Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:10:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Italy. For a Week. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italy. For a Week.  (Read 10285 times)
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 10:34:00 AM

Shame on us for the pictures, really. There was just too much talking and eating to be had. I was drunk with food and videogame talk that I've completely forgotten about you all. Sorry.

And yes Teleku, that place is very close to Roma and one of the best kept secrets around. Come back anytime, I'll drive you there too. And anyone else who doesn't mind hanging out with a bloody SJW.

And bruschette are without a doubt the easiest, healthiest and most divine food in existence.

Regarding the "divine" part (and only that, I fear :P), Tigelle and Gnocco Fritto are not bad either  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

http://www.mangiandobene.com/2010/06/tigelle.html
http://www.italyum.com/specials/193-fried-dough-parcels-gnocco-fritto.html#.VJBt2iuG98E

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 07:55:02 PM

That reminds me... this Sunday is pizzelle day!  Every year my sister and I set aside a day for my cousins, nephews and their family/girlfriend/whatever, my bi polar friend Christine and anyone else who wants to come and we make about 6 -8 batches of pizzelles, depending on how early everyone comes.  The region of Italy where my mom was born would do the same thing.  All the women and girls in the neighborhood would get together with their irons and the whole town would smell like cookies.  Now, they come here.  It's fun until some of them get drunk.  Believe me, no one should get drunk on anisette.  You will gain a ton of blubber and wake up in the morning crying.  Srsly.  Don't do it.

Starting tomorrow I start baking the rest of the stuff.  I make a bunch.  I do it because that's what I give my friends and family for xmas.  I feel lazy if I just give them junk I bought from a shop.

Even though I didn't get pics, I'm really thrilled that some of my favourite people on f13 had a blast together.  I'm pretty sure I'm leaving a letter to my sister to be opened on the event of my death inviting you all to my funeral.  Don't bring anisette. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 05:44:39 AM

I had to look up what pizzelles were, and why they required irons. Apparently it's a waffle cookie. TIL.

I don't know why the liqueur is involved.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 06:15:57 AM

Italians only cook in the presence of alcohol?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 06:49:13 AM

I would say no. But anyway, keep in mind that Italy has been around for thousands of years but it hasn't been a unified country until 150 years ago (the USA are older than ItalyŽ, as a sanctioned country). When it comes to traditions, it only takes you to travel 40 miles in any direction to leave a certain culture and step into another one with a completely different lore, dialect, habits and customs.

So while now Italians are just a globalized messy blob of shallow stupidity and sneaky roguery, when it comes to things of the past it doesn't make much sense to say "Italian", you gotta mention instead the specific cultural area or region. Signe tradition is "abruzzese" if I am not mistaken, and it's a big deal :)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 06:50:56 AM by Falconeer »

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 08:55:38 AM

I would say no. But anyway, keep in mind that Italy has been around for thousands of years but it hasn't been a unified country until 150 years ago (the USA are older than ItalyŽ, as a sanctioned country).
Fun Fact:  The USA is actually one of the oldest countries in the world (with a few random countries/princiaplities up for debate based on interpretation).

As to missing out on the other place:

I am planning on doing a glutony tour of Northern Italy someday.  Roaming around and just eating what ever awesome thing each region makes.  Maybe I'll use one of my R&R's out of Freetown for that.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 09:21:19 AM

So while now Italians are just a globalized messy blob of shallow stupidity and sneaky roguery, when it comes to things of the past it doesn't make much sense to say "Italian", you gotta mention instead the specific cultural area or region. Signe tradition is "abruzzese" if I am not mistaken, and it's a big deal :)

Yes, Teramo.  She was lucky.  She got to have a holiday by the sea and a holiday in the mountains every year.  Because, you know, Mussolini.  :)  What a nice man!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Italy. For a Week.  
Jump to: