Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:34:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Childhood's End 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Childhood's End  (Read 1033 times)
schild
Administrator

on: December 14, 2014, 06:38:28 AM

So, Syfy, my least favorite channel on the fucking planet is apparently adapting one of the only sci-fi books I actually like.

http://tvline.com/2014/10/27/syfy-childrens-end-cast-charles-dance-karellen/

At least it seems like they're spending money. -_-

Also, yes, I'm aware this news is old.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:39:39 AM

There have been a few recent articles where Syfy essentially raises their hands and says, "Yep, we've been idiots.  We thought you couldn't do hard core straight scifi on TV.  After a few dozen shows with Scifi/fantasy elements have had success, we're starting to realize that it is only crappy underfunded Scifi that wasn't working."

That is a nice thing to hear, but it sounds a bit like your partner saying, "I know I shouldn't have cheated on you with the WWE and I promise not to do it again..."  I've enjoyed Continuum, I have a soft spot for Haven (I usually binge watch a bunch of episodes and then forget it for a year), and Helix would have been interesting if they'd trimmed the fat and brought it down to 4 episodes... but nothing they've had on the air since BSG has been good TV, much less great scifi.  I want them to give us an Orphan Black, an Arrow, a Walking Dead...

Here's hoping this is it... but not expecting that to happen.  There have been a lot of attempts to ring this to screen that have failed.

I still think they're idiots for turning down Marvel when Marvel was looking for a home for Daredevil, etc...

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Childhood's End  
Jump to: