Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:41:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 3  (Read 11646 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:03 PM

Standing in for your normal commissioner: a lazy American who isn't going to post the standings, look them up yourself! Here's the results from day 2 and the schedule for day 3:

I'll let Iain decide the deadline when he gets back on Wednesday since I'm lazy! Go play Blood Bowl!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 10:30:48 PM

Megrim,

I'm GMT, may have some time today, won't have any sunday. If not, might be able to do an evening or next weekend.

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 12:53:28 AM

I'm available on Sunday and Monday at pretty much any time and then during the rest of the week on gmt evenings (most days).
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 07:24:22 AM

Marvellous, I too am on gmt and will try to catch you tomorrow.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 04:41:52 AM

I'm in Rome currently, won't be available to play until at least Wednesday night.  Polish time.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 31, 2014, 06:18:45 AM

Ermine Vermin 3 - 0 Chaos Theorists

Satael wasn't having much luck with Wild Animal rolls and Armor rolls in particular. No injuries on either side.

I still can't upload, but should be able to do so by the end of this match day.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 06:20:12 AM

Another loss for the theorists. The match started with the most experienced player on the theorists team taking a rock in the head and spending the first half of the game off the field. The first half for the theorists also ended on a rather bad note  as the cw with the ball failed a gfi (even with a reroll) in the tz and failed to score. Second half was a rat onslaught with theorists having little to say concerning the inevitable defeat they were going to suffer though a cw failing another gfi (with reroll again) to hit a 3-dice blitz on a gr was a nice bonus touch.
vermin 3 - 0 theorists
Monty
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

Snuffleorc/Scum Sewer Surfers available Tuesday or Friday evening (UK-based)
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 04:52:51 AM

Pretty sure we are going to have to aim for a weekend game Drogg. Have added you to my steam friends list so if you have a window this weekend let me know and I'll see what I can arrange my side.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 05:42:46 AM

Deadline is Tuesday 9th September.

Wolven, I'm back home on Wednesday morning and can play any time From Wednesday evening through till Sunday evening then any evening after that.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 12:03:45 PM

Pretty sure we are going to have to aim for a weekend game Drogg. Have added you to my steam friends list so if you have a window this weekend let me know and I'll see what I can arrange my side.
sounds good to me - i'll keep my eyes peeled but we can plan for next weekend.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 01:20:20 PM

Hey ingmar, I'm pretty busy so weekend is most likely. My sat morning your sat Friday evening, or the same for Sunday/sat?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 06:25:15 PM

My Saturday night will not work so it will have to be Friday.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 10:27:11 AM

In a game of ups and downs (mostly downs), thrills, spills and general bad dicerolling allround, The Elves bullshit their way past the Rats for a 3-1 victory.

Its started off for the first bit of the first half where both the rats and elves were not able to pick upthe ball to save their lives. Finally with some splended Elf to elf action the Elves managed to plant the ball in the endzone. The rats scored almost immediatly afterwards however, and it was a tie going into the first half.

In the second half however the dice swung my way, and despite me doing the traditional failure of a GFI roll on the touchdown line at one point, A series of bad turnovers landed me the win and denied the rats a consolation TD on the last turn. It ended with a foul, as all good BB matches should.

*edit* I uploaded the match but I left the day as day 1 accidently. Should I resubmit it as day 3 or will the program figure it out itself?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:32:22 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 01:58:35 PM

So JRuvaldt, we should REALLY try to figure out a way to do this sometime between now and Friday night (Polish time, GMT+2 currently).  I am going to Budapest for training for one week, starting Saturday, and I really don't know if I'll be able to get my hands on a PC I can install and play BB on in that time.  My flight is in the early afternoon on Saturday, so I can stay up late Friday.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 04:01:28 PM

Megrim,

I'm GMT, may have some time today, won't have any sunday. If not, might be able to do an evening or next weekend.

Yea I'll have to try and catch you at some point. I'm kind-of busy at the moment in the day-to-day stuff.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 10:58:02 PM

Megrim,

Yea I'll have to try and catch you at some point. I'm kind-of busy at the moment in the day-to-day stuff.

Its looking like weekend now, that suit you?

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 11:33:57 PM

Megrim,

Should be good, I'm free-ish.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #18 on: September 03, 2014, 11:59:30 AM

So JRuvaldt, we should REALLY try to figure out a way to do this sometime between now and Friday night (Polish time, GMT+2 currently).  I am going to Budapest for training for one week, starting Saturday, and I really don't know if I'll be able to get my hands on a PC I can install and play BB on in that time.  My flight is in the early afternoon on Saturday, so I can stay up late Friday.

That's a tough one for me, Teleku.  I work 8:00am to 5:00pm CST (GMT -5) on weekdays so I'm working during your prime playing hours in the afternoon.  I can play nearly any time Saturday or Sunday, but Friday isn't possible for me at any time.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 01:46:23 PM

Fursecution v Vibrant Filling ends 4-0 after a textbook display of Skaven Bullshit. I was receiving to start and opened with a couple of key KOs on Chaos Warriors who would fail to come back until I had the game handily under control. Some deft passing and long-distance sprinting put me 2-0 ahead at half time and I extended that lead to 3-0 after turn 12 and 4-0 after turn 14. I had everythign lined up to make it 5-0 at the end but I made a GfI to put the GR with the ball out of tackle range and he ended up injuring himself. Wolven finally got Nuffle's favour back in the last three rounds with some brutal block and injury dice on my furry cohorts but it was too late by then to change the course of the match. It did mean that I had to fire a couple of damaged linerats and my level 5 star Gutter Runner will miss the next game however.

I validate all the outstanding matches that had uploaded to BBManager and fixed the wrong day on the Snuffleorc v SirT game but I don't see the Ramas v Satael game in the uploaded list. Can one of you two please upload it as soon as possible?

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
satael
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: September 04, 2014, 09:15:21 PM

I validate all the outstanding matches that had uploaded to BBManager and fixed the wrong day on the Snuffleorc v SirT game but I don't see the Ramas v Satael game in the uploaded list. Can one of you two please upload it as soon as possible?

Unfortunately I don't have the replay file (and as the loser thought Ramas would upload it)  Ohhhhh, I see.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 04, 2014, 11:22:24 PM

I'll upload - but will have to wait till my real internet is working. BBM seems to object to working through a mobile phone. Should be any day now.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 01:23:29 AM

Hey Ingmar, does 18.5 hours from the time of this post work for you?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 10:14:36 AM

I think that works out to 8 pm my time, in which case, yes it should.

avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 09:39:44 PM

Bleating 2 Beetles 0.  Proudft does better talky talk, I will pass him the mic.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 09:45:08 PM

Banned 2 - Lovers, Fighters 0

Match was closer than the score would indicate, as the last TD was kind of a garbage time thing after a failed pickup. Most of the injuries I suffered were too late to matter, and Lamaros lost a key guy to KO for most of the game. Also Borak got hurt. Suck it, Borak.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 10:49:31 PM

Megrim,

I'm free for a bit now, can't find you on steam. Can you poke me at some point so I can friend you?

Should be good, I'm free-ish.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 04:06:26 AM

Match uploaded

Ermine Vermin | 3 - 0 | Chaos String Theorists

Teams
Ermine VerminChaos String Theorists
Race : SkavenChaos
TV : 19301460
Treasury : 220000100000
Rerolls : 33
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 146
Cheerleaders : 00

Match Report
Ermine VerminChaos String Theorists
Score : 30
Touchdowns inflicted : 30
Touchdowns sustained : 03
Passes : 10
Catches : 11
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 513
KOs inflicted : 02
Injuries inflicted : 12
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 07
Yards gained passing : 48
Yards gained running : 7250
Ball Possession (%) : 2761
Own occupation: 3564
Opponent occupation : 6435
Note of the match: 15/20
Spectators: 29000

Notable stuff...

I held the ball for 27% of the match - which is a lot for my rats, usually turnover TDs come from sacking the player who receives the kickoff, but satael was capturing the ball well and I generally had to shake it loose in my own half.

As is often the case, dauntless was my most-valued-skill, 5/5 rolls, 3 of them paired with strip ball and block or wrestle on a ball carrier for an 83% chance of releasing the ball.

Vermin made 40/57 dodges, which is even more than usual, Chaos Theorists made 2/2.

Vermin made 10/15 blocks (ave dice 1.67), I thought I'd made more. Theorists blocked 32/54, which is more, clearly, but a relatively low success rate of 59% for what was a huge average of 2.22 block dice rolled. The chaos team had an almost flat frequency chart for block dice rolls so it doesn't look like a luck issue - I'd have to suggest getting more tackle on your guys when you can.

Theorists only managed 9/15 Wild Animal rolls, what I'm not sure of is how many required a 4 to pass because Mister Silly String was moving but not blitzing. It felt like the answer was 'some'.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 04:47:55 AM

Well, so I'm heading to Budapest for a week.  Uh, guess I'll see if it's possible to find a net cafe or something.  If I can pull that, any time Sunday that's good for you Ruvaldt?

-Stephen Colbert
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 02:42:20 PM

I'm available pretty much any time Sunday!  I'll be glued to the couch anyway due to football so throwing some Blood Bowl into the bargain sounds good.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: September 06, 2014, 03:43:35 PM

Proudft does better talky talk, I will pass him the mic.

I will just let the mic drop, like a tomb guardian being hit by a nurgleer.
drogg
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 01:37:38 AM

hey ulysses - i'm off to a wedding tomorrow afternoon but i should be back around 11 PM PST (GMT-8).  i'll see if i can hop on steam beforehand as well - think we're leaving around 2.

failing that, happy to try and find some time early next week.  let me know.
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 01:41:02 AM

Weird, my post yesterday left the quote, but no message.

Megrim, I'm unable to find you on steam, can you poke me today for a game. I'm freeish all day.

swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: September 07, 2014, 03:50:18 AM

The Camp-town OrcBoyz | 0 - 0 | Huitzilopochtli's Gift

Teams
The Camp-town OrcBoyzHuitzilopochtli's Gift
Race : OrcKhorne Daemons
TV : 20001560
Treasury : 20000330000
Rerolls : 52
Apothecary : 11
Fan Factor : 88
Cheerleaders : 50

Match Report
The Camp-town OrcBoyzHuitzilopochtli's Gift
Score : 00
Touchdowns inflicted : 00
Touchdowns sustained : 00
Passes : 00
Catches : 01
Interceptions : 00
Knockdowns inflicted : 114
KOs inflicted : 51
Injuries inflicted : 10
Deaths inflicted : 00
Tackles inflicted : 43
Yards gained passing : 64
Yards gained running : 4230
Ball Possession (%) : 4847
Own occupation: 7524
Opponent occupation : 2475
Note of the match: 6/20
Spectators: 26000

Between Megrim's great play and nuffle hating me, I couldn't quite manage a score despite a few opportunities. Comedy of errors and Nuffle hating me this season pretty much means my season is over at match 3...

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 04:11:00 AM

About mid-way through the first half I realised that I was going to have to fight just to get a draw out of this game. The second half started off better, but when the time came to choose between a hand over and straight dash for the endzone, and a reverse pass, the daemons promptly forgot how to handle the ball. Ugh, this teams needs some +MV increases so badly.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: f13 Season 9 Day 3  
Jump to: