Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 4 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 4  (Read 18463 times)
Wolvens Requiem
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 02:37:15 PM

Mr. Wolven:

Tonight has become somewhat inconvenient for me - does either Saturday or Sunday around 8 pm your time (noon here) work instead? That time can move around, I'm pretty free in general this weekend.

Yea that should be fine, I'm out tomorrow evening but I should be up for it when I get back in, should be about 10 or 11 pm my time!

OK. I'll be at the computer for a while starting now so we should be able to do this once you're back. Not sure who you are on Steam though.

Ok I am now back, sent you a friend invite!
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 14, 2014, 06:52:39 AM

Nuffle didn't shine on the orcs again, with the Lovers almost making a hash of it after the mercenary Lord Borak ballsed it up with a double skull in the second last turn. Thankfully the team recovered and scored with a GFI on the last turn.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 14, 2014, 08:59:03 AM

All you need to do is look at the block stats to get a feel for my game. Turn 1 was awesome, KOing both his star player and another, I was thinking I'd get an easy TD. But a great defence from Lamaros and bad luck preventing a turn 8 easy TD and I failed to score first half.

Second half I was down a few players and Lamaros played excellently. I very nearly managed to prevent the TD, but his unerring ability to get knockdowns and my unerring ability not to got the TD turn 16. 4 of my team injred including a Black Orc at -1str (rerolled to -1str... urgh). To summarise my season so far I did a near pass for SPP final turn, which failed...

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: September 16, 2014, 08:23:04 AM

Why don't you want to be friends, IaiaiaianC?  Was it something I said?   Heartbreak
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #39 on: September 16, 2014, 09:20:39 AM

Accepted, sorry. When do you want to play?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 12:06:01 PM

I won't be around much till Sunday anyway. So that should be no problem.
Been checking for you on Steam since the weekend but haven't seen you on.  Any idea when a good time would be?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 12:28:24 PM

I forgot to write up my game with Wolven and now the details are sort of fuzzy. It ended in a 2-0 win for my side; as far as I remember the only long term damage was a -AV injury to my kicker. He bought Morg with his big pile of inducements, so I was juggling Morg and a minotaur with my zombies and flesh golems all game. Thankfully the mighty blow never permanently hurt either of the FGs, and I was able to minimize the number of hits on my wights and werewolves.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 01:09:35 PM

Nurgle prevail over rats, 2-0.  Was a pretty ugly game for IainC, who needed a pass completion to make things interesting.

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #43 on: September 16, 2014, 01:14:42 PM

Nurgle prevail over rats, 2-0.  Was a pretty ugly game for IainC, who needed a pass completion to make things interesting.

I needed a pass completion but I couldn't buy one at any price. My Agi5 GR with Catch failed every catch roll he was asked to make and as a result two very clear scores failed. I also failed GfIs and dodges on first actions to give the Nurgle team an almost uncontested first half TD. Meanwhile Avaia was removing rats from the pitch as fast as possible - at the end of the match I had 7 in the injury box and 3 KOs. I have four MNGs including my Rat Ogre and a Gutter Runner.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 12:53:10 AM

I won't be around much till Sunday anyway. So that should be no problem.
Been checking for you on Steam since the weekend but haven't seen you on.  Any idea when a good time would be?

Should be on tonight and tomorrow night.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 17, 2014, 02:25:44 AM

What time zone are you in again?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 10:27:22 AM

UK

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 12:54:48 PM

Ex-Presidents 2 - 1 Scum Sewer Surfers

This was a tight match that easily could have gone either way until around turn 15 when I scored the game winning TD.

Snuffleorc picked up Morg, a wizard, an extra reroll and some Bloodweiser Babes for inducements.  I elected to receive, and immediately tried to cut down Morg, knowing that he'd be likely to contribute a lot to the match.  I was unsuccessful.  In fact, not only was I unsuccessful in getting any early injuries, Snuffle was the first to draw blood after badly injuring Calvin Coolidge.  I drove up the field in a slow, Chaos-like fashion, but Snuffle enjoyed some very good one-die blocks to keep me constantly on my toes.  I scored on turn 7 after dodging away from Morg.  Snuffle had two turns to score, and positioned his rats on my side of the field for a pass, but failed to pick up the ball.  The first half ended with George Washington intercepting Snuffle's pass.

The second half began with a weather change to sweltering heat.  This was a big disadvantage for me because I don't have a bench and Snuffle's is fairly deep.  Even if he lost a few rats more could step in, but I'd be screwed.  I tried my best to prevent him from scoring, but he did so on his second turn without a lot of effort.  My primary ball carrier and two others came down with sweltering heat while Snuffle's team stayed healthy and I was down four pieces receiving the ball.  What followed was me taking a lot of risks by dodging around out of tackle zones until I was pretty much at the end of my rope, but positioned my players in such a way to make him roll dice if he wanted to follow me up field.  Then Nuffle threw me a lifeline and Snuffle failed a dodge at a bad moment.  I managed to get my rookie ball carrier to two spaces away from the end zone, and had some favorable knockdowns.  Snuffle nearly got a gutter runner to my ball carrier but failed on a gfi to put him in a tackle zone.  We each had one turn at the end of the game to stomp on each other and it was done.

I'll upload the match once I get home.  Fun game without many injuries and well played by Snuffle.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 01:33:13 PM

Ermine Vermin - 7
Hazardous Hippies - 4

11 touchdowns by turn 14. It's nbd.

Will post stats etc after dinner.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 17, 2014, 01:36:47 PM

That was the game that made me finally realize I don't really want to play BB anymore.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Or at least until I've had a good long break.  Holy god.  Fuck dice.

But yes, touchdown count got hilarious.

-Stephen Colbert
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #50 on: September 17, 2014, 02:21:03 PM

Holy shit.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: September 17, 2014, 02:26:51 PM

We are pretty much the two top speed scoring teams in the league.  What were you expecting?   awesome, for real

Though I it seems like the last time we played it was even higher (or at least feels that way).  The dice weren't so lopsided, and we both just ran by each other to score endless TD's.  He still won because holy god its hard to stop his one turn TD guy if you aren't a blocking team.  I'm still so bitter they nerfed the ability for Wood Elves to do that after the original version.

Edit:  Also, could you please verify the match?  The one positive point was that my treeman finally injured another player, and got enough SPP to gain rank 6.  Must see what he rolls!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:32:38 PM by Teleku »

-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: September 17, 2014, 02:42:09 PM

Uploaded now.

Teleku lost a wardancer early, and another near half time, after that we were exchanging elf 2 turners and rat 1 turners, with the exception of a couple of turnover TDs for the rats following a blitz in the forst half and wacky pass from Teleku's star thrower in the second. Cheddar Persille scored 5 in all.

I think Teleku has a wardancer out with a damaged back, plus a levelled up treeman; my rats have a level on a +STR Wrestle lineman.

More stats

Dodge

Vermin : 18/20
Hippies : 18/21
I think the first time I remember anyone attempting more dodges than me.

Blocks

Vermin : 16/34
Hippies : 10/23
Up is down and down is up.

Hazardous Hippies | 4 - 7 | Ermine Vermin

Teams
Hazardous HippiesErmine Vermin
Race : Wood elfSkaven
TV : 20501930
Treasury : 270000250000
Rerolls : 54
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 914
Cheerleaders : 10

Match Report
Hazardous HippiesErmine Vermin
Score : 47
Touchdowns inflicted : 47
Touchdowns sustained : 74
Passes : 62
Catches : 73
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 105
KOs inflicted : 31
Injuries inflicted : 22
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 01
Yards gained passing : 10426
Yards gained running : 150256
Ball Possession (%) : 6611
Own occupation: 7128
Opponent occupation : 2871
Note of the match: 18/20
Spectators: 31000
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:01:21 PM by eldaec »

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #53 on: September 17, 2014, 03:18:02 PM

...holy god its hard to stop his one turn TD guy if you aren't a blocking team.

I think you meant to write this.  We generally can't do it either!

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: September 17, 2014, 03:23:36 PM

Pretty much every lineman and blitzer type can take Tackle; you ignore it at your peril.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #55 on: September 17, 2014, 03:25:50 PM

I have tackle.

By the way, I'm not complaining.  It's a good tactic.  I'm just pointing out that everyone is vulnerable to it.  That's what makes it so good.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: September 17, 2014, 03:35:33 PM

Yeah I wasn't being specific really. It's not the absolute hardest thing to stop, though, and any team can build with an eye towards containing it without rendering themselves useless in other ways.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: September 17, 2014, 03:39:07 PM

Tackle is bad skill you should not take tackle. Everybody lets have a pact that nobody takes tackle.

Actually it doesn't impact the one turn TD very much, priority skills vs the one turner are Kick, Kick, Kick, then Sidestep. The best bet afaik is to force me to pass (with a good kick) and leap (with a carefully planned lineup plus sidestep). The other thing is not to have less than 11 players, you really can't design a decent line without all your guys.

But everybody should have a player with Kick.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: September 17, 2014, 03:41:08 PM

Tackle is there for the extra turn(s) you take to make sure you break the 1TTD guy before you score your own touchdown! It does get to be a bit annoying when there are enough spare rats that he doesn't have to go out on defense, but rats break easy and you'll get to him eventually.

In general when dealing with a 1TTD guy, scoring as fast as you can on your own turn is not playing to your role in the matchup. Pretty much every team has to take the 'bash' role in a game against rats like that.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: September 17, 2014, 03:45:46 PM

It's also great on your drives for stopping my other gutter runners swooping through your lines and yoinking the ball out of your cage because you couldn't quite protect that back corner which surely nobody can rea...... OH GOD THE RATS.

Now stop discussing tackle choose other skills please.

drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: September 17, 2014, 05:35:07 PM

besides, unless somehow your full line has tackle(hard if you're not dwarves) there's still going to be an opening eldaec can sneak through, assuming he doesn't just blitz you out of position.

i bloodthirster blitzed the 1 turn tackle guy but couldn't break armor.  at least i tried!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: September 18, 2014, 08:45:54 AM

Did you fail to stomp?  What the shit!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 4  
Jump to: