Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 12:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Inner Sphere Resistance Pack 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Inner Sphere Resistance Pack  (Read 10588 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: October 21, 2014, 02:01:36 AM

Coming next month.

Panther, Enforcer, Grasshopper, Zeus.

Getting the 80$ pack also grants you the free King Crab on December 16th.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/175273-new-inner-sphere-resistance-pack/page__p__3834935#entry3834935

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:49:47 AM

What's a faction pack?

Also if I spend 20 bucks do I get to choose the mech or do I only get the panther ?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 07:55:35 AM

If past is pattern, you'll get the panther.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:41:29 AM

A Faction Pack is a faction paintjob+pattern+decals that you can get put on your prime variant. If you get more than one faction pack, I can only assume we'll be able to switch them as we can now for patterns and paintjob.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:04:53 AM

I strongly recommend you do not buy these. There is a high chance they are all mediocre.

Chance to not be shit:
Enforcer > Grasshopper > Panther > Zues

The one advantage of this pack is you can get all those other rewards (King Crab and I think probably? Cent and Atlas) with a "low" $80 pricetag.

The Enforcer is a B/M medium, think Centurions with JJ's but no Missiles or Zombie ability.
Best Case: Its closer to Hunch/BJ sized and gets good Ballistic quirks to good Ballistic weapons. It plays like a smaller, better hitboxed version of the olden day Dragons with FLD arm mounted loadouts. It will be totally up to PGI if they want it to be good because they are making up a variant from scratch (first time ever).  8/10.
Worst Case: Its Vindicator sized. The quirks are for AC10. Its one of the worst mediums in the game. 1/10.

The Grasshopper is a E heavy often with a tiny head M launcher (yay?) it has JJ's. It can energy zombie quite well.
Best Case: This is like a barely wider Shawk with high mounted side and center torso lasers. Its a super effective energy zombie and ridge humper. Even the head missiles are barely viable like this. Jump Jets are pretty good again. 8/10.
Worst Case: That chest is wide. The Lasers are mounted where they are on the art, which means they are groin level trash. Jump Jets suck unless you have tons of them. It runs too hot and is too big. It is just a big dumb zombie. 4/10.

The Panther is an iconic PPC based light that almost doesn't make sense on the TT let alone in MWO. E / M.
Best Case: Its got good hitboxes and good void shields like the Spider and Firestarter. The face looks really cool. One variant gets tier 5 PPC quirks at launch and PGI gives it massive engine size creep (it should max at 200) and massive hardpoint creep. Its basically a Firestarter. Firestarters are good. 7/10.
Worst Case: Its speed capped barely past 100kph. It doesn't break hitreg. Every variant gets PPC or ERPPC quirks. PPC lights are pretty trash. 3/10.

The Zues is an old school E boat with M hand on some variants.
Best Case: They finally figure out a way to make arms not hang low at 90 degree angles. The Zues ushers in a new era of arm mounted hardpoints being less shit. Its not as fat as the Awesome/Thunderbolt/Victor mechs but looks cool. Its arms are big and make good shields when you twist. Its still a 80-ton energy mech with no jets. 6/10.
Worst Case: Everything that could go wrong does in terms of hardpoint location and hitboxes. Its big and wide and has to go fully visable to shoot things. Missile hands are stupid. Its chest hardpoints are way down low like in art. 3/10.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:11:27 AM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:33:40 AM

Here's an easier summary:  They're not Clan 'mechs.  Why are you considering spending any real money on this?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 12:31:19 PM

Because I don't like the Clans. And I love to play underdogs (read: gimped stuff).

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 01:01:39 PM

I do, too--my mechbay would make a power gamer weep.  I'm still not going to spend money for the privilege of using underpowered 'mechs.

I love the Panther, but in this environment it'll be only slightly more useful than an Urbie.  The Zeus is a classic much like the Orion, but is that way for its looks and not any inherent capability.  The Grasshopper was known for having jump jets in an era that 'mechs that big didn't have them.  The Enforcer is... I dunno, a Davion or Liao 'mech or something.  I never used one.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 01:52:25 PM

Yeah I ain't spending 20 bucks on a panther.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 03:54:09 PM

This is certainly a pay-to-be-an-underdog situation, if that's your thing.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 10:17:40 AM

I just read this. I liked the Panther on TT. But I have to say 3 things. No, Fuck no, and you conned me once with the Phoenix mechs so no. I;d rather spoend my money on 3 Kitfoxes to have a clan Ecm light if I want one.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: Inner Sphere Resistance Pack  
Jump to: