Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:32:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Final - Ulysees v Carnifex! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Final - Ulysees v Carnifex!  (Read 3931 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: April 14, 2014, 02:31:26 PM

It's been a long road to this point but there's only one match left. Necro v Lizards, two great teams and two top coaches.

Congratulations to both coaches for making it this far, may the final be as exciting as the league has been so far.

No deadline for this match but please play at your earliest convenience so we can wrap it up.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 06:08:22 PM

All my money is on them lizards.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
swiftblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 10:57:37 PM

I'm backing Carnifex... That way I can say i was knocked out by the league winner :)

You don't stop playing games when you get old, you get old when you stop playing games.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:21:36 AM

Carnifex I am GMT+1 but have limited playtime windows at the moment. I am not sure what our timezone diffrence is but would you be free either Saturday or Sunday between 8 and 9pm GMT+1?
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 06:47:44 AM

Congrats to both of you.  It isn't easy to make it to the championship.  It's going to be a great match and I can't wait to watch the replay.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 06:25:51 PM

Carnifex I am GMT+1 but have limited playtime windows at the moment. I am not sure what our timezone diffrence is but would you be free either Saturday or Sunday between 8 and 9pm GMT+1?
I'm gmt-8, but 11am my time on Sunday works fine for me. See you then.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 06:36:13 AM

Forgot to confirm Sunday should be good, If that changes will let you know otherwise will see you Sunday Carnifex.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 01:15:37 PM

Congrats to Ulysees. He played a brilliant match and drubbed my 2-0.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 01:48:48 PM

The Minizilla's 2 - The f13 Bridgeburners 0

First Half Carnifex won the toss and elected to kick. He had 480k inducements and took the skeleton star player, 2 babes and a wizard all of which came in useful in this match for once. I setup for a grinding centre push as the flanks were covered off from the start but the start event was for a perfect defence and after seeing where the kick was headed Carnifex weakened a flank hoping to get lucky with a notorious skink handling fuck up. Unfortunately for Carnifex the skink made his hand off and I accepted the flank move by making a hand off and some GFI' s to get into the safety of the sideline cage then proceeded to try and remove opposing players rather innefectively it has to be said. With his players marked Carnifex is unable to cover a sideline push so I advance up the sideline unopposed and am within score range by the end of turn 2 so now the decision time. Do I take the early score or try and stall out? With both claw werewolfs in play and since I am on defence so I cannot maintain superior bash numbers I decided it was better to score so run in a try to open the scoring on turn 3.

I kick off and get possibly the luckiest kick of my bloodbowl career with the ball bouncing onto the centre LOS and the non block zombie who is located there making the catch! Needless to say he didn't get to hold onto the ball for long and since it was my offensive drive I cleared a path for another quick score so by turn 5 I am 2 - 0 up and things are going well, just waiting for Nuffle to intervene as he so often does when things are on the up but this match Nuffle is once more on my side it seems as Carnifex fluffs a dodge or a GFI on his werewolf trying to rush a quick reply score however due to clever postioning I can only get a single block off against a marking werewolf which comes up with both down so I cannot make a free path to get to the ball and I rather stupidly try to make a 3 square move to pickup the ball through marked zones which fails as I am out of re-rolls and Carnifex then looks likely to score on the final turn of the half if he can clear a marking skink from his werewolf with the ball but first roll comes up with a both down and push and needing a pow or defender stumbles the dice roll again as frenzy provides the second attempt to take me down but my sidestep means that it is only a single die which comes up with a skull and ends the half.

The second half was not anything like as drama packed as the first half. I kicked and created a large scrum in midfield, things were going no where fast when I managed to injure one of the werewolves and on the next block a skink manages to injure the second werewolf so from around turn 11 onwards things are looking difficult for Carnifex in terms of making a quick reply. He does break a ghoul downfield into score range but I free a saurus who scores a KO with his blitz and though I fail pickups initially I do eventually manage to get the ball into the hands of a skink and run him up a sideline looking like a guaranteed score until the wizard fireball intervened taking down both of my caging Saurus's allowing the star player mummy to sack my carrier and the toss in to go back into midfield but with not enough time to manouver a score the match draws to a close with the final score of 2-0 to the lizards.

Carnifex certainly got the shorter end of the stick this match in term of Nuffle love. I got 2 Blitzs as kick off events and only one critical roll failed me which eventually didn't cost me a score because after that Carnifex also managed to roll a skull to close down the half. Was a good match and I would like to thank Carnifex and everyone else I have played this season for making it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. So now it is time for my Lizards to bow out and for possibly some kind of elf team to get the shit kicked out of them next Season, we will see.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 01:57:03 PM

Congratulations Ulysees!
Game is validated and the season is now officially over.

See you all back here for Season 9!

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 05:58:20 PM

So now it is time for my Lizards to bow out and for possibly some kind of elf team to get the shit kicked out of them next Season, we will see.

Booooo! Seriously though, good work and I think it would be fair to say that a lot of people will be breathing easy once your Lizards retire.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 07:12:35 PM

Well done, Ulysees.  The Minizillas have definitely earned their retirement.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 03:36:57 AM

At least my first loss was to the tournament winners. May they retire well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Final - Ulysees v Carnifex!  
Jump to: