Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:32:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Weekend Victory TF 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weekend Victory TF  (Read 6146 times)
eldaec
Terracotta Army

on: March 09, 2005, 05:10:03 AM

Since there are a few people playing again, does anyone fancy doing a taskforce this weekend?

During the post launch period we used to do them at 1700 GMT / 1200 EST / 0900 PST Saturday for maximum availability.

I currently have characters eligible for TFs including Positron, Sister Psyche, Calvin Thomas, Bastion, Moonfire, and Numina on Victory. And I'm hoping to have one able to unlock the super-seekret-inside-teh-volcano-giant-robot task force in Striga by Saturday.

Shout up if you're interested, times and level are negotiable, so if you post prefered times and character levels (on Victory), I'll pick a suitable start time and taskforce for as many as possible.

If people install it we could even try using teamspeak again.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 06:41:19 AM

All my chars on Victory are newbs. What's the lowest lvl task force again? 14 or so, right?
schmoo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 06:55:27 AM

I have a level 13 blaster on Victory.  If you wanted to do a TF on Justice, I have characters up to level 28 there...
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 07:15:43 AM

I have a level 13 blaster on Victory.  If you wanted to do a TF on Justice, I have characters up to level 28 there...

I have a level 12 defender and a level 16 or 17 grav/emp on Victory. No characters on Justice and only a few lower leveled ones on Freedom.   I just don't know if I can take part, anyway.  We're having a repair man in for some work Saturday and I've schelduled to do some spring cleaning that day afterwards.  I'll keep checking for the times, however, and if I can, I will.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 07:20:52 AM

I have a lvl 24 energy/energy blaster and a 16ish rad/rad defender on Victory.
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 07:30:39 AM

I'd like to, but in pratice I can't actually commit in advance to 3-4 (or more) uninterrupted hours even at a weekend :(

If I'm around, I'll keep an eye on batnet as I have a bunch of characters on victory between 16 and 38 so I can probably fit into most level ranges.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 08:14:11 AM

I've got my 26 Scrapper Whipcrack on Victory, who hasn't done a TF since the one in the teens. I also have a level 6 guy who isn't eligible for any of them.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 10:28:18 AM

I have a lv 28 fire/energy blaster and a lv 10ish dark/regen scrapper on Victory...oh and a lv 21ish earth/storm controller.

I can get the scrapper to 14 if 10 is too low for the positron TF...I totally forget it's been so long heh.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 04:52:00 AM

Ok, looks like we'll probably be doing Positron then (formally level 10-16, though 14+ is nice for travel powers, and 17+ can be examplared down).

1700 GMT / 1200 EST / 0900 PST Saturday unless I hear a clamour for some other time. We'll roll call on Batnet at about that time and work from there.

I'll probably play Yeoman, my tank.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 07:55:25 AM

Cool, I'll jump on The Moleculator (the 16 rad/rad defender) and practice up a bit and try not to level up. Haven't played him in a looong time, playing Cosmo is easy because he's just point and shoot. I haven't played Moleculator since the rad debuff "nerf"/fix, so I imagine he'll be a lot tougher to play...that debuff was insanely good, I guess I should have known it was /too/ good.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 11:43:22 AM

Is it possible to *casually* level a 6 to lvl 10 by Saturday? Say, if I started tonight?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 12:08:12 PM

Maybe, Stray.  If you get in a good group and do loads of missions.  Of course, it depends on how 'casual' you are.

I probably won't be able to do the TF.  After sleeping in on Saturday, I'll need a couple of pots of coffee before I'll be human enough to be useful.  Of course, lot's of bio breaks will ensue due to all that coffee.

I'll try, though!  smiley

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 12:13:28 PM

Of course, lot's of bio breaks will ensue due to all that coffee.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 01:28:14 PM

Is it possible to *casually* level a 6 to lvl 10 by Saturday? Say, if I started tonight?

Do some Hollows missions.  I zipped up to 10 there in a day or two.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005, 02:59:47 PM

Of course, lot's of bio breaks will ensue due to all that coffee.

You inspired me.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 09:00:42 AM

So is this still happenin? 

On now, not sure if anyone else is...heh.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 09:01:18 AM

Meeting at positron right now.

pm Yeoman or join batnet.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 04:14:01 PM

Thanks to those who showed for this.

It's a bit of shame that the most accessible TF (Positron) is also one of the longest and one with relatively few  points of interest along the way.

But still, good time had by all etc.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 05:49:29 PM

It was fun!  It was LONG!  I needed a nap after.

schmoo
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 06:20:30 PM

It was great fun, especially the part where Signe got lost. 
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 06:56:42 AM

I don't think I was lost at all.  I think you guys were running away from me!

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 07:44:51 AM

It was a ton of fun.  That TF seemed faster than all of the other times I've been through it, but maybe that had something to do with the group size. 

And I finally got a non-flying alt to lv 14.  Super jump = WOW!  I don't know how I can go back to a flyer now.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 08:24:25 AM

And I finally got a non-flying alt to lv 14.  Super jump = WOW!  I don't know how I can go back to a flyer now.

Yeah, best (most fun) travel power in the game, without a doubt.  It never really gets old.  That said, flight may be slower, but the utility of it can't be beat.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: March 21, 2005, 04:14:48 PM

Aw, man. I missed this last week, too. I guess I really was on vacation, so much shit slipped my mind last week. Gah.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 02:57:02 PM

Screenshots of Task Force Manhattan combating the Vahzilok/Clockwork/Circle menace...

Apologies for them being pretty crap - was too busy punching things.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Weekend Victory TF  
Jump to: