Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:13:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Title TBA: Top Gear 2: Judgment Day 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Title TBA: Top Gear 2: Judgment Day  (Read 4278 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 23, 2015, 05:00:27 PM

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeremy-clarkson-confirms-new-car-show-with-former-top-gear-mates-2015-6

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Producers need to get punched more often. Now I have no reason to watch any original non-news content on BBC. Fuck yeah.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 07:33:52 PM

Hoorj!

I can't see why anyone would watch the next season of Top Gear. Chris Evans popularity has always seemed inexplicable to me.
"Alright, Ginger Bollocks! Oi, Twatty Face! Shut it, you Ginger Bastard!"
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 10:05:04 PM

High point of my times going through immigration in the US was seeing Chris Evans get sent way the fuck to the back of a long queue for having an incorrectly filled out form by the guy who obviously had no idea who he was.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 10:30:11 PM

It's going to be interesting to see which network will get the new show and I for one am hoping for that it's Netflix.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 10:35:01 PM

It's going to be interesting to see which network will get the new show and I for one am hoping for that it's Netflix.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

However, sources told the Daily Mirror's Nigel Pauley that the ex-"Top Gear" trio— along with former showrunner Andy Wilman — are "very close" to a deal with Netflix.

In recent weeks, the foursome has held meetings with a number of potential suitors including British broadcasters ITV. But it seems that Netflix has come out on top.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 05:03:37 PM

Given that they've been phoning it in for the majority of the past four seasons, I can't see how this is going to be particularly good. I'm sure millions will watch it, hell I'll check it out, but they ran out of good ideas years ago (apart from the hover-van, that shit was awesome), and now they're just rehashing the same old jokes with less passion.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 05:19:21 PM

Given that they've been phoning it in for the majority of the past four seasons, I can't see how this is going to be particularly good. I'm sure millions will watch it, hell I'll check it out, but they ran out of good ideas years ago (apart from the hover-van, that shit was awesome), and now they're just rehashing the same old jokes with less passion.

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 11:02:56 AM

Professional Forum Lurker.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 01:42:25 PM

"And on that bomb explosion"  awesome, for real
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 07:10:45 AM

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 09:19:19 AM

Fuck yes. Even less of a reason to sign onto Amazon.

Hic sunt dracones.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 12:20:32 PM

So Chris Evans is horrid as a host on the BBC. Matt LeBlanc is surprisingly...nice.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 08:57:45 AM

LeBlanc is the best thing on the show now.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 01, 2016, 02:04:35 AM

I really think the solution is to let Chris Evans go, my wife watched like 5 minutes of of episode and commented on his shouty annoying voice. His short sweaters riding up showing his navel and underwear just make me cringe watching it.

Rory Reid and Chris Harris on Extra Gear would fine instead, and stop the horrid horrid horrid two person interview with the rally car.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 03:22:40 AM

I looked at the cast and the one that jumped out at me was Evans, with the thought "Get rid of that Ginger fuckwit and they might have a good show here"

Hic sunt dracones.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 11:57:19 AM

I really think the solution is to let Chris Evans go, my wife watched like 5 minutes of of episode and commented on his shouty annoying voice. His short sweaters riding up showing his navel and underwear just make me cringe watching it.

Rory Reid and Chris Harris on Extra Gear would fine instead, and stop the horrid horrid horrid two person interview with the rally car.

I really think the solution is to let Chris Evans go, my wife watched like 5 minutes of of episode and commented on his shouty annoying voice.

I really think the solution is to let Chris Evans go,

SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO IT SHALL BE DONE!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 12:48:38 PM

And yes, I am a wizard.

I listened to one of his BBC2 radio morning shows and he's a completely different person on that. Not shouty. Genuine, which doesn't come across on Top Gear, I would have been fine with that person. 

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 05, 2016, 01:15:23 AM

I'm thinking Evans just signed on for one season to be extra annoying and act as the sacrificial lamb of the audience hate of the original 3 presenters leaving. 

The cinematography of Top Gear has always been amazing, they way they film cars is amazing, it turns them into works of art.  They boyish charm of the aging original presenters really only had a couple of years left. I'm looking forward to next years version.

Plus we have the Amazon series in the off season. We can have a year round show about people being jackasses in cars now. I'm not sure I could ask for more. Other than maybe anti-aging drugs for Clarkson, May and Hammond.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Title TBA: Top Gear 2: Judgment Day  
Jump to: