Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 07:14:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY ONE - Holy Shit this is happening - Play by 17th March 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season X - DAY ONE - Holy Shit this is happening - Play by 17th March  (Read 29261 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: March 06, 2015, 03:57:03 PM

GoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGoGo

Play by 17th March

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 04:05:48 PM

btw, 'f13 Season X' has been created in BB Manager, so as usual winner should upload replays there before the match will be validated.

ALSO, I've made Ingmar, Megrim, IainC, and Ruvaldt all into commissioners, so we have more people who can cover match validations or reversals or whatever.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 04:18:21 PM

ALSO, I've made Ingmar, Megrim, IainC, and Ruvaldt all into commissioner, so we have more people who can cover match validations or reversals or whatever.

rookie mistake

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 06:15:00 PM

Zetor! It's a long weekend here, so the next three days are our best chance at getting this done. State your preference. I come from the land downunder (Australia) so time zones will be fun.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 10:16:05 PM

Zetor! It's a long weekend here, so the next three days are our best chance at getting this done. State your preference. I come from the land downunder (Australia) so time zones will be fun.
Word. I'm CET (GMT+1), and my weekend is mostly open (except for Sunday mid-day/afternoon).

Looking at the timezones, it looks like my saturday/sunday morning is the best option? Something like 5-10am GMT. The xXtreme alternative would be 9pm gmt (your Sunday morning).

NB: This will be my second-ever blood bowl match... and as a bonus, I just got vaccinated against 6 different kinds of deadly diseases yesterday, so I'm sorta high/woozy as shit. OTOH, I'm playing dwarves, so neither of those things really matter.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 10:19:49 PM by Zetor »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 10:38:08 PM

I hate dwarves and I am awful against them.
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 11:38:15 PM

CmdrSlack! I'm Pacific Time (GMT-8), and I should be able to play Saturday at most times, Sunday morning, and weekday evenings after 6pm.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 01:44:18 AM

Word. I'm CET (GMT+1), and my weekend is mostly open (except for Sunday mid-day/afternoon).

Looking at the timezones, it looks like my saturday/sunday morning is the best option? Something like 5-10am GMT. The xXtreme alternative would be 9pm gmt (your Sunday morning).

NB: This will be my second-ever blood bowl match... and as a bonus, I just got vaccinated against 6 different kinds of deadly diseases yesterday, so I'm sorta high/woozy as shit. OTOH, I'm playing dwarves, so neither of those things really matter.  why so serious?
Heading to Africa soon then?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 01:46:00 AM

Heading to Africa soon then?
Yep, Ghana (mar 22 -> mar 28). This also means that I should probably play my second match before then...

e: anyway! Lamaros feel free to prod me today whenever you're ready (I'm Zetor on steam, in f13 group). I should be able to make myself available at any time until midnight GMT (edit: make that 11pm, considering match length etc), post-vaccination grogginess notwithstanding. Tomorrow is a bit iffy... the only real window is going to be 5am->9am GMT. If nothing else works, I can try to make a ~2-hour block free during my Sunday evening, but no guarantees. As a Plan C, we can play during my Monday morning (5-7am GMT) or evening (6-9pm GMT). I'll be out of country for almost the entire next week too, so we should definitely get it done before then...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:47:56 PM by Zetor »

Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 03:05:17 AM

Ulysees!

- I'm off to sell my old house this Saturday, so that's a bit finicky but perhaps possible in the evening; short notice though.
- Sunday could work?
- Monday through Thursday I have odd hours; I can work myself free during the day until about 4pm, but after that have fencing until 10ish.
- Hrm, actually Thursday is out as my son is getting his teeth pulled.
- Friday is pretty open.  Same with the following Sat and Sun.

I'm on PST btw.

When is best for you?
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 08:31:12 AM

CmdrSlack! I'm Pacific Time (GMT-8), and I should be able to play Saturday at most times, Sunday morning, and weekday evenings after 6pm.

I am on central. Sunday AM might work best. What time PST in the am?

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #11 on: March 07, 2015, 09:09:11 AM

Ingmar!

We haven't played in a long time.  Drilling and Manliness tournament was the last time?  I'm not sure.  Either way, here we are!  I'm two hours ahead of you so timing shouldn't be hard, and I'm free all Sunday.  Weekdays next week work as well as long as it's close to the evening.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #12 on: March 07, 2015, 09:32:23 AM

Megrim. If I remember correctly, you are doing time in some penal colony hellscape. I'm not currently employed so I can be awake at whatever inhumane hour you might be around at so let me know when you can play and I'll endeavour to be there too.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #13 on: March 07, 2015, 11:42:30 AM

Ingmar!

We haven't played in a long time.  Drilling and Manliness tournament was the last time?  I'm not sure.  Either way, here we are!  I'm two hours ahead of you so timing shouldn't be hard, and I'm free all Sunday.  Weekdays next week work as well as long as it's close to the evening.

I've got in-person gaming stuff all weekend, but I should be free Tues/Wed night if either of those work for you.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: March 07, 2015, 01:56:14 PM

9 am Pacific (11 am Central) on Sunday sound good?
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 04:13:07 PM

Ulysees!

- I'm off to sell my old house this Saturday, so that's a bit finicky but perhaps possible in the evening; short notice though.
- Sunday could work?
- Monday through Thursday I have odd hours; I can work myself free during the day until about 4pm, but after that have fencing until 10ish.
- Hrm, actually Thursday is out as my son is getting his teeth pulled.
- Friday is pretty open.  Same with the following Sat and Sun.

I'm on PST btw.

When is best for you?

I'm GMT so probably have to be played on Sunday - add me as a friend on Steam (same name, Ulysees) and if you confirm your steam name I'll do the same and we can see if times match up, I should be around most of Sunday until midnight so good chance of catching each other at some point as long as we friended in Steam.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 08, 2015, 12:55:57 AM

Steam invite sent.

Hrm.  GMT... right, time gets funky right about now as places shift to daylight savings on different days.  I think we change this Sunday... so I'll be at UTC -7?  Though I really can slip free during the day Monday-Wednesday, so evening GMT would work fine.

Regardless I'll look for you in the early afternoon (PST) Sunday, though I've a new ISP so there might be some port forwarding issues I need to work out.

PS If you see me playing anything other than Blood Bowl it's probably my wife or kids. ;-)
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #17 on: March 08, 2015, 07:52:20 AM

9 am Pacific (11 am Central) on Sunday sound good?

Yep that works.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 09:55:05 AM

I am CmdrSlack on Steam, by the way. I'm in the f13 group.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 11:34:34 AM

Good game to Balut! Given that we have 2 elf and 1 amazon team in our group, this may be my only win.

balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 11:37:26 AM

Punks Not Dead 2 - 0 Star Spawn. Game submitted.

My high points: Foul Appearance kicked in a good 3-4 times, against Wights and Mummies, no less. My Beast of Nurgle managed to do a good job of area denial for much of the game.

My low points: I had a -4 modifier with overlapping Disturbing Presence around the ball, and PND's ghoul swoops in and picks it up with a critical 6 on a reroll. I lost out on 3/4 of the kickoff events.

Good game, though, and it would've been much more competitive if it wasn't for those pesky ghouls!
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 11:40:07 AM

And you didn't have to feel bad about killing my meticulously named players.  awesome, for real

balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 08, 2015, 11:42:29 AM

And you didn't have to feel bad about killing my meticulously named players.  awesome, for real

True, I'd feel pretty bad if I killed Johnny Rotten, Sid Vicious, Henry Rollins, and the like.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 12:48:21 PM

My low points: I had a -4 modifier with overlapping Disturbing Presence around the ball, and PND's ghoul swoops in and picks it up with a critical 6 on a reroll. I lost out on 3/4 of the kickoff events.
Disturbing Presence works against Passes, Catches, and Interceptions -- but not Pickups.
balut
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 12:52:25 PM

Disturbing Presence works against Passes, Catches, and Interceptions -- but not Pickups.
Well damn, could've sworn it was against Pickups as well. Even so, he also managed a crucial handoff inside 2 or 3 overlapping Disturbing Presencess, as well, when I was pretty close to breaking through to his ballcarrier.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 04:30:05 PM

Easy detail to overlook, especially with such an uncommon skill!  I'm sort of dreading trying to play against you with Pro Elves, so I was checking it out carefully.

Had my fingers crossed you'd be in the other division, but alas! ;-)
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 05:45:22 PM

Skyjackers 3 - Fangs 0

Skyjackers had hot dice, leveraging some early injuries and KOs into a numbers advantage that allowed some unelfy bashing to lock the game out.  Lost one line elf to -AV, and I don't think the Fangs had any permanent injuries.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 05:55:04 PM

Willisterman, I'm Ramas on Blood Bowl, eldaec on steam.

Just set you a steam friend invite.

I'm on UK time this week, available most evenings - let me know what TZ you are in and we can work from there.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 09:20:57 PM

Best Frenzy Forever 1 - 1 Contract From Below

Khorne kicked to the Undead in the pouring rain and the first half pretty much went all for the Contract. They managed to outbash, outmanoeuvre and generally control the pitch with some very solid block dice. By contrast the Frenzy proved unable to do anything requiring D6 rolls and also couldn't seem to knock the undead over. At one point the Frenzy dropped the Ghoul with the ball and were mobbed up to try and defend it following a failed pickup but it got pushed out of bounds in the scrum and the crowd helpfully threw it back deep into the Khorne half close to a lurking Ghoul.Despite a last minute scramble to multiply mark the ghoul (after 6 block dice had failed to take him down), the Contract comfortably opened the scoring just before halftime. The Frenzy had a turn to do some damage in return before the whistle blew but managed to turnover on their first action instead.

The second half was a bit more even-sided. The rain continued as the Frenzy pushed a cage step by step into the Undead half and finally broke away to level the score on turn 14. The rain cleared for the final drive giving the Undead a good chance to sieze the win at the whistle. A slightly incautious dash for the endzone with limited support ended badly and the Frenzy managed to get the ball in the last Khorne turn. There was a Cultist in range of the Undead endzone and he easily grabbed the pass to him. Unfortunately, the first of two GfIs he needed to actually score and take the win proved to be too much for him and he hit the astrogranite. There was an outside chance for the Undead to make a pass and some dodges to score in their last turn but they forewent that in favour of fouling the Bloodthirster who had spent most of the second half failing Wild Animal rolls.

One Cultist levelled and gets block, no levesl for the Undead but one zombie has a -1Mv injury.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Jasper
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: March 08, 2015, 11:22:30 PM

Oh, right!  I'd forgotten about the automatic Cabal Vision report:

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 12:16:09 AM

Me and Lamaros tried to play, but the game ended abruptly during the middle of the first half due to a misbehaving router (couldn't reconnect in time either). We'll be replaying the match on the weekend (saturday morning or sunday morning GMT).

Timezones suck... everyone should move to CET, imo.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

EDIT: I should be arriving at my house by 10am GMT on sat if all goes well. NB: this is contingent on my Orsay-Paris taxi and the RER to the airport being on time. MMMW.  why so serious?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 01:57:24 PM by Zetor »

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 01:28:11 AM

Yeah it seems my router just decided that it wasn't going to do wireless anymore. Should have a new one by the weekend though.
mcknight
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: March 12, 2015, 02:23:17 PM

So "28 Teams Later" played "Beards, Beards, Beards" this evening, ending in a 1-0 win for the Undead and an unfortunate Fractured Leg for one of the Dwarves.

-edit- Got BBManager sorted.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:56:00 PM by mcknight »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #33 on: March 12, 2015, 02:27:36 PM

Looks like I missed you by about 30 min last night Ruvaldt. I have practice tonight and more gaming Friday/Saturday, plus setup Saturday evening and then a kendo tournament on Sunday. Is it possible that we could play either late Saturday (like 8 pm Pacific) or Sunday sometime 6 pm Pacific or later?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #34 on: March 12, 2015, 02:30:35 PM

Absolutely!  Sunday would probably work better for me, but either can be done.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season X - DAY ONE - Holy Shit this is happening - Play by 17th March  
Jump to: