Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Wander, non-combat MMO for otherkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wander, non-combat MMO for otherkin  (Read 7007 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

on: May 28, 2015, 06:39:22 PM

Just noticed this today.  Releases 04 June on Steam and PS4.  I don't really get what you do in this other than...wander around a forest shape shifting into different plants and animals.  Whatever, man.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/293280/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aRUfmKMgSk
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 10:37:41 AM

“Wander...focuses on building an atmosphere that will pique players' curiosity — and then leaves them to find their own way, and each other.”
Polygon

“Gorgeous”
IGN

“Wander looks to change up the MMO formula... relying on the sheer joy and mystery of exploration to carry the story along instead.”
Cinemablend
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 10:48:55 AM

Still probably more actual gameplay than Metal Gear Solid.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 11:54:29 AM

Bullshit. You need to qualify that. At least with the latter titles, the gameplay was so good that the quantity was irrelevant. More doesn't mean better.

And as far as I can tell, Wander has absolutely no gameplay.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 12:09:02 PM

I was thinking MSG 2. Which seemed horrific.

Still, mostly a joke. Mostly.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 01:48:59 PM

This is just a furry dating site with a fancy GUI, right?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 11:23:20 PM

Yeah, the word "other kin" made me wonder how SirBrucian this was  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 05:25:18 PM

I don't think so...?  It looks more like an experimental thing, but the $25 buy in is too steep for me so I could easily be wrong.

As far as I can tell:
  • There is no combat
  • There is no crafting
  • There is no chat, your character "learns" word runes by finding them in the world and then sketching them out to communicate with other players
  • You can transform in to various things (I haven't seen much trawling the youtubes, but you start as a really awkward Ent with a painfully slow move speed from what I can gather) but I'm not sure what the point is of the different forms, if there is a point to anything in the game

It seems kind of puzzling to me.  From what I've seen, there's nothing that could be called challenging, or any kind of goal to work towards, which lends itself to a laid back atmosphere, but you also can't just log in and hang out with friends because of the weird awkward chat system.  I'm not sure why you'd play this or what the draw is.  I guess if you want a "stroll in the woods" simulator this is it, but why make it an MMO then, why bother with these weird language stones and transformation runes.  I really don't get what they're trying to do.  It has the look of an Early Access game that hasn't had it's core mechanics patched in, but this is supposed to be the full release.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:31:05 PM by Kail »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 08:38:42 PM

Remember when I subscribed to Seed?  Good times.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 09, 2015, 08:57:59 AM

I dunno, seems all right.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 10:14:07 AM

Holy shit that is awesome in a trainwreck kinda way. I'm in.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 12:38:26 PM

We have to go back to the Island.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 01:20:16 PM

OMG, that's great  Heart

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Scold
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 06:54:05 AM

This actually sounds like it might be perfect for my virtuix omni + oculus home gym setup; I was thinking of just running through VR skyrim, but this would be a nice change of scenery.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Wander, non-combat MMO for otherkin  
Jump to: