March 03, 2016, 07:42:18 AM

So I've started playing the ranked matches with the start of the new season, but which one should I be using for pick-up games?

Was playing Standard for a bit, but after starting out in Division VI, I've been knocked down to Division I due to shitty pubby teams. Now I'm playing Solo Standard, which seems a bit better (a team loss doesn't kill my Division unless I don't get any points - which, of course, may or may not be my teams fault ;).  Is Standard meant to be for pre-formed teams? Sure seems like a lot of solo players in the queue, with only a handful in the Solo Standard.

So for the ranked play it's 4 categories:
Solo Duel (one on one)
Duos (two on two)
Solo Standard (three on three no preset teams)
Standard (three on three with preset teams)

For pick up games Solo Standard will only face you vs. other individually queued players.  It's a bit easier than playing vs. preset teams as the way the matchmaking works is to average out the team rank on each side.  So in Solo you're more likely to have partners your level and be against players your level.  In Standard (and Duo) you could potentially go against a team that is a mix of high level and low level players.

Either way there's no accounting for random team mates, just focus on Rocket League Rule Number 1:

Don't miss the ball.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:48:51 AM by MrHat »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Rocket League  
Jump to: