Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: CW is actually coming soon(tm) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CW is actually coming soon(tm)  (Read 7539 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: November 21, 2014, 04:42:41 PM

So with CW looking more and more like a real thing I thought I'd start a thread so that anyone who wants to try it can ask questions about how it sounds like it will work and so that I can post a quick rundown of what you will need to participate mech-wise.

How will CW work?

You join. You pick a faction. You pick a contract length from that faction. Where you can fight is based on which faction you pick. If you are in a unit or join a unit the unit's contract (selected by the unit leader) will override your personal selection and the game will treat you as if you have the (unit) contract.

You pick an eligible planet. You queue up. You get put into a team but not like solo queue where you spawn and that's when you first see your teammates. You get put into a "group" like you would in the group queue. The group is made up of other people who are queue'ing up at same time as you on same faction as you. Those people might be way above or way below your skill level. There is no elo in CW.

Those people will probably often also be groups from a unit on comms together. That's what CW is mainly about. You should definitely accept and expect that your opponents will be grouped together from some unit and on comms. Or at least their 12 will have 1 or more smaller groups.

THIS IS NOT SOLO QUEUE. THERE IS NO SOLO QUEUE IN CW.

So eventually you have a full group of 12 made by the CW queue system. Then you drop and play.

You don't play with just one mech. Before you can hit drop you had to select/build your "drop deck".

DROP DECKS:
-You pick 4 mechs. You must own them or you can use trials.
-The only limitations on which 4 mechs is that the total tonnage can't be over 240 or under 140.
-The other rule is if you are on a clan-contract all IS mechs are locked out in CW. If you are on an IS-contract all Clan mechs are locked out in CW. This is CW only. Nothing from CW affects normal queues.
-No Faction allows players to mix Clan and IS mechs on the same team.

So you drop and you play a new game mode. Where you get 3 respawns each. So its 48v48 total. Winning helps your faction losing hurts your faction.

That's CW.

Obviously that is copy pasta from the Gen Disc but it should work to start this thread.

I will be in house Marik and I would suggest that the "F13" unit take a contract from anyone but Steiner or Davion. Those factions will be much bigger than the other four and bigger faction means more chances to sit in queues waiting for opponents to be found.

Any questions and I'll be happy to answer them. I've probably followed all the CW announcements too closely.

This might as well also be the "post your drop deck" thread. Or questions about drop decks, builds, modules etc. for a more tryhard/serious mode of play.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:07:58 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 04:54:12 PM

How many active planets will there be? I mean are we going to be sitting around waiting forever for a matching opfor? And did I see something about there only being certain times of the day cw is open?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:43:48 PM

something is coming that vaguely resembles the idea of something that might be considered close to the bare minimum of what could someday be community warfare
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 08:58:02 AM

How many active planets will there be? I mean are we going to be sitting around waiting forever for a matching opfor? And did I see something about there only being certain times of the day cw is open?

We haven't gotten any information or hints on how many planets they are talking at a time. Especially not since they changed it from a "time window" CW to a "always on" 24/7 CW.

The one hint we did get way back when was 2 planets per IS faction which would indicate ~12 active at a time but it depends how they handle the Liao-Marik-Davion side of things really as you might want to include a 1v1v1 or a 2v1 (vs Davion) to manage to even things out.

So basically no clue yet because whatever they thought they were doing was based on a 8hrs a day CW or whatever it was and now it runs all day.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 10:41:38 AM

Strictly speaking if you give yourself to the Koreans of House Liao or the French of House Marik you should never have to face the clans at all by that map  why so serious?

Actually technically the Brits of House Davion should be immune as well, So that just leaves the Russians and the Japanese to fight the Nazi Clanners.  why so serious?

This bit of non PC posting has been brought to you by...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:47:56 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 12:19:47 PM

Did you intentionally get just about every country wrong there?

Liao is Chinese/Russian

Marik is American/Balkans/HRE

Davion is Brittish/French

Steiner is German

Kurita is Japanese

FRR is Space Vikings
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:24:29 PM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 04:46:48 PM

Someone should not get so but hurt about obviously humerous posts about fictional entities, yo.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: CW is actually coming soon(tm)  
Jump to: