Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Final Fantasy: Record Keeper 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy: Record Keeper  (Read 42887 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: March 29, 2015, 01:26:00 PM

Been keeping an eye on this one, and it finally released this past week. It's a F2P game that allows you to replay classic FF battles from every game in the series (MMOs excluded) using characters and gear from the entire series in the classic FFI-IX style. You start off with a handful of core characters (Black Mage, White Mage, your own toon, VII's Cloud) and dive into the annals of FF history, reliving monster fights to unlock new characters, gear, gil, and foozzles to make/upgrade gear and abilities.

As a F2P game, it does use an Energy system that limits how much time you can spend playing, but so far I haven't hit a wall. Plays as a nice time-killer/bathroom break occupier. Would recommend for old-time FF fans.

Edit: Grammarz
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:30:39 PM by luckton »

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 01:32:16 PM

Great bathroom game. I have not played it outside of the bathroom.

Load times are shit.
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 02:11:57 PM

Great bathroom game. I have not played it outside of the bathroom.

Load times are shit.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 06:59:31 PM

Whatever happened to just sitting on the toilet and enjoying a good shit?
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 07:32:46 PM

Whatever happened to just sitting on the toilet and enjoying a good shit?
He says like he was shitting before books existed.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2015, 10:21:32 AM

Just an FYI to anyone playing this you have until the 11th to get Tifa and Sephiroth.  I managed to get Tifa this morning but I think it's going to take quite a bit of playing to get strong enough to clear level 60 for Sephiroth in time.

Basically the same core system as every other DeNA game just with more FF nostalgia.  Which basically mean I'll play the hell out of it for a few months until they keep releasing stronger and stronger shit behind insane pay walls of random 'relics/packs/pacts' and finally give up.
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 10:24:31 AM

Got Tifa. Not even bothering for Sephiroth. No clue why this is the event they chose to lead with.

...I'm basically playing because the music is so pleasing.  awesome, for real
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 07:28:55 AM

I managed to get Sephiroth this morning.  Farming the mats for Dark attack seems to be the key for floor 70.  Once you get blind on Rufus the fight gets much easier. 

So far it seems like spamming daily quests on the armor day, weapon day and gil day is the most important thing in this game.  Especially the gil day because getting stuck with a full inventory and no gil really sucks.
Maven
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 08:20:49 AM

It's like Heroes Charge with a nasty nostalgia factor. I got teary hearing the FFVII battle music again.

The "legendary stories" seem like ridiculous romance stories now. I was particularly amused by the JRPG trope of the young, inexperienced protagonist with special gifts entrusted to save the world.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:47:29 AM by Maven »
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 06:56:18 PM

I want to play this more, but Schild's right; these load times are a turn-off :(

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 08:05:30 PM

So far it seems like spamming daily quests on the armor day, weapon day and gil day is the most important thing in this game.  Especially the gil day because getting stuck with a full inventory and no gil really sucks.

A million times this.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 08:02:55 AM

This new Mt Ordeals event for the two Cecils is MUCH easier than the Shinra event.   Plus this one is handing out accessories like candy, so easy way to get good accessories for everyone. 

Do you guys have older phones?  I don't have any noticeably bad load times or at least nothing I consider out of the norm for a phone game.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 03:20:51 PM

This new Mt Ordeals event for the two Cecils is MUCH easier than the Shinra event.   Plus this one is handing out accessories like candy, so easy way to get good accessories for everyone. 

Do you guys have older phones?  I don't have any noticeably bad load times or at least nothing I consider out of the norm for a phone game.

Haven't noticed any exceptionally long load times, but it's a mobile game so it's usually not getting my full attention most of the time. Plus it pretty much plays itself unless you're fighting something difficult.

Also the new event is easier than the Shinra event because Mt. Ordeals was apparently the first event in the JP version. Not sure why they were released out of order aside from it maybe being due to FFVII's popularity here.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 03:30:37 PM

Load times were really bad for me because our internet sucks bad at work.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 03:34:50 PM

It's less about any individual load time, but rather the combined fortitude of loading between every single fucking thing you're doing.

Also, item scrolling jesus christ.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #15 on: April 10, 2015, 10:54:02 AM

Oh god the scrolling. I'm happy if I can even get it to scroll. About 1/3 of the time it'll lock up the game.

Also has anybody been able to transfer a game from one iOS device to another? I've tried Game Center and one time code and neither of them work.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: April 10, 2015, 04:19:06 PM

Item scrolling is awful, and I've realized I just have to switch to 4G to play at work. Got Sephiroth, still working on Pally Cecil. I haven't touched the Elite missions yet; are those doable in the early 20s?

schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: April 10, 2015, 04:21:29 PM

Item scrolling is awful, and I've realized I just have to switch to 4G to play at work. Got Sephiroth, still working on Pally Cecil. I haven't touched the Elite missions yet; are those doable in the early 20s?

Handful of the elites are. I'm actually backwards on the game atm. Getting Paladin Cecil tonight. Nowhere near getting Sephiroth. I am not min-maxing a goddamn thing though. It's a toilet game.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 04:23:12 PM

Rydia with Thundara can handle the two hard bosses on the way to Sephiroth; hone it once so you have 4 charges and it's easy as long as she lives.

schild
Administrator

Reply #19 on: April 10, 2015, 04:25:50 PM

Child Rydia has always been a bit of a bitch.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #20 on: April 11, 2015, 10:45:43 AM

It's less about any individual load time, but rather the combined fortitude of loading between every single fucking thing you're doing.

Also, item scrolling jesus christ.
This is an HTML 5 game and the CPU and RAM on the device makes a big difference in performance. I managed to finally get my game transferred (turns out that message about the load failing was a lie) from a newer iPad to an older one and I immediately noticed a slow down in performance.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: April 11, 2015, 05:04:46 PM

Most of my load times are latency related; being in an area of poor WiFi signal strength really slows everything down. Why the hell does a single player cellphone game require constant connectivity anyway? (Obvious answer: MTX Ohhhhh, I see.)

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 10:03:42 PM

New event starts tomorrow for Aeris.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 10:12:37 PM

She's alive!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 03:33:42 PM

At least the next two events should be FF6 ones.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 06:10:15 PM

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 08:03:31 PM

Hmm one time through Easy/Normal was enough to get Aeris and the 3 Protect Vests.  Guess there's a bunch of time to farm up all the other stuff.

There's a really good weapon for Rydia (Light Rod) in the second Elite FFIV dungeon from the Octo boss.  Pretty easy to get if you have Thundara.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: April 16, 2015, 03:10:37 PM

Buying commodities with the event items is super tedious; no way to buy multiples, and after every purchase you have to scroll back down to the thing you're trying to buy 10 of.

Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: April 20, 2015, 07:39:09 AM

It really is terrible, especially if the thing you want is near the bottom.

I used 2 of the big xp eggs from the event on Aeris to get her to 25 and threw her in as my healer.   She is a MUCH better healer than Tyro, her ability doesn't seem that great though.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: April 21, 2015, 08:38:17 AM

I read a trick that using a 2 finger swipe to scroll on the items and commodities is faster.  Seems to be working for me, YMMV.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: April 22, 2015, 03:19:58 PM

A bunch of new content patched in today, including Cyan (VI), Knight (Core) and Summoner (Core). The core classes don't count for FFI either, so I guess there's no way to get a synergy bonus there.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 03:32:16 PM

Stat-wise, even with a synergy bonus the core classes still wouldn't really be worth using compared to other characters.
schild
Administrator

Reply #32 on: April 22, 2015, 04:53:10 PM

I use Cecil (Dark Knight), Rydia, White Mage, Kain, and that loser from FFXII (the lead character).

I never change my party.

I have crushed all the content except for some of the "elite" shit or whatever.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: April 22, 2015, 06:08:55 PM

How did you get Vaan? Or do you mean Tidus, the loser MC-san from FFX?

schild
Administrator

Reply #34 on: April 22, 2015, 06:32:55 PM

Tidus.

Sorry that whole game is a pile of shit.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Final Fantasy: Record Keeper  
Jump to: