Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:37:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: The Town Council stuff 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Town Council stuff  (Read 4855 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: September 18, 2014, 01:29:07 PM

I am starting a new thread just for this because I want to try and keep track of where this will go. Interesting stuff if you ask me. Sure, Russ Bullock has very little credibility, but it's still a fascinating new attitude.

Quote from: Russ Bullock
Obviously over the past week I have been reading through many council related posts including a very lengthy 68 page one. I have also noticed no shortage of ECM specific posts which has led into conversations in almost every other aspect of MWO.

As you know I have also been involved in talking with many of the forums banned players. I have enjoyed speaking with some of the strongest "characters" in the community and welcoming them back. During this process there was a lot of expression of hope but also a continued desire to understand more of the history and circumstances surrounding the last 2.5 years.

Earlier this evening an idea was forming in my head when it was driven home by a few more posts. I realized how difficult it was going to be to have any success in working together as a community on until I provide more contexts. In order to do that we will need to arrange for a series of town hall meetings:

Topics to be covered in roughly the appropriate order:

- The last 2.5 years of development and the relationship between PGI and IGP in as much detail as is appropriate.
- ECM
- 3PV
- Heat Scale
- UI 2.0
- Etc.

Yes it will take a couple of months to get through this process and bring everyone up to speed on all the happenings in these moments in time, but the timing is good with the development team focused on CW phase 2.

I will start to work on a plan to deliver these town hall meetings.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 04:04:40 PM

Its not new, they did exactly this before the Phoenix pack and it was all lies and bullshit. In fact some of the lies they are telling now are the same as back then. I wasn't around at all for Clan Pack #1 but I bet there was an uptick in dev forum participation, caring and listening to customers around that time as well.

Still not a single screenshot of this supposed work they have completed on community warfare. Its been 2 weeks I think and no further update on the details of CW systems. This is just a PR campaign to sell Clan Pack #2.

They need to just make CW 1PV only so the entire 3PV thing can be dropped and moved on from. Its simple it hurts nobody and it appeases a lot of angry players who would like an excuse to come back.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MechWarrior Online  |  Topic: The Town Council stuff  
Jump to: