Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:30:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 9 Playoffs Quarterfinals! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 9 Playoffs Quarterfinals!  (Read 11975 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: October 31, 2014, 06:32:41 AM

Everyone is in and the Playoffs have begun! Here are the fixtures:

Please play these by Sunday 9th November and upload them to the Season 9 BBmanager league as day 8.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 03:30:52 PM

How are you looking this weekend Lamarosin terms of playtime? Better here if I get up early to play you than stay up late cos if the baby wakes up in the night I have to grab him.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 03:37:19 PM

I'm pretty free so just say the time that suits you and I should be able to do it.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 03:59:55 PM

Checked the who's who and GMT+10 is really quite awkward. 10pm Saturday GMT is 8am Sunday your time? Are you able to make that?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 04:07:42 PM by Ulysees »
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 06:29:55 PM

That's the one time that is actually awkward for me, not sure I can do Sunday evening my time. Blerg.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 06:46:52 PM

Ok try giving me 3 times you can play and we'll see if I can make one of them. This weekend is quite full except for the evenings but that is not great for you since it makes it an early start (and I know I don't particularly like early starts on my day off)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 06:51:29 PM

Ill likely be ok to play at 8am my time Sunday, so your sat night around 10pm? Might be daylight saving difference of 11 hours now, or 9, so ill have to check that.

Otherwise late my time tonight and early your sat?

Everything else is probably in the middle of the night for one of us I think.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 07:43:34 AM

OK will be online for 10pm UK time - we just switched back to GMT so should be a straight +10 difference which makes it 8am for you by my reckoning.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 05:49:13 PM

Never has nuffle nuffled so nufflingly.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:50:50 PM by lamaros »
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 07:00:02 PM

Telekuuuuuuuuuuuuu....
Teleku..........................
Telekuuuuuuu...............

I live cement
I hate this street
Give dirt to me
I bite lament
This human form
Where I was born
I now repent

Telekuuuuuu.................
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 11:16:36 AM

Well, I'm GMT +1, so got a few hours left for the evening I'm open.  Just ping me on steam (I sent a friends invite).  Otherwise may be tricky to get any games in till next weekend.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 12:26:01 PM

In a surprise upset the Rats score a very Pyrrhic 4-3 victory over the Presidents.

I was helped enormously by the fact that the first three kick-off events were all blitzes to me. So the first three turns of the game went Kick to Ruvaldt - get a short kick and a blitz - get rat under ball and cage up - make dodges to score in my next turn. I was 3-0 up by turn 3 although I had already lost my Rat Ogre and my Apoth on the first turn. By the end of the half, it was 3-1 and I had 7 players standing. By the end of the second half I had scored again, the Presidents had managed two more and my injury bin looked like this.

I have 5 MNGs and a dead Thrower, one level up on a GR and a massive hole in my team for the next round.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 02:35:59 PM

Thumbs up!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 02:40:25 PM

Eldaec -

We need to somehow squeeze our game in before Friday as I am driving down to see my new nephew next weekend. I miiiiight be able to rearrange work if it's necessary. I don't know how your availability looks early in the morning your time, but I also could stay up late if needed. Monday and Thursday nights are kendo practice so it would have to be after 10 pm my time on those days (Pacific Standard.)

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 03:38:28 PM

I was helped enormously by the fact that the first three kick-off events were all blitzes to me.

It was pretty brutal.  One blitz?  I can definitely deal with it.  Two?  I think I still would've won in overtime considering how many injuries I managed to score.  But the third one killed me.  There just wasn't any way for me to score fast enough barring a riot.

It was an entertaining game, but I hope I never play another one like it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 03:41:36 PM

Yeah, it can be extremely frustrating when kick off events streak against you that badly (have had it happen once or twice).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 06:47:09 AM

Gutted 1 - Lovers, Fighters 2

In my game against the Ex-Presidents I was so scared of the claw beastmen that I focused on trying to take them out over trying to play a game of bloodbowl, with frankly abysmal results and a sound 3 - 0 thrashing and at the end of the match Rivaldt had not scored any injuries so it was a really bad strategy and one I decided not to repeat against Lamaros, which proved to not be a good idea here as with the first 3 blocks of the match I lost a Chaos Warrior and my Minotaur, who was the lynchpin fro my bash strategy and through out the match I continued to lose models with depressing regularity whilst Lamaros's armour mostly held itself together.

First half Lamaros wins the toss and elect to receive and as mentioned above takes out 2 of my LoS with his first round of blocks. However I manage to tie up the ball carrier throughout the half and but for the fickleness of nuffle I could have stolen a score in the last turn of the match but failed a last square GFI. Lamaros did well because he made me burn re-rolls early but this was one of those games where pretty much every turn had a last ditch element to it so the game got very interesting after the re-rolls ran out for me.

Second half it was 10 v 7 but I run 2 guys deep and make a passing play to try and open the scoring. It comes up with a scatter launch and despite Lamaros clearing my models around the ball he maks a mistake and leaves a grounded beastman close enough to blitz away the ball marker and use GFI's to open the scoring, which I duly do on turn 13. This half has not been so unkind on the model removals, I have only lost 1 other guy until this point and put 3 of Lamaros's in the KO bin so a lot depends on whether they wake up as to whether I can hold this together. Nuffle be praised they all stay in the bin meaning that I am facing a 7 v 6 for 3 turns to defend the 1 - 0 victory. Should be manageable as long as I don't take any more casualties and nuffle seems to be done with screwing me over now so I kick off the third drive in high hopes, only to have them dashed on the first round of blocks by Lamaros as he again takes 2 models off the board and suddenly things look very dire.

However there is one more chance of getting out of jail as Lamaros couldn't form a proper cage and as long as I can make one dodge, with no re-rolls, then I can blitz the ball carrier which might give me the extra time I need to stop an inevitable score. Needless to say not only do I not make the dodge the dumb beastman gets KO'd for his temerity too! Lamaros equalises and extra time kicks off 3 v 8 or something ridiculous like that so after my first round of blocks I elect to do the honourable thing and stay on the ground and let Lamaros put me out of my misery.

Fuck bloodbowl.

Well played Lamaros, he did to me exactly what I was hoping to do him so can't exactly complain when the injury dice light up like that and I almost managed to pull off a massive underdog win so happy with my effort too. Good luck for the rest of the playoffs and given the carnage Ruvaldt did to IainC's team you have a good shot at making the final now in my opinion.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 04:24:22 PM

Eldaec -

We need to somehow squeeze our game in before Friday as I am driving down to see my new nephew next weekend. I miiiiight be able to rearrange work if it's necessary. I don't know how your availability looks early in the morning your time, but I also could stay up late if needed. Monday and Thursday nights are kendo practice so it would have to be after 10 pm my time on those days (Pacific Standard.)

This could be difficult, this week I'm travelling most mornings, so may need to think about an early UK time / late Pacific slot next Monday / Tuesday if our glorious Lord high commissioner will permit it.

Will post tomorrow to confirm as my schedule should be more certain.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 04:25:28 PM

I should be able to do that, if it comes to it.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 11:04:36 AM

Ping?

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 04:19:15 PM

Sorry, I don't think I can do anything before Friday evening my time. Can alarm clock it on Monday morning my time if your whole weekend is out?

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: November 06, 2014, 04:24:10 PM

Yeah unfortunately I will be at my sister's with no opportunity to play. I should be back Sunday evening my time. I also can't do your Friday night due to a board meeting I have to babysit.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #22 on: November 06, 2014, 04:31:05 PM

Playing Monday will be fine if that's a thing which will happen.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 05:05:27 PM

If not i think we should just give the win to Ingmar.  awesome, for real
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 05:26:21 PM

If not i think we should just give the win to Ingmar.  awesome, for real

I believe in fairness and being even-handed. They should both lose.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: November 06, 2014, 05:51:30 PM

As long as Ulysses (and his badly injured side) and not Ruvaldt becomes in the fill in I'm ok with that.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 01:27:33 PM

After an aborted start where both our clients crashed, we restarted and the Hippies kicked.  I turtled up and hoped to take out some elves in the first half, but Teleku didn't want to engage much so I just punch at a tree instead.  I half-heartedly sent a rotter down field around turn 6, but nothing ever came of that and I ended the half on my own side of the pitch, with the elves down to 8 after a couple of injuries and a KO.

Teleku got the kick in the second half.  The elves had some trouble picking up the ball for some reason, and more of them went off to the sideline.  After he sent some receivers deep on both sides, I covered my half with DP and sent a couple of dudes to hunt down the ball.  The elves picked it up in the corner with a twinkle in their eye and elf bullshit on their mind.  Nurgle isn't exactly fast, so when I say they were hunting down the ball, I mean my dudes were slowly making their way towards it.  Sensing shenanigans, I used my wizard on the guy with the ball and injured him.  Teleku was able to pick up the ball with a thrower and shucked and jived enough to get a pass off to the dancer that I had double covered, but my rotter picked it off.  It was a strange part of the whole equation to fail, but that's what happened.  The rotter ran to his friends in the middle of the pitch.  Damn War Dancer stripped the ball a couple of times as I continued to whittle away at the elves, and finally I was able to break out with three turns left.  The elves finished with no players on the pitch, poor Gwythaeth killed by a well placed boot from a rotter.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 10:35:45 AM

Hopefully we are on in 1 2 - 14 hours or so. I should be back in time.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 10:46:46 AM

Sure, can plan to be online at 7 my time / 11 your time.

Can be flexible if you need it to be earlier/later.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 10:51:13 AM

I expect to be home no later than 8 or so, so if you want to go earlier for some reason that's fine, but 11 works for me.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 01:46:16 AM

Well, I did better than last time against those rats with my Necromantic team, but...

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 10, 2014, 01:48:29 AM

Ermine Vermin | 6 - 5 | The Banned

The Vermin have their revenge on Ingmar, but a Pyrrhic victory if ever there was one - I'll have to wait till till this gets validated to be sure how much damage was done.

Teams
Ermine VerminThe Banned
Race : SkavenNecromantic
TV : 19501750
Treasury : 350000650000
Rerolls : 34
Apothecary : 10
Fan Factor : 138
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Ermine VerminThe Banned
Score : 65
Touchdowns inflicted : 65
Touchdowns sustained : 56
Passes : 10
Catches : 12
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 612
KOs inflicted : 13
Injuries inflicted : 05
Deaths inflicted : 01
Tackles inflicted : 06
Yards gained passing : 240
Yards gained running : 162194
Ball Possession (%) : 474
Own occupation: 6336
Opponent occupation : 3663
Note of the match: 20/20
Spectators: 35000

Will look up more stats later - but need to go to work.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 01:50:22 AM by eldaec »

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 10, 2014, 01:49:56 AM

Hah, 4% possession, 6 TDs.

Goddamn rats.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 10, 2014, 01:50:37 AM

Never ended a turn with the ball.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 10, 2014, 02:01:39 AM

I forgot to mention, fuck Cyanide. Though I'm pretty sure it didn't affect the outcome,we had a disappearing wight, a ghoul that couldn't swap in, and a 12 person side during this game. Worst interface crap I've seen in quite a few seasons.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 9 Playoffs Quarterfinals!  
Jump to: