Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:00:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2014/2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Soccer thread 2014/2015  (Read 63122 times)
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: December 07, 2014, 06:09:15 PM

What Chris Tierney giveth, Chris Tierney taketh away (scores the tying goal, plays Robbie Keane onside for the game winner for some reason)

Fuck LA.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
WayAbvPar

Reply #71 on: December 08, 2014, 10:18:24 AM

What Chris Tierney giveth, Chris Tierney taketh away (scores the tying goal, plays Robbie Keane onside for the game winner for some reason)

Fuck LA.

This. Eternally.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: December 14, 2014, 04:54:49 PM

Ahh Liverpool went with the "LOL defence" today.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: December 15, 2014, 02:10:05 AM

De Gea got in the way of every shot while Brad Jones jumped out of the way.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #74 on: December 15, 2014, 09:40:48 AM

That was a crazy game. Definitely the best game I have seen De Gea have in a ManU shirt. Never been a big fan of his. Now I think he is almost adequate  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Also, LOL @ Balotelli. I could watch him fail all day.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: December 15, 2014, 10:02:44 AM

Yeh Balotellis' dismay at none of his shots going into the back of the net (ever), is quite mirth inducing.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: December 15, 2014, 11:41:27 AM

That was fucking painful to watch. It's not like either team actually played worth a shit other than DeGea. Liverpool did have some nice passing but no finish and that's the main difference between the two sides. Man. U. has at least 3 guys in the starting lineup who can actually finish (Van Persie, Rooney and Mata) while Liverpool only has Sterling and he hasn't finished anything since early November. Both defenses are pretty goddamn bad but at least Man. U. has the excuse that most of their back line is injured. Liverpool's is just fucking awful. It's a horror show. That 2nd goal should have been offside but it really doesn't matter whether it was or not because 2 defenders just let Mata run free in the box like he wasn't even there. At least Lovren had his back to Mata but Moreno is standing there watching Mata flash across his face like he's sitting on his couch with a hot pocket. Every single one of those goals was a result of someone either not tracking back (Rooney being wide open at the 18-yard line), or someone being completely fucking unmarked in the box while a cross comes directly over the head of multiple defenders (the other 2 goals).

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: December 16, 2014, 04:17:14 AM

Definitely the best game I have seen De Gea have in a ManU shirt. Never been a big fan of his. Now I think he is almost adequate  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Interesting analysis from Gary Neville.

WayAbvPar

Reply #78 on: December 16, 2014, 10:56:24 AM

Definitely the best game I have seen De Gea have in a ManU shirt. Never been a big fan of his. Now I think he is almost adequate  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Interesting analysis from Gary Neville.

Thanks for the link- that was very enlightening (and thank Christ Neville shaved his mustache eventually!). It is funny that he specifically mentioned his arm position in the saves yesterday- I noticed that while I was watching. As a former goalkeeper I think that sort of stuff is interesting  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I always worried that De Gea wouldn't get it and that he isn't the physical specimen Van der Sar was, so he wouldn't be able to make up for any mental errors. Looks like his brain is making up for any physical shortcomings these days. Now, if he could just get a defense that didn't hang him out to dry so regularly...

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #79 on: December 16, 2014, 01:10:14 PM

Hell if Simon Mignolet would have caught about 20% more of the crosses/corners that came into his box over the last 2 seasons, Liverpool would have a title and he'd have started Sunday.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: December 21, 2014, 11:11:54 PM

De Gea has been pretty good from the moment he joined Utd. He has improved in the air a lot, but otherwise he was already good. I think a lot of the "omg, he's turned it around" crap was just from the British media needing something Utd related to write articles about (because you've always got to write about the big teams all the time), and they decided that De Gea was the way to go, and starting hanging crap on him.

So now they've gone to the other end of it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: December 22, 2014, 08:07:17 AM

Gary Neville's analysis went way over your head then. I didn't think he was great, flapping crosses, too tentative coming off his line, punching shots back into the six yard box, going down to quickly.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:09:03 AM by Amarr HM »

WayAbvPar

Reply #82 on: December 22, 2014, 04:26:27 PM

I am with you, Amarr. I don't see every United game, but I have seen enough over the past few years to develop a keen sense of dread when depending on De Gea to do something beyond pedestrian. He was a completely different keeper vs LFC (which is the only game I have caught recently, but they are in the top 4 without fielding an actual defense so he must be doing something right).

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: January 07, 2015, 07:04:42 AM

So Gerrard has confirmed he's moving to LA Galaxy, which means you stateside Liverpool fans might get a change to see him in action.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #84 on: January 07, 2015, 08:26:20 AM

Damnit, now I have to root for the Galaxy.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #85 on: January 07, 2015, 10:03:34 AM

No, no you fucking don't.

WayAbvPar

Reply #86 on: January 07, 2015, 10:50:20 AM

Damnit, now I have to root for the Galaxy.

That is like rooting for the Nazis in Schindler's List.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #87 on: January 07, 2015, 12:44:56 PM

Not having watched or given the slightest shit about MLS/soccer, why is rooting for the Galaxy bad?  I mean, rooting against anything from LA should be encouraged, but curious if there is anything in particular that's rage inducing.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #88 on: January 07, 2015, 01:03:01 PM

Not having watched or given the slightest shit about MLS/soccer, why is rooting for the Galaxy bad?  I mean, rooting against anything from LA should be encouraged, but curious if there is anything in particular that's rage inducing.

They are basically the Yankees of MLS. Always have a roster full of stars, and win a lot of trophies.

Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: January 07, 2015, 01:06:41 PM

And Robbie Keane, god fuck does he come off as a whining douche bag on the field.

(not bitter or anything!)

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: January 07, 2015, 03:28:21 PM

Imagine having that fuckhead on your national team.  ACK!

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #91 on: January 07, 2015, 03:34:34 PM

Well at least you don't have to watch him the World Cup  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #92 on: January 07, 2015, 03:46:01 PM

You monster :*( Heartbreak

Hic sunt dracones.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #93 on: January 07, 2015, 04:12:56 PM

I like Robbie Keane as a player and thought he got a raw deal at Liverpool (Thanks Rafa!). As for whining douchebags on the field, it's not like he ever reached Christiano Ronaldo levels of whine. Or Nani.

WayAbvPar

Reply #94 on: January 07, 2015, 04:23:13 PM

Oh god. How I loathe Nani. He has played for my fav non-SSFC team for a decade and I hate him with every fiber of my being.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: January 08, 2015, 04:55:55 AM

Well yeah but I am not as familiar with those, and they don't get plastered all over my local newsagents by a fawning press  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #96 on: January 08, 2015, 06:09:20 AM

I'm not a big fan of Keanes on field whinging. But he is, by a country mile, the best striker Ireland has ever produced.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #97 on: January 09, 2015, 08:08:48 AM

Yep, cant take that away from him.

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: January 13, 2015, 04:06:05 AM

Interesting one here, Puskas award for best goal in 2014 was won by James Rodriguez strike in the World Cup, but only marginally pipped Stephanie Roche a female playing in the amateur leagues in Ireland. Shame she didn't win, anyhow here's the goal..

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #99 on: January 13, 2015, 09:42:56 AM

Damn, Chica. Liverpool should sign her.  awesome, for real

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #100 on: January 13, 2015, 09:44:51 AM

Neuer not winning the ballon d'or is bullshit btw.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #101 on: January 22, 2015, 11:38:05 AM

WayAbvPar

Reply #102 on: January 22, 2015, 11:43:12 AM

God I am going to be annoyed if De Gea fucks off to RM now that he is not terrible. Bale will come in return and ManU will lose every game 3-2  Heartbreak

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #103 on: January 22, 2015, 11:46:13 AM

Hey, you can have Simon Mignolet. I'm sure Liverpool would be happy to practically give him to you. Well, I would anyway.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: January 25, 2015, 03:47:34 AM

hey did you know that the US has a Womans Soccer team? Its true! And they are breaking into the big time with the traditional NFL pursuits...

http://www.sportsbreak.com/soccer/hope-solo-suspended-30-days-after-latest-incident

The United States Soccer Federation has suspended goalkeeper Hope Solo for 30 days after her latest brush with the law. Solo was with in the car with her husband, former NFL player Jerramy Stevens, when he was arrested around 2 a.m. Monday morning. According to the police report, Solo was also heavily intoxicated.

It was only last week that Solo had two domestic violence charges dropped stemming from an altercation with her sister and nephew at a party last June. A lot of critics were calling for U.S. Soccer to suspend her following that incident, in the same way that the NFL began to suspend players before their legal cases were resolved.

Solo’s national team coach Jill Ellis released the following statement:

During our current National Team camp, Hope made a poor decision that has resulted in a negative impact on U.S. Soccer and her teammates. We feel at this time it is best for her to step away from the team.

Solo responded on Facebook, saying she apologizes for her actions and accepts the suspension. The FIFA Women’s World Cup is just months away, and Solo’s distractions could disrupt the team’s preparations. They haven’t won a World Cup since 1999.

USA USA!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Soccer thread 2014/2015  
Jump to: