Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:15:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: 10,000 League games visualised in 30s 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10,000 League games visualised in 30s  (Read 32675 times)
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #35 on: October 21, 2014, 11:13:45 PM

Not one person in league can accurately access the skill level of their teammates or enemies while playing a game.

Uh-huh, sure.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 22, 2014, 06:42:50 AM

Higher ranked people at Gold or higher typically like to say, "I'm bad at this game while telling other poeple their bad at the game". That's why I really hate talking about League of Legends with people I don't know. You'll end up getting one person tell you you suck and you should do better and then people feel like shit. They like to say this just in case someone higher ranked than them comes in and tells them they are bad for giving whatever advice. It covers their asses. It's also an ego boost because right after he tells you he's bad he goes on to tell you how good he is against a vast majority of people who play this game.

So to avoid those conversations, everyone starts off the conversation "I'm Bad at This Game!" to avoid conversations like Goumindong is having with Haem. It's like people who play these games love putting down other people in the worst possible way. There are better ways to have this conversation. Shit, I'm guilty of doing this.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 06:45:09 AM by Draegan »
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 01:29:33 PM

Not one person in league can accurately access the skill level of their teammates or enemies while playing a game.

Uh-huh, sure.

No, really. The inability of Chess Masters to accurately evaluate the play of chess players in games they're not even in is why we have MMR today. And you think that you can accurately evaluate the play of someone who you aren't observing full time while also emotionally invested in the outcome of their actions?

You don't do it well. So don't do it.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 01:40:14 PM

Holy shit, you are actually this delusional. Ok guy, godspeed.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 01:43:19 PM

Holy shit, you are actually this delusional. Ok guy, godspeed.

Do you also disbelieve climate change?
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 02:08:26 PM

Eh, don't let them work you up. Casual players think they understad high-level game analysis better than pros, details at 11.
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 08:59:16 PM

Eh, don't let them work you up. Casual players think they understad high-level game analysis better than pros, details at 11.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

unskilled individuals tend to suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate, while highly skilled individuals tend to rate their ability lower than is accurate.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 09:04:45 PM

If self deprecation was an indication of skill, I'm some sort of crazy combination between Faker, Madlife and Looper.  awesome, for real  I did notice a lot of "this team" bemoaning from everyone in Bronzoidia, but I'm sure you catch that at any lever under challenger.

As I become more detached from the playing aspect of it all, the worst my estimation of my past play becomes.  I'll still hold onto that 14 kill support game the rest of my days.   why so serious?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:07:30 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:41 PM

Uh-huh, sure.

No, really. The inability of Chess Masters to accurately evaluate the play of chess players in games they're not even in is why we have MMR today. And you think that you can accurately evaluate the play of someone who you aren't observing full time while also emotionally invested in the outcome of their actions?

You don't do it well. So don't do it.

Pretty sure a chess master can tell I'm shit at Chess.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: 10,000 League games visualised in 30s  
Jump to: