Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:05:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Briefcase 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Briefcase  (Read 1810 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 04, 2015, 12:27:25 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 10:23:56 AM

What a fucking tool belt.

pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 11:23:51 AM

A more intelligent article about the show:
America perceives poverty as a moral failure, which is why the participants on The Briefcase have to perform generosity to such an extreme degree. These people have to "prove" themselves as virtuous — to themselves, to one another, but in particular to a viewing audience at home — to show how unlike other poor people they are. We're not really poor, we just had a string of really bad luck, unlike those other people who are poor on purpose. I'm not suggesting the families on the show aren't actually nice. In fact, many of them seem incredibly loving and wonderful, people any of us would be lucky to know. But even assholes are entitled not to live a life of abject suffering. Why does the burden of helping "struggling" people fall on other struggling people?

Is Les Moonves[, president and CEO of CBS Corp,] pulling his car over to throw up because he's so paralyzed by trying to do the right thing? If he is, make a show about that. If he's not, make a show about why not.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 01:32:31 PM

Someone was telling me about this show. I seriously thought they were joking.

beer geek.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 02:25:08 PM

I would keep the money unless kittens needed it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 03:02:49 PM

$50k is a lot of money.  I'm pretty sure as soon as they pitched me that offer I'd just say "okay, I'll keep half, they take half, I don't need to know anything else."  No matter how bad off they are I'm not going to feel bad about "only" giving them $50k, and at the same time I'm not going to complain about me "only" keeping $50k worth of free money even if they're assholes.  So, whatever.  Down the middle.  Done.  Everyone gets to go home early.  Woo!

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 04:03:31 PM

$50k is a lot of money.  I'm pretty sure as soon as they pitched me that offer I'd just say "okay, I'll keep half, they take half, I don't need to know anything else."  No matter how bad off they are I'm not going to feel bad about "only" giving them $50k, and at the same time I'm not going to complain about me "only" keeping $50k worth of free money even if they're assholes.  So, whatever.  Down the middle.  Done.  Everyone gets to go home early.  Woo!

That is basically my thoughts too. 
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 04:05:08 PM

I'd just keep it all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 06:50:40 PM

And Les Moonves makes more in a week than all the money they're gonna give these poor bastards with their Faustian bargain.

Fuck this show and fuck whoever thought it was a good idea.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 07:10:48 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Briefcase  
Jump to: