Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 10:14:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warships  (Read 242276 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: June 23, 2015, 01:27:27 PM

The Russian DD is a solid boat, it has hard hitting, accurate if slow to traverse guns and a longer ranged torpedo (8k range) than the US gets at tier V.  If I had to pick one, I'd go with the Sims but that is partially because my focus is US DDs and cruisers.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: June 23, 2015, 03:30:37 PM

My son is now playing rush into battle and die ASAP to hit 50 games.

WayAbvPar

Reply #142 on: June 23, 2015, 05:13:01 PM

A Pubby Is Born.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: June 23, 2015, 05:18:08 PM

Woah, advanced tactics...  ACK!

Hic sunt dracones.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: June 23, 2015, 05:57:12 PM

A Pubby Is Born.

He's gonna be a pubby with a crappy tier 4 battleship...

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #145 on: June 23, 2015, 07:49:33 PM

A Pubby Is Born.

He's gonna be a pubby with a rare and cool looking crappy tier 4 battleship...

Added the important parts there. Anyway, it could be worse, he could be hitting you up for $25,000 to buy one of those pre-release trash hauler space ships in Star Citizen.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #146 on: June 24, 2015, 09:27:19 AM

0.4.0 (Open Beta) Patch Notes

Lots of stuff here. Server will be up tomorrow morning/midday. Notification center is active, so we can see after battle reports without having to wait for the goddamned game to end. Everything is getting 2-3x more expensive in credits and XP (unsurprising, and actually a bit welcome- I enjoyed a lot of the low tier action).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #147 on: June 24, 2015, 09:43:00 AM

You will notice increases to credit and XP costs, of both ships and their modules, as well as to upgrades – by a factor of between 2 and 3.5, on average.

Here comes ze grind.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #148 on: June 24, 2015, 09:49:37 AM

Ze grind may be what ultimately kills the game for me or not. Depends on how useless I feel in early games.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #149 on: June 24, 2015, 10:35:18 AM

Ze grind may be what ultimately kills the game for me or not. Depends on how useless I feel in early games.

Tier difference isn't that harsh thankfully (with the exception of carriers).

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: June 24, 2015, 11:19:55 AM

They should make it easier to tier up, it's nice to jump around the tiers and the games seem to do OK matching other players in similar tiered ships. But I suppose they want to make it grindy enough that you buy xp to tier up rather than play for xp to tier up.

- Viin
WayAbvPar

Reply #151 on: June 24, 2015, 11:26:24 AM

I actually enjoyed the low tiers. I barely played anything more than a game or two until tier 3. This will at least give me time to decide that I hate every boat I play before I elite it and sell it in disgust.

So apparently this isn't quite Open Beta/soft release. I am assuming this is to clear the lower tiers of beta testers who would dominate and maul the hordes of new players that would be coming in.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #152 on: June 24, 2015, 02:23:46 PM

So apparently this isn't quite Open Beta/soft release. I am assuming this is to clear the lower tiers of beta testers who would dominate and maul the hordes of new players that would be coming in.

Yeah well, I am not falling for that.

My carriers are waiting...

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: June 24, 2015, 03:30:09 PM

One nice thing is that they will be starting with a linked account so that any premium time you have for WoT or WoWP will carry over to WoWs and vice versa.  Also they say no further wipes, so any gold you spend in WoWS will be spent for real.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: June 24, 2015, 06:19:48 PM

I may have to get that premium Japanese cruiser that can fire 100 million torpedos at once. Anyone have any experience with it?

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: June 24, 2015, 06:35:24 PM

The Kitakami, it is being withdrawn and replaced by the Atago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cruiser_Atago
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: June 24, 2015, 09:00:57 PM

The Kitakami, it is being withdrawn and replaced by the Atago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cruiser_Atago

Ooooooooooof course it is. Pulling the unique and interesting ship and replacing it with a cruiser that's probably about the same as the regular Japanese cruiser.

Thanks Obama.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: June 25, 2015, 02:50:57 AM

So you have a premium choice of the Atlanta with 16 5 inch guns (and American Torps) and the Atago which will have 10 7 inch guns (if they go by the historical armament) for tier 7 Cruisers.

I played a bit yesterday but the teams were dreadful. Seems everyone had buggered off once the Wipe was announced. I personally am in no major rush to the High tiers anyway. In WOT the fun is around tier 6 and I haven't seen anything to indicate that things will be different in this game. Plus the thought of the grind is not enthusing me at the moment. Thankfully this game is far more forgiving for low tier in Higher tier games than WOT.

Frankly the option of just letting eleted ships build up free XP and using that to unlock higher tier Ships with real money has an appeal. Or just buying Premium ships at higher tiers and feck the grind.

Hic sunt dracones.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #158 on: June 25, 2015, 08:11:46 AM

I agree high tiers have no real attraction for me.  I discovered in WoT that running tier x pub matches was not a lot of fun.  Using them in Clan Wars battles was cool but all in all I found myself spending most of my play time in tiers 5-8.  I expect to spend a fair amount of time in my Sims, Murmansk and the Grem.  I might buy a tier 8 premium but I don't think the Atlanta or Atago will be it. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #159 on: June 25, 2015, 10:43:08 AM

Has anyone played yet today? Wondering how things are working. I patched up before I left but the server ended up being down a couple of hours extra.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #160 on: June 25, 2015, 11:07:31 AM

They keep pushing back when the servers will be up. Current ETA is 3pm ET.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/34081-estimated-up-time-of-2pm-est-now/
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #161 on: June 25, 2015, 12:25:42 PM

I'm in. My Murmansk is gone, for some reason.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #162 on: June 25, 2015, 12:34:29 PM

Yeah, a lot of shit missing from inventories it sounds like. I am sure they will take it down again and unfuck it soon. Hopefully it will be down long enough for me to get home and start grinding  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: June 25, 2015, 12:51:31 PM

The patch hasn't hit the EU servers yet so thanks for betatesting.

I played a bit today stil with the 3.1 but the performance was complete ass. I think it was a lot better before this but I wound up in a big battle and the fps crawled to two so I ragequit. Hopefully it will be a lot smoother tomorrow.

The Murmansk is gone because they refunded all gold purchases in the closed beta. You will have to buy it again.

Coincidering getting the Warspite. Looks like a fun BB even with the range and gun turning issues.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:53:26 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: June 25, 2015, 01:53:28 PM

So is this for reals now or is there going to be another wipe?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #165 on: June 25, 2015, 02:03:50 PM

This is the final planned wipe. They of course reserve the right to wipe again if something game/account breaking emerges in OBT.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: June 25, 2015, 02:43:54 PM

This is the final planned wipe. They of course reserve the right to wipe again if something game/account breaking emerges in OBT.

So my progress from now on counts?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #167 on: June 25, 2015, 02:52:18 PM

So my progress from now on counts?

Are you a gambling man?

- Viin
WayAbvPar

Reply #168 on: June 25, 2015, 02:55:09 PM

Yeah, a lot of shit missing from inventories it sounds like. I am sure they will take it down again and unfuck it soon. Hopefully it will be down long enough for me to get home and start grinding  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Murmansk was for CTB only. Of course. What a weaselly thing to do.

But the plot thickens-

Jesus WGA is fucking incompetent. This should be a fun show in the forums!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:57:03 PM by WayAbvPar »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: June 25, 2015, 03:13:15 PM

it gets even better. i was looking for info on Premium ships and I ran across this little snippet from last april

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/26262-hms-warspite-comes-to-world-of-warships/page__st__60__pid__724904#entry724904

Ahoy, Captains! I got the answer about the Warspite.

So, the ship is currently available in the Closed Beta for 7,500 tokens. At the end of Closed Beta (start of Open Beta), it will be wiped from your account, it will be unavailable for purchase, and you will be refunded your spent tokens as doubloons. (The same as any other purchase in the Closed Beta Test)

We will eventually offer the Warspite again in the future. For the time being, it is only a Closed Beta Test ship that you can play and test during the Closed Beta. I should also make a point that the current price will not necessarily reflect its future price when it is made available again after OBT.

So bye bye Warspite till they get off their asses and decide to do the Royal navy. Which of course ill be after the Germans and the 643,898,347 Russian ships, including the one Lenin joked about that time when he was drunk.

Bitter? me?

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #170 on: June 25, 2015, 05:54:00 PM

And of course all the tokens you get off that Humble Bundle thing? That shit goes bye bye too. Fuckers.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #171 on: June 25, 2015, 05:54:32 PM

So bye bye Warspite till they get off their asses and decide to do the Royal navy. Which of course ill be after the Germans and the 643,898,347 Russian ships, including the one Lenin joked about that time when he was drunk.

Not that I disagree with your general sentiment, but I'm pretty sure I recall Warspite still available as the only ship in the British tech tree this evening.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #172 on: June 25, 2015, 06:03:26 PM

well, it was last april so maybe they changed their minds.

Hic sunt dracones.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: June 25, 2015, 08:23:25 PM

And of course all the tokens you get off that Humble Bundle thing? That shit goes bye bye too. Fuckers.

Yeah, I'm pretty pissed that all that stuff went away. But for some reason I got to keep 3 and a half million credits. I didn't think they were going to have our fake money carry over.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #174 on: June 25, 2015, 08:29:23 PM

Those credits are from your service level which was preserved for some reason, not what you earned in CBT battles.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Warships  
Jump to: