Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:02:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 9 Failoffs. Quarterfinals! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 9 Failoffs. Quarterfinals!  (Read 16383 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: November 01, 2014, 02:37:39 PM

Everyone except SirT is in so I have netered a dummy team to make the numbers up and pushed butan to start things off. Megrim is the lucky player who gets a bye to the semis, the rest of you should please play your games by Monday 10th November please.

Here are the fixtures.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 02:09:38 PM

Sent you a steam friend request, snuffleorc aka "Mr. haven't logged into steam in 11 days".  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 11:04:37 PM

Friend request accepted, proudft; As you can tell, I rarely use Steam.

I am free this evening (Monday - UK time) and the next 2 evenings but after that am away for nearly a week.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 03:59:28 PM

hi satael!  i can be pretty flexible this week, let me know what your calendar looks like.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 10:03:23 PM

hi satael!  i can be pretty flexible this week, let me know what your calendar looks like.

I'll do my best to be around  so we can get the game played since we have a bit of a timezone difference.
If I'm on steam then I'm available to play.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 07:29:08 AM

Well, Orcs played Chaos in a rematch and the Orcs got pummelled into the ground again. 2 minotaurs (str 5 and 6), 4 chaos warriors with block and guard versus a slightly smashed up Orc team. First half I got a sneaky TD with a throw to my Gobo, but with 2 injuries I wasn't expecting much from then on.

Nuffle continued to hate the Orc-Boyz, with key rolls failing on double 1s giving the Chaos team the equaliser.

Second half, he receives. 11 players v 9. Injuries abound and my team dwindle away until a mere 6 are left. But Nuffle has a change of heart, sudden double skulls are rerolloed to double skulls on the Chaos side and the ball ends up in the hands of a Black Orc, a few turns later and he hands it off to the Gobo who breaks down the field. A chaos Warrior gets to him and takes him down on the touch line. Turn 16, 1-1 and I think "fuck it", the gobo blitzs the warrior... off the pitch! Ball goes into the crowd, and I mange to get it back giving the Gobo and second TD and 2-1 on turn 18. Two more turns of getting beaten on and the score remains 2-1. My first win in season 9 and it was a stressful one!

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 11:39:15 AM

Beetles 2-1 over Surfers.   (I don't see the failoff league in the BBManager league list so I submitted it as normal season day 8.)

It was SWELTERING HEAT at kickoff, which given our vast TV difference could have really helped out the rats if I got some tomb guardians overheated but fortunately the weather instantly changed on the kickoff roll.  Unfortunately it changed to the khemri nemesis: rain.   This really slowed down the Beetles ball movement, as every time I was going to pick up the ball I had to surround it with half the team to up the odds of SOMEONE picking it up.  But we squeeked in a tie score at the end of the first half and by then the rat injuries were slowly but steadily mounting.

The winning score was on the last turn, so any little thing could have made it a tie and gone into overtime.  Not sure how THAT would have gone, probably not well.  The last die roll was not extra turns, which also could have ruined Khemri Day, but alas for the rats, it was not.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 11:50:28 AM

All validated to this point. Just the Drogg v Satael match to go.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 11:53:37 AM

tonight's iffy but i should be on steam tomorrow after 6 PM PST/GMT-8.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 01:43:31 PM

6pm pst is 4am (utc+2) for me if I did the conversion correctly so not really an option during the (working) week. I think it's best if we postpone trying to play until the weekend.  Ohhhhh, I see.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 04:58:06 PM

6pm pst is 4am (utc+2) for me if I did the conversion correctly so not really an option during the (working) week. I think it's best if we postpone trying to play until the weekend.  Ohhhhh, I see.
weekend it is!  maybe one of my midnights/your 10 ams? 
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

Was pleasantly surprised when I logged in that I had gotten the bye. C'mon people, chop chop.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 01:16:26 PM

wait followup - i forgot i have to fly to kentucky(UTC-5, i think?) for my sister's wedding early tomorrow AM.  i'll see if i can find a machine to play blood bowl on while i'm over there, but if not, i get back sunday evening around probably 8 PM PST and can take some time out of the office monday as an alternative. so maybe my 10 PM sunday / your 8 am monday?  or my 12 PM monday/your 10 PM tuesday?
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 09:57:54 PM

wait followup - i forgot i have to fly to kentucky(UTC-5, i think?) for my sister's wedding early tomorrow AM.  i'll see if i can find a machine to play blood bowl on while i'm over there, but if not, i get back sunday evening around probably 8 PM PST and can take some time out of the office monday as an alternative. so maybe my 10 PM sunday / your 8 am monday?  or my 12 PM monday/your 10 PM tuesday?

Unfortunately I can't do mornings during the week so the evening would work better (isn't your midday the same day's 10pm for me?)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 09:55:21 AM

Just saying that I only got my internet back just now.

Hic sunt dracones.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 10:11:01 AM

6pm pst is 4am (utc+2) for me if I did the conversion correctly so not really an option during the (working) week. I think it's best if we postpone trying to play until the weekend.  Ohhhhh, I see.
weekend it is!  maybe one of my midnights/your 10 ams?  
wait followup - i forgot i have to fly to kentucky(UTC-5, i think?) for my sister's wedding early tomorrow AM.  i'll see if i can find a machine to play blood bowl on while i'm over there, but if not, i get back sunday evening around probably 8 PM PST and can take some time out of the office monday as an alternative. so maybe my 10 PM sunday / your 8 am monday?  or my 12 PM monday/your 10 PM tuesday?

Unfortunately I can't do mornings during the week so the evening would work better (isn't your midday the same day's 10pm for me?)

I'll be on at (and until) 10pm my time (3 hours from posting this) in case you are around to play today. I can do a bit later than that too (for the start) if you message me before it.

If today doesn't work then we can probably play tomorrow if we schedule it now but the deadline for the game is looming...

edit:maybe tomorrow then
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:16:47 PM by satael »
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 06:30:35 PM

back and done with work for the next 40-ish hours. at your disposal, satael!
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 09:41:31 PM

I'll be on in about 6 hours and available for the next 12 hours after that so hopefully we'll get the game played then  awesome, for real

edit: on for the next 12 hours and on steam (will check it hourly)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:45:47 AM by satael »
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 11, 2014, 08:49:08 AM

I'll be on in about 6 hours and available for the next 12 hours after that so hopefully we'll get the game played then  awesome, for real

edit: on for the next 12 hours and on steam (will check it hourly)
on as we speak!
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 11, 2014, 11:06:02 AM

1-0 squeaker with the daddies over the tin-armored theorists! uploaded as day 10.

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 11, 2014, 11:07:42 AM

I managed to lose the again. Drogg complained about his armor being broke 2 times on the first turn (which resulted in just stuns) and then went on to bash 6 of my players out by the end of the first half of the game (losing none of his own in the process). Much to my surprise I only lost 2 players for good (1 dead and 1 mng) and the score ended as 1-0.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 11:09:37 AM

I managed to lose the again. Drogg complained about his armor being broke 2 times on the first turn (which resulted in just stuns) and then went on to bash 6 of my players out by the end of the first half of the game (losing none of his own in the process). Much to my surprise I only lost 2 players for good (1 dead and 1 mng) and the score ended as 1-0.
in my defense, despite satael being down more than half his team in the first half i still couldn't score until almost the very end of the game, and even then with some good luck.  the chaos wall of steel :(
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 11:12:32 AM

...those damn KOs
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 9 Failoffs. Quarterfinals!  
Jump to: