Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:41:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Ferguson, MO 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ferguson, MO  (Read 1107 times)
ezrast
Terracotta Army

on: August 13, 2014, 08:13:36 PM

An unarmed black man was shot to death by a police officer on Saturday. It's the age-old story - white officer stops a pair of black men walking down the street at night, confrontation somehow turns violent, officer shoots one of the men to death in front of his friend. Police, of course, are in conflict with the other witness about who became violent first, but nobody's denying that the fatal gunshots occurred after the victim had distanced himself from the officer, unarmed with his hands up.

Queue racial tension, protests by day, riots and looting by night. At one point SWAT got called in; now police are rolling around the place in military armored vehicles.

The disturbing thing for me is that this has all been happening about 10 miles from my doorstep, not far from downtown St. Louis, and I just found out about it today. What can I say, I haven't been following the news this week. :/

Local news coverage is here.
Anyonymous is righteously pissed.

This is kind of crazy.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:19:23 PM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Ferguson, MO  
Jump to: