Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:22:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Master of Orion 4 by Wargaming 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Master of Orion 4 by Wargaming  (Read 6889 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: June 09, 2015, 01:20:46 AM

Polygon.

I'm pretty excited about this. I have no idea what NGD are like as a studio but apparently they have some old MoO vets in there with them.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 06:20:23 AM

Polygon.

I'm pretty excited about this. I have no idea what NGD are like as a studio but apparently they have some old MoO vets in there with them.

by World of Tanks publisher Wargaming.

Ugh....those arcade fuckwits? (Nothing personal, I am playing WoWs currently...)

The link actually says WG will be the publisher and subcontract work to an Argentinian studio called "NGD Studios", but I am not sure that's very reassuring.

I guess wait and see, although personally I have given up hope on classic remakes.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 07:32:12 AM

After MoO3 I'll not hold my breath.  Distant Worlds currently satisfies that 4X craving.  If they pull off a proper successor though, I'll be very happy.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Speedy Cerviche
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 07:42:59 AM

Looks like Wargaming fronted them some serious money for voice acting, orchestras, rendered graphics, etc. Which is nice but not guaranteeing anything. Distant Worlds is great, relatively low budget, but the only flaws in the game wouldn't be solved by money anyway (some wonky UI issues, logistic freighter AI algorithms spazz out sometimes on resources management).

WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 08:33:18 AM

Christ knows WG has enough cash floating around. Digital crack is good for the bottom line.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
brellium
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 05:56:33 PM

Polygon.

Just pick up Distant Worlds: Universe.

‎"One must see in every human being only that which is worthy of praise. When this is done, one can be a friend to the whole human race. If, however, we look at people from the standpoint of their faults, then being a friend to them is a formidable task."
—‘Abdu’l-Bahá
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 08:06:59 PM

MOO2 is one of my favorite PC games of all time. Still I have trouble getting excited for a Wargaming reboot. Cautiously optimistic I guess.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Torinak
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 09:28:09 PM

Polygon.

MoO vets or MoO3 vets?

The scary thing is that nearly all of that article could have been written about MoO3 in reference to MoO2, and we know how that turned out.

I'd really like them to explain what they think was the soul of MoO and MoO2 and how they're preserving that, and not go on about big-name actors doing voiceovers and copying specific races.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 08:37:17 AM

Polygon.

Just pick up Distant Worlds: Universe.

Is that game really worth $60?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 10:03:25 AM

If you love 4X then I would say yes.

Now it doesn't tend to go on sale often or for much, but Steam sales are about to start, so I'd say it's worth putting on your wish list and keeping an eye out.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 05:15:52 AM

It's on sale for 34% off until June 22.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 05:51:22 AM

I can already see the calls of Russian biased space ships. awesome, for real
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 05:38:13 AM

Official Website. Just for completeness.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 02:14:12 AM

Up for early access on Steam.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Jade Falcon
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 05:25:47 AM

No turn based combat and fixed hard points on ship building is what I'm seeing people talking about so far.I think I'm going to hold off for awhile and watch this one MoO3 has still left a bad taste in my mouth and this is sounding like any of the other 4x's I already have.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 12:22:07 PM

Instantly earns my enmity for being named "Master of Orion."  Call it "Master of Orion 4" or if you're trying to reboot it (whatever that means in the context of a 4x) something like "Master of Orion: Stellar" or "Master of Orion Solid" or SOMETHING so that I don't have to call it Master of Orion (2016) whenever I'm talking to anybody over the age of 10.

I really hate when companies do this.  

"Hey, you know what's a popular franchise?  Doom.  We should just call ourselves Doom.  That would be a great idea, then everyone would buy our game thinking we had anything at all to do with a game that's almost 25 years old"
"But why not call it Doom 4 or something so that people don't have to come up with some kind of weird unofficial pet name whenever they discuss it?"
"No, Doom sucked and we don't want anyone to remember it.  Let's just reboot the whole thing so people who never played the originals can get in on the ground floor."
"But doesn't that alienate the audience who want a new Doom game in the first place?  Who are we aiming this at, new players or returning players?  It seems like this defeats the entire purpose of..."
"No, shut up, this is flawless, just ask Sega."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:43:35 PM by Kail »
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 03:32:30 PM

It looks like they are calling it Master of Orion: Conquer The Stars.

All the stuff I have been watching just makes me want to play MoO2 again though.
Wasted
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 07:06:32 AM

This is out of early access now it looks like, anyone tried it?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 27, 2016, 10:25:34 AM

I caught a couple of minutes of a stream last might, and it looks pretty, but it seemed to be running in real time, not turn based.

Hic sunt dracones.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 11:33:19 AM

It's real time, yeah.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Master of Orion 4 by Wargaming  
Jump to: