Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: ...and... Dust to be released on PC 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ...and... Dust to be released on PC  (Read 10992 times)
Setanta
Terracotta Army

on: May 02, 2014, 06:37:31 AM

This should be interesting, I guess they finally realised it might be smart to do this given that EvE is a PC game. I wonder if they will F2P it.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Niedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 07:37:29 AM

More importantly, is the fact that Dust 514 for the PS3 is being abandoned. Dust for the PC, now called Project Legion, is an entirely separate game that is being developed just for the PC.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 12:29:23 AM

While I've learned way long ago never to take anything a CCP rep says at face value, I'd be pretty shocked if a Playstation exclusive just suddenly got shitcanned (lol MAG) because they made a PC port. The keynote said:

"Although DUST 514 and Project Legion will function independently of one another, and are different projects on different development paths, DUST itself has a lot more shooting-in-the-face action to come. The team and I remain committed to continuing to improve the experience on PlayStation 3, while simultaneously making sure “Project Legion” becomes the experience we’ve all dreamt of."

Basically it's "hey, the whole cross-platform integration thing never saw the light of day since we Icelandic people are only known for fishing and hemorrhaging money." Also, since Planetside 2 and Blacklight: Retribution, two succesful F2P shooters, announced coming to the black console, not to mention Dust's low numbers compared, I saw this announcement coming a mile away. They've also said they'll make it so people can use their existing Dust characters on "Project Legion", since Dust 514 and Eve already share the same character name database anyway.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 02:41:31 AM

Every answer to every question about everything as of this moment, really.
Hoppala
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 02:58:50 AM

Maybe they eat to many Greendland Sharks ?

Autobots, roll out.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 08:15:56 AM

Every answer to every question about everything as of this moment, really.

Probably because they're firing everyone.  Layoffs announced for CCP Iceland today.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 04:56:17 PM

DUST was made by CCP Shanghai. Also they're firing 49 people from PR an publishing divisions and not a single developer is among them. Hopefully a lot of the folks   Hilmar hired from his extended family for low-level positions who only serve to infuriate people through the support page are on the chopping block
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 05:02:16 PM

Does that mean White Wolf, too?  Is there even anything left of them anyway?

Over and out.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 05:54:13 PM

DUST was made by CCP Shanghai. Also they're firing 49 people from PR an publishing divisions and not a single developer is among them. Hopefully a lot of the folks   Hilmar hired from his extended family for low-level positions who only serve to infuriate people through the support page are on the chopping block

Puiblishing means operations not print. CS, CM, marketing, live-ops etc. One of the guys let go has been there 11 years and has worked in almost every department.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 07:20:36 PM

Don't worry the former EA execs are still there Ohhhhh, I see.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 02:32:41 PM

As usual in the gaming industry, a complete strategic failure requires firing the rank and file to preserve the bonuses of the strategists.  Otherwise, you might lose those executives to another company.

--Signature Unclear
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 01:52:03 PM

As usual in the gaming industry,any corporation a complete strategic failure requires firing the rank and file to preserve the bonuses of the strategists.  Otherwise, you might lose those executives to another company.

It's not just gaming. The same thing happened in Housing, Construction and Architecture when the bottom fell out in 2008.  Peons go first, execs last, unless they've pissed-off someone above them.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 01:57:54 PM

Dust was released? I didn't know that.
Aiwass
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 01:28:22 PM

Dust was released? I didn't know that.

It was released to the thunderous roar of nobody giving a fuck. The massive derp in not making it a PC based title is beyond imagining. DUST for WoD? Jesus weeps.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 08, 2014, 05:01:40 AM

Since I re-activated occasionally I fly through a system with a large number of infantry in chat.  I don't know how to interact with them.  Did they ever implement that feature where you could do fire support missions?
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 01:10:04 PM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: ...and... Dust to be released on PC  
Jump to: