Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:05:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: The QUEUE 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The QUEUE  (Read 9470 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

on: November 06, 2014, 01:41:58 PM

So, before the recent addition of the "queue" feature, my wishlist consisted of 8-10 titles,sometimes even less.

Current wishlist count: 81

(not to mention the "early access" titles that I follow)

I definitely need to increas...ahem, cut some stuff before the Xmas sale  ACK!
----

Anyone else in here fell victim to the QUEUE?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 02:06:48 PM

My queue tends to send me shit that's already on my wishlist or that I've already considered and decided against.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 02:40:39 PM

Surprisingly, no.  My wishlist was already at something like 100+ titles (it's more a list to scroll down to see if anything I'm remotely interested in is on sale, rather than a "must buy next payday" list) so I'm probably an outlier, but I kind of dislike the queue.  

I don't know if it's because my library is so scattershot, or maybe because I already browse Steam almost every day to check the new releases to see if anything interesting pops up, but almost everything in my queue has been either stuff I've looked at recently or top selling recent releases.  In neither case is the queue showing me anything I don't know about. 

And I don't really get what the options mean.  Add to Wishlist, I get, that's obvious.  Follow, though?  What is that, does it give me, like, news about the game or whatever?  Is it for sales?  Patches?  Is that in e-mails or at the launch screen or what?  What's the difference between following a game and putting it on my wishlist?  And why is there a "Not Interested" option?  Obviously, if I don't put it on my wishlist I'm "not interested."  It doesn't stop it from showing up on my frontpage or whatever, what does it do?  What's the point?

So I dunno, it's not super useful for me so far.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 02:46:37 PM

I've always thrown random things into my wishlist. Be wary if you want to buy me a gift, I may not actually want it :p
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 02:54:10 PM

My wishlist for some reason was in Dutch.  Be wary, I'm not Dutch.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 03:11:19 PM

Steam really, really wants me to play those Agarest waifu games.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 06:37:35 PM

My wishlist for some reason was in Dutch.  Be wary, I'm not Dutch.

Beware the Dutch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ882QYzr-M
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 05:21:17 AM

Steam really, really wants me to play those Agarest waifu games.

They are pretty fun. If the combat just had 1-3 more layers of depth as it is it can get pretty tiresome.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 06:30:26 AM

The queue has not managed to convince me that there are any decent games available, for the most part.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 07:45:57 PM

I like the queue. My Steam spending has dropped dramatically since they changed the website and put all this janky shit on it.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 05:07:45 PM

My queue tends to send me shit that's already on my wishlist or that I've already considered and decided against.

Pretty much this.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: The QUEUE  
Jump to: