Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:45:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: FFXI To Semi-Sundown 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FFXI To Semi-Sundown  (Read 3506 times)
luckton
Terracotta Army

on: March 19, 2015, 08:24:41 AM

Didn't feel like digging up the dead horse.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-03-19-ps2-and-xbox-360-versions-of-final-fantasy-11-come-to-an-end-march-2016

tl;dr: One more three-part scenario between now and March '16, console access gets shut down and PC access gets bug fixes and balances updates until people just stop playing.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 08:31:50 AM

That was a great, long run. Still, it's always sad to see a virtual universe disappear.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:28:10 AM

Wow... This actually makes me a bit sad since this was my first MMORPG. I always look back fondly even dismissing the ballshattering grind and forced groups to level and all that. Loved that world, the classes, the synergy between classes, the interdependency of weapon skills, and the elemental wheel. The game was deeper than anything I have played since - probably too much so, but still... Can't say i kept up with it, but like an old favorite actor I used to enjoy, still sad to see its passing.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:46:47 AM

I'm a fan of the series for sure, but the ballshattering grind and forced groups for leveling just broke it for me.

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 12:13:29 PM

Well, on top of this announcement, they're making a mobile game in the FFXI universe that probably won't see the light of day outside of Japan that is also mmo-esque, and they've farmed out Nexon to do a weird touch-friendly port of the original FFXI for phones as well.

Phones phones phones

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: FFXI To Semi-Sundown  
Jump to: