Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:28:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Lucifer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lucifer  (Read 8459 times)
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

on: May 11, 2015, 08:04:33 PM

First trailer for this is out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bF_quwNtw

Looks like it could be good, I've never read the comic so nothing to compare it to.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 10:04:35 PM

It might be a long time since I read Neil Gaiman's Lucifer comics but that trailer did seem to have very little to do with those (apart from the main character in some respects)  Ohhhhh, I see.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 10:44:42 PM

Looks entertaining.  I feel like they more or less got the tone right.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 08:10:19 AM

I'm interested.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 08:39:36 AM

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
jth
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 02:54:34 PM

It might be a long time since I read Neil Gaiman's Lucifer comics but that trailer did seem to have very little to do with those (apart from the main character in some respects)  Ohhhhh, I see.

Lucifer appeared as a side character in Sandman first, but the (excellent) standalone Lucifer comics that followed were all written by Mike Carey.

The trailer was depressing though. The show is actually based on the comics, and some rumors say it would even follow the plot rather closely, but the trailer just feels completely wrong. But then again, they tried a more authentic approach with Constantine and that got cancelled fast.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 03:02:33 PM

I would argue constantine fell hard and fast into the procedural drama hole and it never crawled out, which is why it did so poorly.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 05:54:57 PM

It was also on Friday nights and on NBC so that probably had as much to do with its failure as the procedural "monster-of-the-week" problems.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 12:12:51 AM

My fear is that Lucifer will turn into a buddy cop drama (judging by the trailer) instead of how the comic felt (it's been a long time since I read it so I could be wrong about the comic).
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 03:04:06 AM

Apparently the pilot has been leaked online so I'm actually tempted to look it up to see how it has turned out (same with the Minority Report though that is premiering in September so the temptation isn't that great as opposed to Lucifer's 2016)

edit:
Watched the pilot and it was...mediocre. Nothing really stood out and it had so little to do with Gaiman's (Carey's) comics that it seems like a waste of license if it follows the cop show cliche as closely as the pilot suggests (instead of stuff like Lucifer creating his own universe).

edit 2:
Basically it was the Mentalist but instead of Jane's mind-reading it was Lucifer's "desire-reading".
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 05:15:21 AM by satael »
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 03:04:49 PM

"leaked"

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #11 on: August 11, 2015, 08:30:12 AM

edit 2:
Basically it was the Mentalist but instead of Jane's mind-reading it was Lucifer's "desire-reading".

That sounds incredibly boring.

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 08:19:56 PM

This started tonight if anyone was interested.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 08:47:43 PM

It has potential, but I'm going to wait to see if they fuck it up. The guy playing Lucifer is a likable dick and the angel playing his antagonist could easily go evil, a-la Christopher Walken in The Prophecy series.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 09:06:49 PM

Yeah it's one of those things where I'll give it a few episodes. 
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 03:20:04 AM

The cast is fine but yet another buddy cop procedural? Also looks like he starts losing his powers by the second episode so the show changes from lucifer to "yet another rogueish sidekick".

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 08, 2016, 07:10:23 PM

So this has been renewed for a season 2.  I am glad, this show scratches the same itch that Castle does.  Enjoyed it so far this season.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: April 08, 2016, 11:40:43 PM

So this has been renewed for a season 2.  I am glad, this show scratches the same itch that Castle does.  Enjoyed it so far this season.

I enjoyed this especially when I managed to forget that this was supposed to be based on the Lucifer from Neil Gaiman's Sandman (which really bothered me at the beginning). The comparison to to early seasons' Castle is pretty apt.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: May 18, 2016, 03:42:22 PM

So I have been through the first ten episodes and it looks like the cardinal rule of Schild being wrong about what can be considered good entertainment still holds up. I like it.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #19 on: June 05, 2016, 07:21:20 PM

I enjoyed the season. It's got some rough spots and I wasn't sure about the buddy cop procedural thing but the lead actor really brings the smarmy.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 01:35:58 AM

Wasn't sure if this is worth necroing the thread but FOX Cancels 'Lucifer' After 3 Seasons.
While I wasn't a big fan of season 3 I still hoped it would have had the chance to make a comeback especially considering the great story it could have drawn from (the comic it was loosely based on/inspired by).
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: May 08, 2019, 04:16:36 AM

Lucifer season 4 has just been released on Netflix. I know what I'm binging on today.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: May 10, 2019, 11:23:03 AM

The last two posts are an emotional rollercoaster.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 01:03:38 PM

I binged all of Season 4 on the 8th. It was fun and Lucifer benefits from only having 10 episodes. (I think most shows would to be honest. 26 is just too damn many episodes.)

I didn't see many changes from when it was on network TV. A few bare bums. One "shit" which I think might get censored on network TV. (not sure but I don't remember hearing it on network TV.)

The season as a whole was kind of weird.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: May 11, 2019, 09:13:51 AM

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #25 on: May 11, 2019, 10:46:39 PM

Several shits and two fucks.

And a couple of bare asses.

I liked it.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Lucifer  
Jump to: