Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:38:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: F13 Season 9 Day 7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13 Season 9 Day 7  (Read 12479 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: October 13, 2014, 12:09:19 PM

It's the final day of the main season, the last chance to book a place for the playoffs. Here are the results from day 6.

And the fixtures for day 7.

Please play these by Wednesday 22nd October.

So, after 6 match days, here are the tables going into day 7.

In Division 1, Ramas Ruvaldt and Ulysees are guaranteed a spot and in the same order. If Ruvaldt wins his game and Ramas loses, Ramas would win the tiebreak on the head-to-head result. The fourth spot however is very much in play. If Drogg wins he's through. If he and Teleku both win or draw then Drogg will take the fourth place (again on head-to-head), Teleku needs to score more points than Drogg to go through. If both those players lose then there's a four way tie as Satael and Snuffleorc win their games. Satael is likely to get a default win as SirT has said he probably can't play and Snuffleorc would need to beat Teleku to make the tie happen. In the case of a three or more way tie, we count the points scored by each player against all the other players in the tie. In that hypothetical four way tie then, amazingly, Snuffleorc would take fourth spot with 6 points (wins vs Drogg and Teleku).

In Division 2, Avaia has a safe spot at the top of the table. Megrim and Lamaros play with the winner guaranteed a spot. A draw makes it possible for there to be a three way tie with me where Lamaros and Megrim would take third and fourth in that order. If Ingmar loses however then all three of us would go through at his expense. If Ingmar draws against Avaia then that could be a four way tie for three places which would see Ingmar, Lamaros and Megrim go through in that order. Another possibility is that Proudft beats me, and ends up in a tie vs either Ingmar and/or the loser of the Megrim v Lamaros match. He would beat Lamaros in a tie on head to head but to beat either Ingmar or Megrim in a tie, he'd need them to lose hard as he's at a TD difference of -1 vs Ingmar's +4 and Megrim's +3. In a three way tie between Ingmar, Proudft and Lamaros for the last two places, Ingmar and Proudft would go through. If it was between Ingmar, Proudft and Megrim instead then Megrim and Ingmar would take the last playoff spots. I go through if I win and Avaia beats Ingmar or the Megrim v Lamaros game isn't a draw.

Everything to play for then in both divisions, only three players in total who don't still have a shot at the playoffs!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:30:51 PM by IainC »

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 12:17:58 PM

We meet again, Drogg.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

What time is good for you?

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 12:46:14 PM

So, uh, I'm traveling again currently (croatia/Montenegro/Bosnia) and won't be back home till Tuesday the 21st.  So, guess we should try for then or Wednesday (deadline date).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 02:18:01 PM

Hello friend Megrim. I am in no way suggesting we play for a drawn. But let us play this week?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 03:14:26 PM

Hello friend Megrim. I am in no way suggesting we play for a drawn. But let us play this week?

=D

I will be away from about Thursday through to Sunday day, so if you want to get the game in Wednesday night, that'd be good. Otherwise, Sunday day/afternoon or Monday night works for me.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 07:34:26 PM

Ulysees, I'll be back from holiday from Monday 20th. Will be on UK time.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 06:03:25 AM

Should be fine for me - see you on the 20th around 8pm UK time.
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 06:11:31 AM

So, uh, I'm traveling again currently (croatia/Montenegro/Bosnia) and won't be back home till Tuesday the 21st.  So, guess we should try for then or Wednesday (deadline date).

Teleku - Tuesday 21st is cool. What time suits you and what time zone are you in? I am in UK (GMT).
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 10:06:22 AM

So if proudft wins or ties, I'm good, unless I get beat really bad.

HE MUST SCORE TOUCHDOWNS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 12:57:11 PM

HE MUST SCORE TOUCHDOWNS

If you win or draw you are through. Even if you lose, the only way you miss out is if the Megrim v Lamaros game is a draw and either I beat Proudft or Proudft beats me and the difference between your loss to Avaia and Proudft's victory over me is enough to overcome a 5TD difference. If there's a winner in the Megrim v Lamaros game then you are through anyway.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 01:45:58 PM

Teleku - Tuesday 21st is cool. What time suits you and what time zone are you in? I am in UK (GMT).
GMT + 1 (Poland).  I haven't worked out what flight I'll take back yet, but probably should be good to go for the evening.  Unless I pass out immediately after traveling non stop for two weeks straight.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 02:23:09 PM

Tonight could work Megrim, say around 9?
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: October 14, 2014, 04:31:39 PM

We meet again, Drogg.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

What time is good for you?
uhoh  ACK!

we share a continent, so i can more or less be at your disposal - any time after 6 PST during the week, flexible saturday or sunday.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: October 14, 2014, 04:59:34 PM

Sounds good, I'll try to be on roughly around then. You still on Melb time?

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 14, 2014, 05:29:06 PM

Sounds good, I'll try to be on roughly around then. You still on Melb time?

Yep, still Melb time. Will be interesting to see if playing on a real computer and a laptop will help me play any better! Probably unlikely...
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: October 15, 2014, 02:20:44 AM

Won't be home in time for 9pm. Should be back by 10pm. soz

satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: October 15, 2014, 02:25:26 AM

Satael is likely to get a default win as SirT has said he probably can't play

I'll consider that the default state of things for this day and that SirT will do the informing should he unexpectedly be available.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 15, 2014, 06:00:09 AM

Downunderbowl 2014 closed the regular season, with Chaos as far as the eye could see.

I got incredibly lucky in this game. I started very very poorly and was getting punished as I deserved, before Megrim just started failing rolls left and right, and my +STR +AGI guy dodged with a bit of support and scored in the end of the first half. I went from being stuffed and down a few players, to being up 1-0 and taking out a few of Megrim's player in one turn. The second started a very undeserved 10 v 10 with me in the lead, and then the Chaos machine got rolling, clearing out the other side in a series of devastating blocks owing more to luck than skill. There was little Megrim could do in response, and I ran down the win in the final turn.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 15, 2014, 11:43:34 AM

HE MUST SCORE TOUCHDOWNS

If you win or draw you are through. Even if you lose, the only way you miss out is if the Megrim v Lamaros game is a draw and either I beat Proudft or Proudft beats me and the difference between your loss to Avaia and Proudft's victory over me is enough to overcome a 5TD difference. If there's a winner in the Megrim v Lamaros game then you are through anyway.

Yeah but this way I get to root against you! Although I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 04:58:13 PM

Rats met Khemri in an end-to-end thriller.

Proudft chose to kick and the first half went badly for me with plenty of rats taken off the pitch. Luckily for me they were all KOs and no actual injuries. At one point I got a bad follow up block with my Rat Ogre on a Tomb Guardian, 2 dice against because I hadn't checked to see who had Guard first, Defender stumbles and Both Down where neitehr of us had Block, he obviously chose Both Down and killed his Tomb Guardian dead then failed the regen roll. That was pretty much the only bright spot for me, between players gettign KOd and the ball bouncing all over the place. I almost ended up 1-0 down when a Thro Ra had a clear pickup and walk to my endzone on a loose ball. Luckily for me he botched a Sure Hands pickup and the first half ended scoreless.

The second half was where all the action was at. The Khemri caged up but left me enough of a gap to wriggle through and get a block on the ball carrier, the ball went loose and this time I got some paws on it, made a pass to a  Gutter Runner who then scampered out of range before scoring in the next turn. We set up again and this time the Khemrians were pushing forwards very aggressively. Again I got a blitz on the ball carrier after a bit of barging. Got a thrower to make the pick up but had no good options from there. I threw the ball to an empty square deep in the Khemri half of the pitch hoping that either they wouldn't have time to get the ball back down to my endzone from there or that my roaming Gutter Runners could snatch it up but a Tomb Guardian intercepted the throw. Running out of time, Proudft made a desperation play to put a Thro Ra in the Skeven endzone and tried to make a throw with the Tomb Guardian. Predictably the throw was off target and off the pitch, the crowd helpfully threw it back on to my unmarked thrower who ran down to make a short pass to an unmarked Gutter Runner who then scored on the last turn to cement the win.

This means I'm in the playoffs with Lamaros and Avaia. If Ingmar manages at least a draw then he's through too, otherwise if he loses then it's a tie between him and Megrim. Their head-to-head was a draw so it would depend on the number of TDs Ingmar conceded to Avaia. Megrim has a TD difference of +1 and Ingmar has a TD difference of +4 so far. If Ingmar only loses by two or fewer TDs then he wins the tie-break on TD difference. If he loses by 4 or more then Megrim wins. If he loses by exactly 3 then it comes down to TDs for and Ingmar would win on that basis (with 7 vs Megrim's 5).

Tl;dr unless Ingmar loses by 4 TDs he's through.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 08:32:51 PM

WHAT COULD GO WRONG

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: October 18, 2014, 05:48:27 PM

Yea I'm pretty confident that you are a shoe-in for this. The games I missed are really biting me in the arse on this one. To be fair though, I'm not sure I will still be playing Khorne for next season, so it might be a decent end to the run I've had with them.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 09:28:28 AM

Satael is likely to get a default win as SirT has said he probably can't play

I'll consider that the default state of things for this day and that SirT will do the informing should he unexpectedly be available.

Yeah, I was around the bend calling the telephone company for a couple of days and they eventually said last Friday that the Telephone would be connected "between 5 and 10 working days" and the broadband would be connected "between 5 and 10 working days after that"

So basically I'm out. Sorry guys.

Hic sunt dracones.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 11:44:55 AM

I am trying to get our game scheduled for Wed. night - it's gotten difficult due to out of town office people needing my time.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 02:29:26 PM

Should be dandy.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 03:08:10 PM

Gutted - 2
Vermin - 2

Really tight game, 5 injured and one dead rat.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 03:48:25 PM

Gutted 2 - Ermine Vermine 2

I nearly had him!

First half I won the toss and elected to receive. I then proceed to grind up the pitch and do my best to remove as many rats as possible in the process being mildly successful but not removing anything important in the first half and despite a minor scare where Eldaec leaped into my cage and strip balled my carrier since the ball was in 5 tackle zones he dodged out and away rather than attempt a suicidal pickup and I made the pickup myself (after a re-roll thank god) and scored on my turn 8. Eldaec then 1 turn touch downed to equalise.

Second half kicks off and I am resigned to the one turn to open the lead for the rats but lo Nuffle laughed at my pessimism and Eldaec failed the handoff. My trusty wizard zapped Chaddar Persille to no real effect other than knocking him over and I then put marker around the ball and once again tried some rat extermination. Things were not looking too bad and got better when I manage to clear the rat ball markers, make my pickup and form a sideline cage with 2 block beastman as guards. This did not take into account the leap dauntless gutter runners that Eldaec has in abundance. My ball carrier was neatly dumped to the sideline and the ball was thrown into the middle of the pitch by the main melee and not in a too unkind position. This didn't deter Cheddar who bounced up, grabbed the ball and skittered down the pitch. I had one guy in blitz range but I had to clear the path and despite 2 attempts didn't get the either the right push direction or a POW which meant I had to blitz him clear and then just mark Cheddar who laughed at my misfortune and ran in the second score for the Vermin.

Third drive kicked off with 4 turns to score and by this time the rats are down to a pure eleven on the pitch due to injuries and KO's and I get lucky when an early block is rolled as both down re-rolled to skulls which lets me advance the cage deep into the rats territory and despite a last ditch effort to sack the carrier is made it fails and I score on the last turn of the match to tie the scores at 2-2.

Well played game and I think the playoffs are going to be interesting this year as I don't see any really weak teams who have gotten lucky in the line ups as they stand but also some really good matches ahead in the fail offs too for those teams headed there this season.

Match is uploaded.
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 12:46:20 PM

Hazardous Hippies 2 - Scum Sewer Surfers 1

The game started with incredible luck for the receiving Surfers as almost every block knocked the skillful Hippies down, with a KO and an injury (saved from Death) after turn 2. Star Players Korg and Headsplitter did what they do best.

The luck continued for a couple more turns with more KOs, greatly reducing the Hippies' means to control the game. That said, they still managed to get the ball back  .. twice .. as turnover followed turnover followed .. (you get the picture), including a demonstration by elves of how not to throw the ball. As the first half drew to a close, a wardancer leapt out of Surfer tackle zones to score, but failed spectacularly. Score at end of first half 0-0.

The second half was a different game as the Hippies finally remembered they were elves and took the ball from one end zone to the other in one swift move. 1-0 to Hippies.

The kick-off after did not go well for the Surfers as their Star Rat Ogre fell on his posterior trying to take down a wardancer. This was followed by another disaster the turn after, leaving the Hippies a clear run to the ball and another quick TD. 2-0 to the Hippies.

With Nuffle finally back on their side, the inexperienced Surfers managed to take the ball from their end zone, executed a long pass into two tackle zones and dodged out and sprinted for the end zone to gain a consolation TD.

End result .. Hazardous Hippies 2 - Scum Sewer Surfers 1 .. and a well deserved win for the Hippies.

(Match is uploaded)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:35:19 AM by Monty »
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 12:23:50 PM

A bit of a bloodbath down in the lower ranks where nothing really matters anymore!

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 10:14:04 PM

Bleated 1, Banned 0

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:18:28 AM by avaia »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 23, 2014, 11:53:03 AM

Was pretty ugly, and I lost my good ghoul again. [/sad trombone]

Despite all the injuries and such though it was very close to being a tie.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 04:46:56 PM

So, by my maths,

Ermine Vermin vs The Banned
Gutted vs Lovers, Fighters
Ex-Presidents of Doom vs Fursecution
Hazardous Hippies vs Bleating

?

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #32 on: October 24, 2014, 05:00:32 PM

Drogg and I have our match scheduled for tonight.  I don't know if that could change the standings or not.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #33 on: October 24, 2014, 10:21:59 PM

Ex-Presidents 3 - 1 Muscle Daddies

In a rather high scoring affair, the Ex-Presidents managed to overcome their first Khorne competitors.  Drogg ran into a considerrable deal of bad luck, and Nuffle really just never let up.  Not only did he have trouble picking up the ball, which aided in two of my three points, but his demons also had trouble dodging and their injury rolls weren't all that great either, resulting in two permanent injuries that may be career ending.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 03:38:04 PM

Alrighty! Regular season is over, Playoffs and failoffs begin.

Here are the results from the last day:

And here are the standings at the end of the regular season:

If your name is in the following list then you need to quit the season 9 league and join the f13 Season 9 Playoffs with the password fearchange
Ramas
Avaia
Ruvaldt
Lamaros
Ulysees
IainC
Teleku
Ingmar

If your name is in the following list then you need to quit the season 9 league and join the f13 Season 9 Failoffs with the password fearchange
Satael
Megrim
Drogg
Proudft
Snuffleorc
Wolven86
SirT*
EricSwiftblade

*If SirT can't move his team over due to no internet then I'll put a ringer team in and give the first round as a bye to whoever gets drawn against it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:42:06 PM by IainC »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: F13 Season 9 Day 7  
Jump to: