Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: What's changed in the past year? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's changed in the past year?  (Read 15766 times)
Phunked
Terracotta Army

on: March 09, 2015, 03:09:23 PM

I got RoS when it came out, played for a month. Got some paragon levels (~200) and some decent but not great gear. Then, facing an insurmountable wall of farming a RoG, I quit in disgust.

Can someone give me a quick update on what the new features (seasons, gems, etc) are that have come out in the interim?

Million thanks!
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 06:27:29 PM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/patch-notes/

S2 just started a few weeks ago. Biggest overall changes came in 2.1.0 with Greater Rifts and Legendary gems.

I find the Reddit threads fairly helpful, look on the right rail for guides: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3witchdoctors/

Builds by stats: http://www.diabloprogress.com/

As a general recommendation, I'd start a S2 toon from scratch. You'll pick it back up fast. I'm not sure where other community/guide sites are at, the official forums are shit and Reddit is... well, it's Reddit.
Phunked
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 07:03:14 PM

Thanks for the reply - I read over the summary of the notes and sort of have a heads up, but was looking for some of the more obscure changes, like the weapon socket thing (WTF how is this real?)

I also think I heard something about changes to how the bounty caches work - you get a guaranteed legendary at T1 or higher? Is this lies/wishful thinking?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:04:47 PM by Phunked »
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 09:32:58 PM

Bounty caches only have certain things, but anecdotally - on my season character between the wife and I we've probably got 13 or 15 RoRGs.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 12:10:17 AM

Thanks for the reply - I read over the summary of the notes and sort of have a heads up, but was looking for some of the more obscure changes, like the weapon socket thing (WTF how is this real?)

I also think I heard something about changes to how the bounty caches work - you get a guaranteed legendary at T1 or higher? Is this lies/wishful thinking?

It is either lies or wishful thinking, yes. I've done several Act I runs on T4 that dropped no legendary in the last couple weeks.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 07:48:04 AM

It is either lies or wishful thinking, yes. I've done several Act I runs on T4 that dropped no legendary in the last couple weeks.

T2 = 50% leg chance - T6 = 100% leg chance

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 11:48:48 AM

So i have about 5-6 RoRG on my mains, Season 2 ive done ~10 sets of act 1 bounties = no RoRG.

While in doing one of those runs my buddy randomly jumps into my game as I finish the last bounty and gets a ring. We immediatley do another act one bounty and he gets another. Next day he jumps into my game again and get another.

F him.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 07:02:32 AM

This arrived yesterday. What do I need to know?

I haven't played since they killed the AH. I have a max level barb. Should I even bother with him or roll a new toon? Do barbs compete now?

What season are we in? How much is left? Should I bother with ladders or just play my regular toons? What are the advantages to ladders anyway? Do you get anything?

What should I do first to get back in the flow assuming I start a character from scratch? I'm not hearing much love for crusaders.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 07:50:53 AM

If you haven't played the expansion at all I'd go through Act 5 once, some of the areas there are really great.  If you don't care about the story I guess it's optional.

We're on Season 3, it started April 10th and is supposed to last ~4 months.  Playing on seasons has a few fluff rewards like some character portraits, transmogs & banners, a few new legendary items, more achievements.  It doesn't hurt to start a season character, it will roll to the default league when the season ends.  The only thing you'll miss out on is your stash which if you haven't playing in that long is irrelevant anyways.

I'm playing a crusader this season and its fine.  Just play what you think is fun IMO.  The class you play really only matters if you are rounding out a regular group or are trying to push the limit on greater rifts (which I have never done).
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 12:14:23 PM

I'm mostly solo-duo so at this point I think I'm going to try something other than barb like a WD.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 02:40:50 PM

I'm mostly solo-duo so at this point I think I'm going to try something other than barb like a WD.
Hope you like spiders. And frogs. :)

I did Crusader my first season. Slow damage wise, but rather difficult to kill. I'm doing Barbarian now. My WD (original playthrough) and my Crusader are my only top-level characters.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: May 27, 2015, 02:44:46 PM

All the classes are viable right now, so play whatever is fun for your playstyle.  Witch Doctor's just got a nice upgrade in their pet build with this patch, so if you like pets there no better time to play WD.  

If you are planning to duo with someone, make sure you are both seasonal or both not seasonal.  That's probably obvious, but I mention it just in case.

I personally like the seasons.  Starting fresh is fun and there are a few perks here and there (mentioned by Druzil).  

One thing I'd mention now is that itemization matters a lot.  Sets really define your build a lot of the time, and legendaries often give bonuses to a particular skill or have some unique property that is more useful to some builds.  There is some amount of upgrading purely based on stats, but a lot of that is diminished.  

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #12 on: May 27, 2015, 06:29:14 PM

Sweet. I'm loading it up in a season then. Thanks!

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 11:57:20 PM

I seem to have peaked at GRift 22 on my monk with 3 pieces of the monkey king gear. On the flip side I had a seasonal hardcore crusader that was so tough I got overconfident and pushed into GRifts too early... just finished levelling a second HC one for the fun of it. I'm not too sure if I want a third seasonal character - leveling is fast but gets a bit boring.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #14 on: June 08, 2015, 07:38:35 AM

So my season guy has hit level 50 and I'm almost done with the story in Act 5. Next I assume I do adventure mode until I hit cap?

Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 07:42:52 AM

So my season guy has hit level 50 and I'm almost done with the story in Act 5. Next I assume I do adventure mode until I hit cap?
Catch me or someone else online and invite us into a t6 game of yours and let us bump you to 70 in 15ish minutes.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 07:52:32 AM

OK will do thanks!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 11:25:18 AM

I found some place called The Vault off a goblin.

Holy shit that's crazy amounts of gold and loot.

Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 11:29:36 AM

Yep, that's a thing.  I've never seen it sadly.  Heartbreak
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 01:16:35 PM

I started playing this again and Whimsydale happened.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 05:07:10 AM

Yep, that's a thing.  I've never seen it sadly.  Heartbreak

I didn't know what the hell it was at first, it just opened a portal. Then I just started whacking treasure piles at hundreds of thousands of gold a pop.

I made about 10M in gold from the instance, along with fighting a big boss creature named Greed. Then I got about 4 patterns, 5 legendaries, and more gems than seemed necessary.

Stewie
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 09:35:15 AM

The most important thing here is the gem of greed (i think that what its called) the boss will drop it for you if you don't already have it.

Once you have that you will never have money issues in the game, ever.

Professional Forum Lurker.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: What's changed in the past year?  
Jump to: