Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:51:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Gauging interest in the Pokemons 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gauging interest in the Pokemons  (Read 8043 times)
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

on: August 04, 2014, 01:28:44 AM

Not sure where to put this, so decided to shit up the radicalthons even more. So basically I want to play pokemon but not just show them, so I was thinking of an eight week gym leader challenge. The idea is I create a team of pokemon of a single type each week, and mail winners tiny homemade metal badges. The reason I want to gauge interest is that this would take me a long time to set up, but if I can get at least ten people up then I can start thinking about how I can do this.

This is meant to be super casual, even if you've only finished the game you can bring in your team and still have a good time, with peoples kids getting the easy modess. Anyway, what do people think?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:17:00 AM by Pagz »
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 03:01:33 PM

Sounds like a cool idea, I wouldn't mind watching if you can upload it.  I haven't touched a Pokémon game since the GBA one, though (not even sure what system I'd need to play this), so I don't think I'd make a good contestant.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 10:08:03 AM

For X/Y? I'd be down. Haven't played in a few months but I've still got them somewhere.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 08:17:43 AM

Sooooo as far as interest goes seems like we'll table this for now. Also looking up how to record anything from a 3DS XL is waaayyyy more expensive then I care to spend. If anyone feels like battling against my shitty XY team, is looking for pokemon to trade or knows how to record the 3DS XL screen for under $100 we may as well do that here.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 09:23:41 AM

I haven't looked at getting pictures from a DS in a long time, but I can only imagine that it's not any easier now.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pagz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 10:00:47 AM

Yeah, everywhere seems to be "send it into us so we can attach something onto it for an infinity of your earth dollars".
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 10:05:35 AM

In prior times, there was a dev or press unit which can have screens taken of it by being attached to a PC, but good luck getting those from the cold, dead hands of the current owners.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 05:52:04 PM

Could try a 3DS emulator, I suppose.  I have no experience with them, though, so I can't vouch for how full featured they are (online play especially might be problematic).  You wouldn't have your existing team, either.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 09:10:44 PM

I would do this but I haven't played Pokemon since Red / Green. No joke.

Real metal badges sound fun though.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Gauging interest in the Pokemons  
Jump to: