Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: "It is better to have loved and to have lost than never to have loved at all" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "It is better to have loved and to have lost than never to have loved at all"  (Read 3118 times)
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

on: March 08, 2005, 09:55:50 AM

Quote from: Reuters
Man caught cold in quest for love

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) - A Los Angeles man who sneaked into Canada in February to see his Internet girlfriend will be deported -- minus all his fingers and some of his toes, the Winnipeg Sun newspaper has reported.

Charles Gonsoulin, 41, will have the fingers and toes amputated because of severe frostbite suffered during a 100-hour trek from Pembina, North Dakota, across the border to Emerson, Manitoba, where he was found wandering on a golf course on February 23, suffering from hypothermia.

"It is better to have loved and to have lost than never to have loved at all," the Sun quoted Gonsoulin as saying. "It was all worth it for me. It's the difference between sitting around dreaming about things and going out and getting them."

Gonsoulin and the Canadian woman met in an Internet chat room in 2002. The woman lives in Quebec, Gonsoulin's lawyer, Mike Cook, told a court hearing. Quebec is about 2,500 kilometres (1,600 miles) east of Manitoba.

Gonsoulin could not enter Canada legally because he was convicted of robbing a Pizza Hut in Arkansas in 1984, the newspaper said.

His girlfriend could not afford to travel to Los Angeles, he told the Sun. So he took a bus to North Dakota where he crossed the border.

"Mr. Gonsoulin didn't really know that there was any place on Earth that could be so cold and so inhospitable," Cook told a court hearing on Monday, adding his client had never felt temperatures colder than 10 degrees Celsius (50 F).

Temperatures dipped below -26 C (-15 F) during his long hike.

Gonsoulin is receiving medical treatment in a Winnipeg jail. He still has not met his girlfriend face-to-face but they have spoken on the phone and Gonsoulin said they are still in love.

No deportation date has yet been set.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 09:57:36 AM

Send her a plane ticket.

Dumbass.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 10:00:49 AM

Gonna be kind of hard to continue that relationship without fucking fingers. He can't even hunt and peck with his toes. I guess he could type with a pencil in his mouth and use his nubs for the naughty bits.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 10:14:32 AM

Gonna be kind of hard to continue that relationship without fucking fingers. He can't even hunt and peck with his toes. I guess he could type with a pencil in his mouth and use his nubs for the naughty bits.

Because that's what all women are looking for.

A guy with a whole lotta nubs.

EDIT: Clyde inspired me

WHOLE LOTTA NUBS!

« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 11:06:26 AM by Paelos »

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 11:01:40 AM

A guy with a whole lotta nubs.

Wookin' Pa Nub in all da Wong Paces...
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 11:34:11 AM

Gonsoulin could not enter Canada legally because he was convicted of robbing a Pizza Hut in Arkansas in 1984
That's pretty harsh, imo. 20 years later and the guy still can't get in? I guess maybe I better look up some info on Greenland, Canadia may be out of the exit plans...
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 12:50:51 PM

So if you have ever been convicted of a felony in the US you cannot ever go to Canada?  That seems a bit extreme.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 12:57:20 PM

I think you can apply for a waiver.

It works the other way too, I know someone who can't enter the U.S. without this little card he had to apply for because he sold pot 25 years ago.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: "It is better to have loved and to have lost than never to have loved at all"  
Jump to: