Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:29:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Love Live! School Idol Festival 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love Live! School Idol Festival  (Read 3546 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

on: May 18, 2014, 09:51:11 AM

This deserves a thread because it's fantastic. What is it? Go read rk47's review here. You can grab it from Google Play. I'm not sure if it's on iOS or not. I mostly want a spot to ask questions about it and share my waifus, and didn't feel like shitting up the other thread.

So I picked Nico as my starting character, and somehow managed to roll another rare:

So I now have 2 people with abilities. Is the Honor Student Scouting the best thing to use the love gems on?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 07:56:17 PM

Not sure if anyone's playing this but rk and me, but whatever. The first event started today for the English version, so this deserves a bump. If there's still no interest I'll let the thread die.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 08:23:15 PM

Gave this a shot, but I don't know that I "get" it.  I had a ton of fun with Final Fantasy Theatrythm and thought this would be kind of similar, but it seems weird to me.  I got like 90% "perfect" on a couple songs and still only scored a C somehow.  The only band members I have worth anything are the rares I got from scouting, but I don't even want to guess at the odds of getting duplicates of them to power them up.  I'm earning more band members than I can afford to make my lead character eat (or whatever she does with them when they disappear) and I can only play maybe two or so songs before I'm out of points for that.

Kind of vague on the upgrade system, when do you want to train someone, who is it best to train, etc.  And the "special practice" mechanic is especially confusing me, you can use it to upgrade a character at least once, is there a way to do it again?  Do the characters you start with get upgrades, or start with them, or what, is there a way to tell who's upgraded aside from star count, that kind of thing.  It's very confusing to me.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 08:40:55 PM

The reason you're scoring low is that your stats aren't high; once you have a lot of rare girls and/or level them up, you will score higher.

Special Practice can only be done once per character; if she has an odd number of stars, she still needs Special Practice. Even number of stars means she's already upgraded. For the generic characters (not the main 9 in the story) they only have 1/2 star versions (normal and upgraded); the named characters all have 3 different 3/4 star versions (one of each stat) and 1 5/6 star version. Two of them also have 7/8 stars versions. You'll want to get all of the generics upgraded to their ** version then max out your bond with them; each character you max out earns you 1 Love Stone and 20k gold. You use the Love Stones for the rare scouting which is how you get better characters; you also get 3 free Love Stones every day just for logging in for your first week or so.

When you do regular practice, you get more xp if they're the same "color" aka stat. Other than that, I try to mostly upgrade my rare girls after getting the whole team to level 10 or so.

Make sure to make 3 teams, one for each color, and use the appropriate team for each song type. You can sort by stat when forming a team, so you know if you need to include an off color girl because her stat is higher. ALWAYS make sure the team leader is color appropriate though, and generally your rarest because she'll have a better leader skill.

If you're playing now (5/30-6/10), make damn sure to hit the pink event icon things in the songs; once you've collected some, you can go to B-Sides (from the Live Show screen) and play the event song. The event song costs pink tokens (macaroons?) but not LP; you still earn XP, gold, etc. and event points which can unlock special rewards.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Love Live! School Idol Festival  
Jump to: