Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Endless Legend: Journey with the Wild Walkers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endless Legend: Journey with the Wild Walkers  (Read 31212 times)
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 12, 2014, 10:05:17 AM

What generates influence points?

Also why do you hate science?  why so serious?

For that, let's have another look at the city of Trode.

Both the Founding District and the Expansion Districts are producing Influence. It's the purple number with a star icon.
You can also assign population to generate Influence, in your city screen.
You can also research techs that let you build city improvements, which will generate Influence.

You have to make choices with the Empire Plan. I am satisfied with my pace in Research. But, my expansionism means that I really need that +25 happiness.
YMMV on this one  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: December 13, 2014, 07:10:54 AM

Turn 122
Exploring the Isield region reveals the Ardent Mages in an adjacent region.

Turn 128
Winter has arrived. This time it has the added penalty of -30% attack on units! Just in time for me to siege the Necrophage capital  Ohhhhh, I see.

Turn 132
As my siege reduced the Necrophage capital to zero defense, they launched an attack on my sieging army. Which was backed up by my nearby reserve unit. Having healers around is a great idea against these Necrophage DoT units.

Turn 133
I walk into Jamoj, the Necrophage capital. I'm pretty sure this is their last stronghold.

Turn 134
Now the message pops up, telling me the Necrophage empire is gone. They brought it upon themselves, really.

Turn 137
I sent my second army into Isield; the natives were sieging my conquered city there.

I have to figure out what to do next. Wiping out the Necrophages has been my main focus up until this point. My cities are Content or better, so I've got some leeway for expansion. At the very least, I will send my armies out on exploratory missions; there are still some unowned regions in the vicinity.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: December 21, 2014, 02:00:05 PM

Turn 139
I've pacified (by force) the minotaur natives of Isielde. When I parleyed, they wanted me to attack one of the AI neighbors. Which I may end up doing anyway, but not just to pacify a minor faction.

Also, I have reached Era IV, by way of research.

In addition to the usual gaggle of city/region  improvements, the fourth research tier includes a couple of game changers.
- 3rd minor faction assimilation slot
- +2 army slots (army size 8)

Turn 140
I don't hate Science so much, and I can afford it, so I add the science bonus to my empire plan.

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 21, 2014, 02:00:24 PM

Turn 148
I've spend the past few turns using my armies as explorers, uncovering the frontiers of the unowned regions to the south. I will have to colonize one or perhaps all of them.
Click here to see the map of the southern frontier

Turn 160
Empire Plan time. I've accumulated enough Influence by now that I can afford to spike up and get +30% attack on my army units!

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 21, 2014, 02:01:15 PM

Turn 162
Trode has a level 2 city center, plus one additional level 2 district. This completes my faction quest, and unlocks the next step in the quest chain. I have to search a ruin, to seek after a figure of legend.

Turn 165
Ah cheese, Winter has returned, bringing even harsher movement penalties than before. This is getting nasty.

Turn 168
I adapt the Geldirus (Ice Wargs) as my 3rd assimilated faction. They provide +5% damage per village, and their unit is cavalry.

Hmm. I note that the Tier 1 military bonus from my Empire Plan, which is 20% off of unit cost, only applies to the normal resource cost, not to the strategic resources (adamantian and palladian, and etc.)

My army arrives at the ruin. Hah, the next step is to inspect another ruin in the same region (Zadde, my home region).

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Endless Legend: Journey with the Wild Walkers  
Jump to: