Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Gnomoria: The Land of Sneers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gnomoria: The Land of Sneers  (Read 104557 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: April 03, 2015, 01:24:37 AM

Well, yes and yes, I guess.  But he takes a lot of armor plate so he's expensive. Mine cost two grand. Also repairs are said to be expensive. Also it s hard to get cores.   But one wood makes a coal so food is easier.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: April 04, 2015, 06:18:44 AM

Ok, that's rather cool.  Robbie got the shit kicked out of him and died, but his Core is just sitting there.  I have a new tab called 'Rebuild Automaton', which allows me to slap some more metal around this core and bring Robbie back to life.

Word.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #177 on: April 06, 2015, 12:50:43 PM

But can you make him better than he was before?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #178 on: April 07, 2015, 04:10:33 AM

Oh Susan.  Oh Susan No.  No, Susan, No.

SUSSSAAAANNNNNNNN

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #179 on: April 07, 2015, 08:58:58 AM

How many more gnomes did zombie Susan take down?   ZombieSigne

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: April 07, 2015, 10:30:10 AM

None that time, tho she infected another 5 that are just waiting to pop.  Bit of background;  apart from Charles, she was the only survivor from the original bunch and she had over 300 tinkering due to basically getting the whole mechanism of the place running single handed.

But that was all done, so I gave her full steel armor and a chib and, lo and behold, she swapped it out with some other less deserving sod and got herself killed like a bitch.  I mean, she went down harder than Lori.

Damn.  Only Charles from the original squad, with his unbeatable bronze sword Twistjoker.

I love this game.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #181 on: April 07, 2015, 11:46:25 AM

I'm trying to think if you can set up a uniform that requires a particular quality level so that you could potentially avoid that by saying that veteran gnomes only wear steel armor.  You'd need to tell the rookies specifically NOT to wear the steel, I guess, otherwise they'll snatch it up first and they're not going to give it up just because somebody else wants it more.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #182 on: April 07, 2015, 12:16:01 PM

You can do that from the Uniform Tab.

The trouble is, it's a MAJOR pain in the dick...

You can, for example, make a Uniform called 'Charles'.  You can then make a profession called 'Charles' with the right skills and assign the Charles Uniform.  Then, finally, you can make Charles the Profession Charles and tada.

Alas, FUCK THAT.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: January 09, 2016, 05:03:26 PM

btw...fuck bears.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: January 11, 2016, 04:10:30 AM

Ok so in regards to Gnomes going idle.

Professions are set. When I set some trees to be felled they all suddenly went active and helped haul in the wood and shit. Then went back to idling.

I have a squad training, only 1 of them is doing it, the other 4 are sleeping or idling in the main hall.

I have materials, tasks, professions etc set. WTF???

Are there any good mods that can help you see what tasks are active/see where bottlenecks are?

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #185 on: January 11, 2016, 04:47:53 AM

Never seen any mods myself, though I could imagine some that might be handy.

Idling Gnomes mean they are set not to do anything or they can't do anything.  What is it that you want them to do ?

For example, if you setup a new Farm plot and plant some things that you know you have seeds for, do the Gnomes set to farmer status get up off asses ?

Usually for me, I forget that I don't have proper stone right at the start and then I watch 8 Gnomes jerking off because they can't make a fucking chisel.  What state are your gnomes in ?  Do they have proper paths to get to where you want them to go ?

Sounds to me like you're just missing 'something' especially given that tree fellers went felling trees when told to.

(Another thing you could try is setting one gnome to ALL professions and see what he does...)

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: January 11, 2016, 04:53:09 PM

Put in a small mining job. Set idle gnomes to mine. They won't touch it.
Clean a couple of corpses up? Won't do it.
Food, drink. Wont do it.
etc etc etc.

This is truly frustrating.

Also wondering what's the deal with weapons. Have a stockpile of various weapons. Have uniform set to be anything and some gnomes won't pick up shit.

GAAARGH.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #187 on: January 11, 2016, 08:15:23 PM

Also wondering what's the deal with weapons. Have a stockpile of various weapons. Have uniform set to be anything and some gnomes won't pick up shit.

Hmm... The weapons thing might be a quality issue, I don't think they can use worn equipment (like, equipment scavenged off of dead goblins).  You just smelt that down to get slivers and then make proper weapons out of it.

As for gnomes going idle, I'm not sure.  If they're all in the militia, there are a number of things that can cause it, like ringing the alarm bell and never sounding an "all clear".  I've heard that a bug can cause gnomes who can't find a uniform to idle, but that was an old one so probably fixed.

If they're not in the militia, I'd say it's usually down to either basic needs not being met (hunger, thirst, etc.) a lack of tools (need pickaxes if they're mining) or pathing problems (accidentally deleted a critical ramp or something).

Reading around I heard about a bug in a pirate version that can be solved by putting some tables and chairs in the great hall, so might want to try that?  Otherwise, I dunno.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: January 11, 2016, 08:32:20 PM

I have tables and chairs. No pathing problems. Ill try removing them from squad. I dont have an alarm?

Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: February 24, 2016, 02:46:34 AM

This is not a Radicalthon post per se, but it looks like the gnomes have sneaked out of Early Access as of yesterday, Feb 23.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #190 on: February 27, 2016, 03:25:10 PM

Oooo.  Looks like they have a few mods now too?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #191 on: February 28, 2016, 02:23:44 AM

What kind of mods Precious ?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Gnomoria: The Land of Sneers  
Jump to: