World of Warships

(1/108) > >>

calapine:
Don't worry, I am not going to make any inane "It's like World of Tanks but with ships!" jokes....  :wink:

So right to the basics:

Currently in the closed beta stage. Whereas closed means 'buy to get in'. Buying a premium ship opens access, which starts at 19.99 € / $.

Release / open beta is scheduled for ~ September. Seems to be a conservative date, the game feels quite solid at the current stage.

Ship classes:

Destroyers. Fast & nimbles. Torpedoes, torpedoes. Often Laying smoke screens to protect themselves.Cruisers. All-rounders. Still fire rather fast (down to 5 seconds reload for some). Still some torpedoes (depends on Tier and nations). Secondary role as AA-platforms to protect battleships and cruisers.Battleships. Looong range. Slow firing. Slow turning. 30 seconds main gun reload time, 60 seconds for a turret to traverse 180° degrees to give an example. This is very aiming starts to become tricky. When shells need 20 seconds to reach their target and the artillery dispersion is larger than target it feels like trying to snipe with a shotgun.Carriers. Now we are playing a different genre: RTS. Fighters, Dive Bombers, Torpedo Bombers. The airwing loadout can be swapped out to a degree, depending on nation and preferred play-style. I haven't played them yet, but the managing your planes, setting up proper torpedo attacks, fighting other carriers wings, etc... seems to be quite involved. More cerebral I think.
Playable factions will be the US Navy, IJN, Royal Navy and Kriegsmarine. So far only the former two are implemented.

Official website (EU]
Official website (US)

Let's play / game introduction on Youtube

F13 members playing:

Code:

F13         WoW        Region
=============================
Tmon        Phredde    NA
Ginaz       Ginaz      NA
Mortriden   Valhalla01 NA
Strazos     Strazos    NA
HaemishM    HaemishM   NA

calapine    Calapine   EU
satael      satael     EU
Falconeer   Falconeer  EU
SirT        Suranis1   EU

Falconeer:
I am all over this game as I was all over World of Tanks (much less about planes). It seems to be lot more MechWarrior with boats than World of Tanks I believe. But anyway, I want a closed beta key very bad, so hand me one! (please)  :drillf:

calapine:
Quote from: Falconeer on May 13, 2015, 01:44:25 AM

I am all over this game as I was all over World of Tanks (much less about planes). It seems to be lot more MechWarrior with boats than World of Tanks I believe. But anyway, I want a closed beta key very bad, so hand me one! (please)  :drillf:

I don't have one, sorry.  :heartbreak: AFAIK the only way to get in at this moment is to buy something premium (starting at ~ 20 €).

Tannhauser:
This game looks pretty great. 

Brolan:
My WoT clan is pretty much just playing Warships right now.  Thinking of taking the plunge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page