Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 05:32:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 242348 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #175 on: June 25, 2015, 09:18:32 PM

Those credits are from your service level which was preserved for some reason, not what you earned in CBT battles.

Ah, okay. I misread the total, it was only two and a half million anyway.

Also, I went and confirmed Warspite is still there and available.

Also x 2, then entire planet is apparently pissed that Wargaming took back their Murmansk and are calling bullshit on their "clarification". I doubt they'll cave and give people back their Murmansk, but you never know.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: June 25, 2015, 09:24:33 PM

Considering that the Humble Bundle thing was US server only it would have been a pretty uneven way to get started (though not sure if that would have been only a bad thing).
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #177 on: June 25, 2015, 11:02:22 PM

Considering that the Humble Bundle thing was US server only it would have been a pretty uneven way to get started (though not sure if that would have been only a bad thing).

It's not as if they haven't done things exclusively on other servers that were never offered to NA players and probably never will be. Also, reading through their forum the posts from the company representative are still there stating in plain English that people would keep the HumbleBundle Murmansk. They lined the test out and added a link to a post put up today that says no, you don't keep it, sucks to be you. I'm pretty sure that's a pretty clear violation of something. Since the company is Russian they're obviously shifty, crooked liars but that doesn't make them immune to having to follow whatever laws we have regarding this sort of thing. If it in fact turns out they didn't do anything illegal I know a great new business I'm going to get into. Selling people stuff that I'm never going to send them and keeping the money, then issue an apology and say it was a misunderstanding and that the money was actually a fee for participating in an internet commerce simulation.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: June 25, 2015, 11:19:19 PM

I can't wait for some state's attorney general to send them a nice letter.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: June 26, 2015, 02:01:53 AM

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #180 on: June 26, 2015, 03:28:23 AM

Now it would be time for the other regions to start a whinefest, cause why should murcians get a free premium ship and others not?  why so serious?

As an aside I am curious about the popularity of the game in the different markets. It will be interesting to see the player numbers once OBT hits.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: June 26, 2015, 08:38:18 AM

2570 people on the US server rightr now... were 4000 last night.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: June 26, 2015, 11:22:38 AM

Those credits are from your service level which was preserved for some reason, not what you earned in CBT battles.

Here's what they used to determine what you got awarded after the wipe.

Account levels – based on the number of battles played

While we are taking all your Experience away, we are returning some of your hard earned account levels!

Level 2: 5 battles played
Level 3: 10 battles played
Level 4: 20 battles played
Level 5: 35 battles played
Level 6: 49+ battles played
Flags – based on the number of battles played compared to other players

Believe us, you want these. They're not easy to come by and will give you a huge boost during the OBT.

Top 1% of players: 40 flags (of each type)
Next top 10%: 20 flags
Next top 30%: 10 flags
The remaining 59%: 2 flags
Signal flags will become visible only after unlocking Account Level 7.

Commander(s) for tier I ships – based on the number of battles played compared to other players

Top 1% of players: 9 skill points
Next top 10%: 7 skill points
Next top 30%: 5 skill points
The remaining 59%: 3 skill points
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #183 on: June 26, 2015, 11:35:48 AM

Woohoo I was in the bottom 59% awesome, for real
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: June 26, 2015, 03:01:08 PM

Makes you feel good to be segregated doesn't it?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I played a few games today but the performance is absolute dogshit, at least on my PC. When I got into battle it became an uncontrolable slideshow. I would advise anyone to defragment their Hard drive after loading the patch as it scattered pits and pieces of diles all over the hard drive. it was better after I defragged but not stellar. Ping is definitely higher than tanks for me as well (around 130 compared wth 50 to 60), which contributed to it feeling unenjoyably sluggish.

The "free" battleship seems to be alright. Lots of Secondary weapons, the guns are ok, but it has no air defense at all. The warspite is actually still available so I was wrong about that. I bought a load of slots and the Russian Aurora which seems to be a Russian premium version of the St. Louis American cruiser.

Teams have been woeful today, as expected. Ahh everyone hide behind an island and let the opposition crossfire you.

Hic sunt dracones.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: June 26, 2015, 03:44:02 PM

I have 20 of each flag and my veteran captains have 7 skill points so I must have been in the top 10 percent. That surprises me because i only had about 80 battles in.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: June 26, 2015, 03:52:01 PM

I had around 120 battles on the EU server (not counting co-op) and I got the 59% reward.  Heartbreak

Hic sunt dracones.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: June 26, 2015, 09:35:40 PM

I just logged in and my Humble Bundle items are now there.  Looks like WG un-fucked themselves for once.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #188 on: June 27, 2015, 02:02:00 AM

I have 20 of each flag and my veteran captains have 7 skill points so I must have been in the top 10 percent. That surprises me because i only had about 80 battles in.

That's lucky (buggy?) ... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

~ 940 battles and missed the 1% cutoff. Seems it was somewhere between 1000 - 1050 games no EU servers.

---

The "free" battleship seems to be alright. Lots of Secondary weapons, the guns are ok, but it has no air defense at all. The warspite is actually still available so I was wrong about that. I bought a load of slots and the Russian Aurora which seems to be a Russian premium version of the St. Louis American cruiser.

Arkansas is basically a Wyoming (stock Tier US IV) in camouflage. But it so much more fun to play than the Myogi, which already starts to feel grindy to me. Going from 12 to 6 guns is very noticeable. They don't feel balanced at all.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #189 on: June 27, 2015, 06:07:43 PM

Is it just me, or are the destroyers basically made of fucking tissue paper now, with magazines that get critted like it's a bottle of nitro glycerine riding on a fucking rickety ass wooden rollercoaster?

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #190 on: June 27, 2015, 06:12:57 PM

Is it just me, or are the destroyers basically made of fucking tissue paper now, with magazines that get critted like it's a bottle of nitro glycerine riding on a fucking rickety ass wooden rollercoaster?
You got to zig zag lots and use the islands plus smoke for torpedo sneak attacks.

Edit: AP rounds really need a buff something fierce or HE needs more nerfing.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 06:14:54 PM by Pennilenko »

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: June 27, 2015, 07:38:46 PM

I like how every other hit takes out engines and steering.

It reduces my incandescent rage to approach DDs like they are TF2 spies.  Still godly for clubbing baby seals, but awareness is your soft counter.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 01:03:17 AM by Triforcer »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #192 on: June 28, 2015, 06:44:52 AM

Definately not you. The huge nerfing to smoke screens didn't help either. It was annoying when a DD hid in a giant patch of smoke but the current system of letting out a 20 second smoke fart makes them pretty meh.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #193 on: June 28, 2015, 09:57:04 AM

Don't think I have had a new smoke screen save me yet.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #194 on: June 28, 2015, 10:08:27 AM

game is totally unplayable for me. I checked my CPU and it redlines at 100% when I'm playing. Basically turns into a slideshow when combat starts. Been that way since the 3.1 patch but I though 4.0 would fix it but its gotten worse

Hic sunt dracones.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #195 on: June 28, 2015, 01:27:17 PM

I see there is a XVM release for WOWS... Why did I trust that pubbie.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 02:00:51 PM by Furiously »

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #196 on: June 30, 2015, 05:43:06 PM

All Humble Bundle goodies have been given out to the players that purchased it and used the code before WG realized they fucked up.  In addition the Murmansk, I now have 7 more days of premium time, 5 more port slots and 1000 gold.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/35557-humble-bundle-update/
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #197 on: June 30, 2015, 05:54:23 PM

Not sure why they thought this would go any other way. It's not like the reaction from the player base was any sort of shock. The super nice thing is that originally it should have been either 5 port slots or 1000 gold depending on when you bought it and not both. So this worked out quite well.
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #198 on: June 30, 2015, 11:55:46 PM

Open Beta started - we could change the subject.
Is there any guide to torpedos? I just cant figure how i can hit anything without comming really close or just blindly fire them out in enemy general direction  swamp poop
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #199 on: July 01, 2015, 05:05:18 AM

In the Asian region, 80% of people are playing IJN ships- even those with Chinese names who slur Japan in poor English  why so serious?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #200 on: July 01, 2015, 10:17:55 AM

Is there any guide to torpedos? I just cant figure how i can hit anything without comming really close or just blindly fire them out in enemy general direction  swamp poop

I don't think it's OB just yet.  It was more of letting additional people in to test the load capacity of their servers.  Still technically CB.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/35533-closed-beta-final-load-test/
WayAbvPar

Reply #201 on: July 01, 2015, 10:27:14 AM

When you switch to torpedoes, there is a greyish-white cone off to the side. This is the indicator that shows where to fire to hit currently targeted ship if it stays on the same course at the same speed. Only distracted or dumb people will do that, so your results may vary. At low levels, you can sneak in on people who are exchanging broadsides (and thus likely zoomed in and not watching) and dunk on them pretty hilariously. You can also hide at the edge of islands and time it to hit targets right as they emerge (they spot you after your torpedoes are on the way so they have less time to dodge). The longer the shot, the less likely it is to hit. Good thing there is unlimited ammo!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #202 on: July 01, 2015, 11:01:54 AM

You can also adjust the spread of your torpedoes from wide to narrow by pushing the torpedo ammo weapon select button again.

Edit: also if you have multiple launchers on one side you can create a "criss-cross" pattern by angling each spread differently. This makes it a lot harder for people to avoid.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:08:31 AM by Trippy »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #203 on: July 01, 2015, 11:10:09 AM

I submitted a ticket about my cpu issues and i got a response back saying basically "you dont have a computer good enough as its 32 bit not 64 bit. Also your video card sucks, so get lost"

The problem is its not just me. This guy posted a worharound, but I'm not sure if it will work for my system as its a dual core and his is a quid core

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/17234-high-cpu-usage-problem-update-40/

Anyway I guess fuck this game till I upgrade my puter next month.

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #204 on: July 01, 2015, 11:41:35 AM

What OS? 7 32bit? Why?

My next project is figuring out how to manually drop torpedoes from bombers. I know the mechanic, but it is finicky and I am decidedly ungood at it. Went from average 2-3 torp hits per drop to missing every single drop  Ohhhhh, I see. I know it is something I really need to do, since even now most players know to steer into oncoming torp bombers to lessen the angle of attack.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #205 on: July 01, 2015, 11:44:13 AM

Yeah I've seen videos of it but I still can't seem to do a manual drop the way it's shown in those, but I don't play carriers much so I don't have much practice at it. It's annoying that a lot of basic UI control stuff isn't documented in the game.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #206 on: July 01, 2015, 11:48:36 AM

What OS? 7 32bit? Why?

Yeah, that was my thought. Their response seems dickish, but 64-bit machines have been the standard for how many years now? There comes a point at which supporting a legacy platform makes no sense and you have to say, "Sorry. You chose to go this route, you have to work it out."

However, if that IS their response, providing at 32-bit client at all is dumb. Also, since there's other users having the problem looks like they just took that as an opportunity to say, "fuck off."

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #207 on: July 01, 2015, 11:53:56 AM

Yeah, if they just said "this does not work at all on 32 bits" that would be fine. But as I said it was perfectly fine in 3.0. The issues only began happening in 3.1. I know my computer needs to be upgraded but I would rather have them not provide a 32 bit client rather than provide one if that was the issue.

And if you look a their website you will see thread after thread of people with the same issue as me and I assume my computer is a lot worse than theirs and I assume a lot are running 64 bit.

Hic sunt dracones.
disKret
Terracotta Army

Reply #208 on: July 01, 2015, 02:43:42 PM

Much better. Thank You for tips.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #209 on: July 01, 2015, 03:26:46 PM

Yeah I've seen videos of it but I still can't seem to do a manual drop the way it's shown in those, but I don't play carriers much so I don't have much practice at it. It's annoying that a lot of basic UI control stuff isn't documented in the game.

Remember now you need a level 2 skill to do a manual drop. That may be your issue.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships  
Jump to: