Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 06:45:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: RIP Dickie Attenborough 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Dickie Attenborough  (Read 3050 times)
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

on: August 24, 2014, 05:25:34 PM

Passed away aged 90

Good old life and acted and directed some fantastic films.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 06:15:16 PM

I didn't realize he was that old. Obviously he was a very accomplished actor, but my first and most prominent memory of him was Jurassic Park.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

I think his biggest contribution to movies was directing Gandhi.  He also directed one of my favourite war movies, A Bridge Too Far, and played a key role in another great WW2 movie, The Great Escape.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 09:26:29 PM

I have to admit, I thought he died years ago. Maybe he had a health scare or something.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 11:44:43 PM

So much quality work from one man.  He will be missed.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 09:07:40 AM

This.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 10:33:43 AM

Not gonna lie, I freaked out momentarily until I figured out it wasn't his younger brother. Still sad, and I really enjoyed Gandhi in particular, but I've ended up feeling a bit relieved because I am not ready to deal with losing one of my life-long heroes this month.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 09:30:19 PM

This.
He spared no expense.

cry
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: RIP Dickie Attenborough  
Jump to: