Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:31:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Turbine Layoffs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Turbine Layoffs  (Read 7497 times)
schild
Administrator

on: October 23, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

Not going to link fucking Joystiq, but here's their investigative journalism in action:
Turbine appears to be going through another round of layoffs that are possibly affecting the Lord of the Rings Online team, according to Twitter messages.

Former Community Manager Rick Heaton seemed to confirm this in a tweet sent earlier today: "Thinking of my friends at #Turbine and #LOTRO and elsewhere today. I'm easy to find if you need me."

Massively has reached out to the studio for an official comment.

[Update: Warner Bros. has confirmed unspecified layoffs by issuing the following statement to Massively: "As part of our normal business process, we're routinely looking at the strategic alignment of our company. Unfortunately, in order for us to invest in growth areas at Turbine, we have to eliminate some positions. These are always tough decisions, which we don't approach lightly, but it's crucial that Turbine is structured in a way that reflects the current and coming marketplace."]

Who didn't expect Turbine to have eventual layoffs? Raise your hand if this is a surprise. No one? Ok, moving on.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

Before this post I think I almost forgot Lords of the Rings Online existed, and I played it for like a year.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 06:40:38 PM

I had to check what subforum it was posted in to even remember what Turbine made besides AC. Never played LotRO though.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Turbine Layoffs  
Jump to: