Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road  (Read 90420 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #315 on: February 29, 2016, 09:47:56 AM

Yeah, there's no way this was getting best pic or director nods. #OscarsHateSciFi

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #316 on: February 29, 2016, 10:57:07 AM

He has one from happy feet, they gave his wife one that night for editing. How many did the movie win? Six or seven total?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #317 on: February 29, 2016, 11:28:20 AM

Six. Just not in the glory categories.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #318 on: March 01, 2016, 01:54:22 AM

Which is really a shame. That scene where Immortan Joe tells his people to avoid getting addicted to water gave me chills. Literally. Last time I can remember a movie affecting me like that was Strangeland.
WayAbvPar

Reply #319 on: March 04, 2016, 08:09:36 AM

Conan O'Brien Verified account
‏@ConanOBrien

Sorry you didn’t win Best Picture, “Mad Max: Fury Road,” but if Trump wins the election, you can re-submit for “Best Documentary.”

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #320 on: March 05, 2016, 04:16:53 AM

Conan O'Brien Verified account
‏@ConanOBrien

Sorry you didn’t win Best Picture, “Mad Max: Fury Road,” but if Trump wins the election, you can re-submit for “Best Documentary.”

But Would it win against Idiocracy?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #321 on: July 17, 2017, 07:02:11 PM

Very bump.

Watched this on my tv. At first I was a bit meh, then I quite liked it. Then it dragged just a little, then I really liked it.

It's essentially cirque du Solei does SF odyssey, but it does it really well.

I'd love to see it at the cinema.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #322 on: July 17, 2017, 08:11:17 PM

I think I saw Fury Road in the theater three times.  Once by myself (because when it first came out it got rave reviews and I was afraid if I didn't go see it on my own I might end up never seeing it in the theater), then once with family and once with friends.  It held up really well to repeat viewings.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #323 on: July 18, 2017, 01:15:26 PM

I caught this in cinemas when they re-released it in black and white; it's definitely the better way to watch this film imo. I think the DVD includes it by default.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Severian
Terracotta Army

Reply #324 on: July 18, 2017, 02:49:13 PM

I saw it in the theater twice, back to back nights. The second night I was in an overpriced "D-BOX" seat which moved and shook with the action. Never had tried them before, probably won't again, but it was both distracting and awesome. As if the film wasn't already visceral.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #325 on: July 18, 2017, 04:11:13 PM

I saw it in the theater twice, back to back nights. The second night I was in an overpriced "D-BOX" seat which moved and shook with the action. Never had tried them before, probably won't again, but it was both distracting and awesome. As if the film wasn't already visceral.
Mad Max and Fast and the Furious movies are the kind of thing that D-Box was literally made for.  Most other stuff isn't worth it, but anything with kickass vehicular action is almost always better in D-Box (Though I mainly only say that because I work at a movie theater and can watch D-Box movies for free :P  )

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #326 on: July 18, 2017, 09:39:14 PM

I caught this in cinemas when they re-released it in black and white; it's definitely the better way to watch this film imo. I think the DVD includes it by default.

Well I know what I'm watching tomorrow.. I didn't realize that.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #327 on: July 19, 2017, 04:29:13 AM

This has become our new Christmas movie.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #328 on: December 30, 2018, 04:41:42 AM

This has become our new Christmas movie.

Yes I'm bumping this again. I bought a new TV and okish speakers. This movie is insanely good. Almost perfect. I can't think of anything else I've seen in a long time that comes close.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road  
Jump to: