Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:28:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam summer sale 2014 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steam summer sale 2014  (Read 95921 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: June 16, 2014, 11:25:13 AM

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 12:45:52 PM

Where'd you hear that?

Also... shit.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:43:12 PM

Was a leak on reddit.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 04:14:00 PM

http://gaben.tv/ updated. :3

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 09:41:16 PM

Zero inboxed and ready:

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 06:55:07 AM

Heh.

I don't even know what games I want anymore.  Feels like a big drought at the moment.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 07:11:08 AM

Off the top of my head I think Tropico 5 is the only thing I'm actually hoping to see on steep sale.  But I always end up buying so much stuff I probably won't ever even play.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 07:57:43 AM

Hoping to see Transistor, Distant Worlds: Universe, Warlock II, Blackguards, and Xenonauts. My steam categories are likely:

* Under $5 / bundle garbage
* Purchased while drinking with delusions of having extra time for 100 hours of gameplay
* AAA title I played for 45 minutes before remembering why I hate the genre
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 08:37:03 AM

You sure have a lot of categories.

My current (unordered) wishlist according to steam is:

Shelter
The Forest
Knock-knock
7 Days to Die
Transistor
DARK SOULS™ II
Shad'O
Starbound
Xenonauts
XCOM: Enemy Within
Kairo
X Rebirth
Metro: Last Light

My "Why did I buy this" category is funny. It's games that I keep thinking I'd like, but looking at the names I realize that I really have no desire to ever play them. Sadly, most adventure games end up in this category. I loved old style sierra games but these days I just find them boring. My buying habits have not caught up with this fact.

There are too many to list, but they include BTTF, Sam & Max, Tales of monkey island, Strongbad, all 3 games in the breath of death or whatever series, the penny-arcade games, and like every single star wars game ever which must have been in a bundle. Also in the category is poker night at the inventory and telltale texas hold'em. I HATE poker. No idea why/when I picked those up. Maybe a bundle.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 09:16:06 AM by bhodi »
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 09:09:04 AM

Things I'm looking for on the super-cheap:

State of Decay
Expeditions: Conquistador (gog sale)
Banner Saga
Thief
The Forest

Not too jazzed about any of them, really. Haven't been gaming much.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 11:10:36 AM by Sky »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 09:10:33 AM

There's a lot of indie garbage I was waiting to buy until it was super cheap.  Now it shall be.  Although, I imagine a lot of the early access stuff is going to avoid the deeper discounts.

-Rasix
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 09:11:56 AM

I'm looking forward to this!  there's a bunch of stuff I've been waiting to pull the trigger on.  But only if it gets really cheap.

Drox Operative
Planet Explorers
South Park: Stick of Truth
Age of Wonders 3
Morrowind (for use with SkyWind!)

'Maybe's include
Broken Age
Salvation Prophecy
Might & Magic X (fake edit: damn - still uses uPlay)

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 09:21:52 AM

Oh Wishlists are fun.

The Forest
100% Orange Juice (I miss Culdcept so much)
Rust
Heretic Kingdoms: Shadows (I play every Diablolike, whatever)
King's Bounty Darkside
Drox Operative (again -_-)
Endless Legend (if for some reason it's under say, $15 maybe, probably more like $10)
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Space Engineers
Plague Inc: Evolved
Folk Tale
Rise of Nations
Among the Sleep
Lifeless Planet
Dark Souls II

Probably other random trash. Who knows.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #13 on: June 17, 2014, 09:51:21 AM

My wishlist is long, but I think this summer I'll settle with:

- Might & Magic X
- Arma III
- Banner Saga
- Europa Universalis IV

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 09:59:05 AM

I'm hoping Rocksmith 2014 puts a bunch of DLC up for sale. About the only game thing I really give a shit about buying is the Shadowrun expansion and Saint's Row IV, and those only if they reach my tipping point of "Can't pass it up at that price." The rest is just DLC or stuff that better be REALLY cheap before I'll add it to the stack of stuff I've never even installed.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 10:18:06 AM

My wishlist is like 90 items long and it's mostly $15-ish indie stuff, so it's got to go pretty low to make it past my impulse buying threshold, but if it does it's like a wallet armageddon.

The main stuff I'm looking for is:

• Saint's Row 4
  • Assassin's Creed 4 (and the other misc AC games, like Liberation)
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Final Fantasy XIV (which I guess doesn't suck now?)
  • Warlock 2: almost a sequel
  • Batman: Arkham Origins
  • Ninja Gaiden Z
  • X: Rebirth (if it goes super low, heard too much bad about this one to pay more than ~$8 or so)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Revengitation or whatever
  • Maybe some Early Access stuff like Maia or The Stomping Land
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:12 AM

I'm mostly looking for Transistor. Gag purchase may be Thi4f if it hits $10 or less. Anything else will just be random shit that strikes my fancy.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 10:55:13 AM

Hoping to get South Park on a reasonable discount. Might grab Wolf Within if it's cheap, maybe State of Decay.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #18 on: June 17, 2014, 11:31:54 AM

I'm looking forward to buying 20 bullshit indie games and having one of them turn out to be amazing.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 17, 2014, 12:43:27 PM

Pickings are slim, especially since I picked up Injustice and Mortal Kombat komplete when they had them on sale a week or so ago.
schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: June 17, 2014, 12:59:17 PM

I'm looking forward to buying 20 bullshit indie games and having one of them turn out to be amazing.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

#thestruggleisreal
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #21 on: June 17, 2014, 01:08:00 PM

Oh yeah, maybe Stick of Truth too. Only if it really gets discounted though. We're talking like under $30.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: June 17, 2014, 01:19:41 PM

I'm not really looking to buy anything this sale. I'm sure I'll crack and buy a few things if they go low enough... but I just don't see a lot of games out there that I want to buy, regardless of price. Not only do I have a ton of game in my backlog to get through (hell, I haven't even installed Witcher 2, Max Payne 3, Tomb Raider, King's Bounty games, Dishonoured, the Batman games yet, let alone played/finished.. shit I haven't even finished Skyrim yet despite ~600 hours put into it). Of course, part of that is I keep going back and playing games from the '90s via emulators.

Only game I'm hoping to see go on sale is Space Rangers HD. Other than that any purchase would be spur of the moment and that's unlikely to happen... I hope?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 01:32:33 PM

I don't think I'm buying anything this year. Which means I'll probably blow $100 on indie shit that I didn't realize I had to own, but cost less than $5.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #24 on: June 17, 2014, 01:47:25 PM

Actually, I already know what indie bullshit game I'm most looking forward to seeing on sale -- Dream.  It's a Lovecraft-inspired game that doesn't play up the pop culture version of Lovecraft.  I desperately want it to not suck.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 01:49:38 PM

I've got $75 in Steam credit after my Watch_Dogs refund.  I'll probably spend quite a bit this sale.  Nothing on my wishlist has been on sale in a loooong time, so I'll likely be spendy.
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 02:19:55 PM

Stopped updating my wishlist for games on Steam a while ago, because.... too many gamesss! Most of my purchases on Steam nowadays seem to be impulse buys during sales, where I buy stuff that catches my eye and then never find the time to play -_-

I have all my games in one category called "Games", except four entries, which are the Mac-versions of Civ IV and it's expansions, which I've stuck under a category all by itself called "Mac", heh.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 12:35:14 AM

My steam categories are "Favorites", "Haven't played", "Finished", and "Oh god why did I buy this". Right now #1 consists of 5-6 games, #2 is starting to approach triple digits, #3 is depressingly small, and the last few sales have contributed quite a few to #4.

Thus, this may be one of the first Steam sales where I probably won't buy anything (I will quote this after the sale is over with me having spent $60+ on it awesome, for real). My usual MO is to pick up interesting-ish AAA games (Dishonored, Bioshock Infinite) a year or two after release on Steam Sale when they are 75%+ off, but I don't see anything interesting this time except for maybe TWD Season 2...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 12:37:05 AM by Zetor »

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 01:17:12 AM

I actually have The Forest.  My son made me buy it a while back.  It has potential like a motherfucker, but last time I played it you couldn't seem to actually kill the bad guys, and avoiding them entirely was too troublesome.  I will come back to it later once I am certain combat is in a better state.

My wishlist consist of Dark Souls 2 if it comes in with a reasonable discount (not sure even 25% is big enough) and South Park if it is half price or less.

Like I have any time to play anything, but whatever.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 08:06:48 AM

As if I wasn't busy enough, you're now all convinced me that I need to sort and categorize my Steam library.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 11:47:42 PM

A mysterious badge has been added.  The sale is surely nigh.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 11:49:05 PM

My steam categories are "Favorites", "Haven't played", "Finished", and "Oh god why did I buy this". Right now #1 consists of 5-6 games, #2 is starting to approach triple digits, #3 is depressingly small, and the last few sales have contributed quite a few to #4.

I have:

Favorites (shit I'm playing right now)
Not Done (shit I played and intend to go back to)
Backlog Tier 1 (shit that gets promoted to favorites when I finish a game there)
Backlog Tier 2 (shit that gets promoted to Tier 1 when a game leaves there, this is where a lot of stuff that I randomly get in bundles goes to die)
Done/Obsolete (shit that I finished or that has a better version, like say old Blood Bowl versions or Mount & Blade)
Crap (Games that are so bad they need an insulting category of their own: Braid, Risen, Space Hulk, and Impire)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #32 on: June 19, 2014, 10:18:22 AM

Nice, 25%, 20% and 15% off prepurchase/alpha titles.  Heh.  I suppose that's good if you were going to buy them anyways.  But one is a buggy piece of crap that's going to have an engine rewrite, one's Eurojank, and the other is a Capcom port.  I might bite on the Eurojank, can anyone playing the early access tell me if Divinity: Original Sin is any good?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:23:00 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 19, 2014, 10:19:21 AM

Hells yeah, already got Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and XCOM Enemy Within. I'm such a fool.
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: June 19, 2014, 10:29:56 AM

...can anyone playing the early access tell me if Divinity: Original Sin is any good?

I'm especially interested in the co-op aspect of Divinity.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Steam summer sale 2014  
Jump to: