Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:56:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Toxikk 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toxikk  (Read 15530 times)
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #35 on: January 24, 2015, 06:50:57 PM

There's a good base to work from, but as all things they can either fix it or fuck it up worse. Also there's the question if enough people even want it outside of people like me who loved UT99.

Like, I like that they will give out a free SDK and have their own portal (or steam workshop, whatever) for user created content. And that they're going to let people make mutators like UT. Would people care enough to do so now? Who knows.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
schild
Administrator

Reply #36 on: January 24, 2015, 07:01:06 PM

This game really isn't nearly as ambitious as it should be. They wasted too much time on stupid shit.

It is, however, brainless fun.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 25, 2015, 02:51:47 PM

This game really isn't nearly as ambitious as it should be. They wasted too much time on stupid shit.

Looking at it, I agree. I really wish they had taken the game further.

I'd really like to see an Arena shooter designed with Titanfall esque air fuckery in mind. Maybe like a mix between Titanfall infantry combat and Tribes.

As it stands now all it looks like is a really average arena shooter.
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: January 25, 2015, 03:18:56 PM

I want Reflex also. Who wants to go in on a 4-pack of that shit.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/328070/
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: January 25, 2015, 03:19:25 PM

Looking at it, I agree. I really wish they had taken the game further.

I'd really like to see an Arena shooter designed with Titanfall esque air fuckery in mind. Maybe like a mix between Titanfall infantry combat and Tribes.

As it stands now all it looks like is a really average arena shooter.
That's not quite what I meant. I'm fine with the base being an arena shooter. But that's like, all it's doing and it's barely doing that well enough.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #40 on: January 25, 2015, 03:52:37 PM

Reflex does that q3a speedjumping shit and I hate that.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 25, 2015, 09:06:15 PM

My first reaction was "They used the Unreal engine to make... Unreal Tournament?".

Its fun, I felt a channeling of Q3 Arena so far... but TBH, I'm not sure it measures up to Q3 yet.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 03:22:50 PM

It's far more like UT than it is Q3A really with the dodgejumps and doublejumping and lack of strafe-jumping. Also how the weapons all have alternate firemodes.

Is is like Q3A where the rocket launcher is ridiculously better than all of the other guns by a mile right now though.

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 04:44:21 AM

Patch.

C03 - CERBERUS DAMAGE
The Cerberus rocket launcher was nerfed from doing 100 damage per shot to 85. This also affects the splash damage.

C04 - CERBERUS SPAWN TIME
The spawn time for the Cerberus was increased from 15 seconds to 30 seconds

C05 - CERBERUS FIRE RATE
The fire rate of the Cerberus was nerfed from 0.8 to 1.0 seconds

C06 - CERBERUS INITIAL AMMO
When picked up, the Cerberus now has 8 rockets instead of 10

C07 - CERBERUS AMMO PACK (ROCKET PACK)
The rockets ammo pack at the spawn point of the Cerberus was removed in Foundation.

C08 - RAVEN DAMAGE
The Raven pistol's damage was increased from 20 to 25 per shot.

C09 - DRAGONEER INITIAL AMMO
The intial ammo count of the Dragoneer flamethrower was raised from 30 to 40 units.

C10 - DRAGONEER AMMO PACK (TANK)
The content of a Dragoneer Ammo Pack was raised from 15 to 20 units.

C11 - DRAGONEER AMMO CAP
The ammo cap of the Dragoneer was raised from 60 to 80 units.

C12 - DRAGONEER SELF DAMAGE
The Self damage of the Dragoneer's flames was reduced from 1 to 0.5.

C13 - VIOLATOR DAMAGE
The damage of a hit with the Violator Assault Rifle's primary fire mode was raised from 20 to 25.

Big nerf to the rocket launcher.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #44 on: January 30, 2015, 09:43:44 PM

Weapon spawn times are literally hitler and it needs to be weaponstay or 4-5 seconds or something.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #45 on: February 13, 2015, 06:53:14 AM

Recent patches nerfing the rocket launcher and buffing some of the other weapons has made this more interesting. It didn't mix up the weapons people use QUITE enough since everyone is now using the nottheshockrifle instead of the rocket launcher but you see some variety now.

Flamethrower is still hilariously bad however.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 10:09:30 AM

Am I allowed to play?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, would we be having servers for this, like in the olden days? My ping is still probably sufficient to play from Mexico.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #47 on: February 18, 2015, 11:50:35 AM

The first 16-player CTF map with vehicles was added this week. Pretty okay, but again no weaponstay and sparse placement make me sad.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #48 on: February 18, 2015, 12:14:58 PM

Is there a grappling hook yet?
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #49 on: February 19, 2015, 07:46:57 PM

Not that I noticed.

90% of what keeps me from playing this more is the fact that 90% of the servers have enormously shitty pings for me for some reason, and that the devs seem to think that having ammo or guns is a bad thing so they place as few weapon/ammo spawns as possible and have ludicrously long weapon respawns by default.

Remaining 10% is the utterly uninspired models. The maps look just fine IMO, even good maybe. The weapons are just kinda silly looking and the player models are all generic powerarmor helmet guys.

Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 07:39:13 AM

Not that I noticed.

90% of what keeps me from playing this more is the fact that 90% of the servers have enormously shitty pings for me for some reason, and that the devs seem to think that having ammo or guns is a bad thing so they place as few weapon/ammo spawns as possible and have ludicrously long weapon respawns by default.

Remaining 10% is the utterly uninspired models. The maps look just fine IMO, even good maybe. The weapons are just kinda silly looking and the player models are all generic powerarmor helmet guys.

No surprises there from the team that brought you Neocron*

*I love Neocron, it too has great maps and shitty player rmodels!
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #51 on: March 07, 2015, 03:20:20 PM

New build with a new deathmatch map. New map is good outside of the devastator knockoff being way too easy to get to and there still not being enough mini health/armor and ammo around.

climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: March 22, 2015, 06:35:51 PM

Toxikk looks good, but the new UT is totally free and is now available to download.

http://www.unrealtournament.com/

It's the 'pre-alpha' right now, but core gameplay is there and it's very UT.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #53 on: October 21, 2015, 05:46:47 PM

Yeah, Toxikk kinda had its lunch suddenly ate by the new UT being community developed with the newer version of the same engine.

Toxikk did however drop a new update just today with their interpretation of Deck 17 and it is really good.

climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 13, 2016, 02:31:21 PM

This is free now.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #55 on: September 14, 2016, 11:10:01 AM

With the new Unreal Tournament free too, I doubt this will see any more action anyway.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Toxikk  
Jump to: