Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: H1Z1 (Zombieapocalypse: SOE edition?) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: H1Z1 (Zombieapocalypse: SOE edition?)  (Read 70160 times)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: January 31, 2015, 06:42:32 AM

So, pretty close to Project Zomboid, then.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: January 31, 2015, 04:41:29 PM

yep, though I didn't realise it supported MP and don't know if the private servers can implement a "win" condition. It's on my list of games to play and seems to be growing.

Though the graphics / view are always going to make it more niche than the audience H1Z1 is aiming at.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: January 31, 2015, 05:05:13 PM

There is no win condition.  You always die eventually.  How like life.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: February 01, 2015, 02:33:02 AM

That works too I guess... and is a very "apocalypse" ending.  As long as you can't just rejoin the MP world with a new character.

Though I would think having a variety of per-game win conditions would make the game-play more complex and the game more re-playable.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: February 01, 2015, 07:24:06 AM

I'm not sure how it works to be honest. I know there are a variety of rulesets, but I have only played multiplayer a few times to check it out and have spent most of my time just playing single player.
Senses
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: February 27, 2015, 04:22:15 PM

This is funny because having never seen the game, and just reading the last 2 pages of commentary, I would have assumed that you we're talking about Rust.  And no thanks, I already paid my 20 bucks 2 years ago for that.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #146 on: March 24, 2015, 03:34:21 AM

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #147 on: March 25, 2015, 12:20:10 AM

1 million weird fucking people.  Of which I am a member.  I'm a sucker.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: March 25, 2015, 12:28:07 AM

I'm one of those million.  I can't imagine there are too many people actually playing it much in its current state.  It is the kind of thing I will go in and check out every once in a while to see if it is getting any better.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: March 25, 2015, 01:41:28 AM

Right, I forgot to mention I am part of that million too. But I am into zombies (a lot) and open PvP and full loot games. It's just, last time I checked, no one wants these kind of games, only wolves. Right?

But yeah, snark aside, considering how much of an unfleshed clone H1Z1 is at the moment, I am really surprised of 1 million sales in less than two months.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: March 25, 2015, 05:44:17 AM

Right, I forgot to mention I am part of that million too. But I am into zombies (a lot) and open PvP and full loot games. It's just, last time I checked, no one wants these kind of games, only wolves. Right?

But yeah, snark aside, considering how much of an unfleshed clone H1Z1 is at the moment, I am really surprised of 1 million sales in less than two months.

There's pve servers with no pvp or player corpse looting.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:46 AM

I think we've gone over this before, but the problem with the pve servers is that there is little or no danger, unless you go looking for it.  It becomes Berry Picking Simulator 2015.  And then you log onto a pvp server and within 20 seconds some guy starts garbling (all the in game talk is garble nonsense overy my speakers) at you, and then you start playing Mike Tyson's Punchout! until one of you dies.  Rinse and repeat.

They need a middle ground.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: March 25, 2015, 11:32:09 AM

I was told zombies would be a constant threat.  Eventually, maybe.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: March 25, 2015, 11:37:20 AM

Well, constant in that you go after themselves out of boredom, and then you die because of crummy hit detection.

Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

Reply #154 on: March 26, 2015, 09:09:41 AM

Ah well, I got over 64 hours of enjoyment playing with friends, so it wasn't a total loss.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: January 18, 2016, 06:15:09 PM

Battle Royal is fun in a group and alright solo, but the game is still rough around the edges, and the MMO factor enters even less into play because of it. Unfortunately the gunplay is pretty bad, worse than Planetside 2, which I didn't mind as much as H1Z1's anemic jerkiness. Doing the mouse input tweaks in UserOptions seemed to help a bit.

For some reason, when the match is around 10 dudes left and the gas is close, my framerate drops from 80 to 25 (it feels worse though thanks to the above-mentioned jerkiness), frametimes go up to a 100ms and GPU usage starts bouncing between the floor and the ceiling. I can't figure out what's causing the bottleneck.

I'd like to hop into the original Arma III: Battle Royal as a team and see which one is better, since Arma sure as hell beats H1Z1 by miles with polish, performance and feature sets, yet H1 has it's own charm I suppose.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #156 on: January 19, 2016, 11:35:20 PM

For some reason, when the match is around 10 dudes left and the gas is close, my framerate drops from 80 to 25 (it feels worse though thanks to the above-mentioned jerkiness), frametimes go up to a 100ms and GPU usage starts bouncing between the floor and the ceiling. I can't figure out what's causing the bottleneck.

Alpha overdraw on the gas itself probably.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: February 05, 2016, 11:54:41 AM

This is fucking ridiculous!

Stealing a page from the new Bible for Scammy Success in gaming by Chris & Roberts in no time, H1Z1 splits into two games with two separate development teams.

https://www.h1z1.com/news/just-survive-king-of-the-kill-game-split-february-2016?cid=1066645

we’re excited to announce that the survival game will now be called H1Z1: Just Survive, with a renewed focus on truly delivering a persistent, open-world zombie survival experience where scavenging, crafting, and base building are the difference between life and death.

We’re also excited to announce that the fast-paced shooter comprised of multiple, fight-to-the-death game modes, including Battle Royale, will be called H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK).

Also, best acronym ever, H1Z1:KOTK.

What the fuck  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #158 on: February 05, 2016, 12:16:28 PM

One must find a way to re-monetize the already monetized customers.

Gimfain
Terracotta Army

Reply #159 on: February 05, 2016, 12:36:55 PM

This is fucking ridiculous!

Stealing a page from the new Bible for Scammy Success in gaming by Chris & Roberts in no time, H1Z1 splits into two games with two separate development teams.

https://www.h1z1.com/news/just-survive-king-of-the-kill-game-split-february-2016?cid=1066645

we’re excited to announce that the survival game will now be called H1Z1: Just Survive, with a renewed focus on truly delivering a persistent, open-world zombie survival experience where scavenging, crafting, and base building are the difference between life and death.

We’re also excited to announce that the fast-paced shooter comprised of multiple, fight-to-the-death game modes, including Battle Royale, will be called H1Z1: King of the Kill (KotK).

Also, best acronym ever, H1Z1:KOTK.

What the fuck  why so serious?
Landmark and everquest next came first.

When you ask for a miracle, you have to be prepared to believe in it or you'll miss it when it comes
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #160 on: February 06, 2016, 03:40:26 AM

One must find a way to re-monetize the already monetized customers.

swamp poop
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #161 on: February 06, 2016, 07:06:34 AM

If I have the original game now, would I have to buy the second one now?  In theory, I mean...no way I would drop any more money on this one.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #162 on: February 06, 2016, 07:13:19 AM

If I have the original game now, would I have to buy the second one now?  In theory, I mean...no way I would drop any more money on this one.

No, the devs are giving both to anyone who buys the game before the 16th.

Though the previous devs said the release would be f2p so who knows what their long term monetization plans look like.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #163 on: February 13, 2016, 12:28:37 PM

The hopeful side of me wants this to mean that the survival part of the game will actually get more updates.  The cynical side of mean thinks this is a ploy to be able to justify closing down survival altogether after it becomes established that Battle Royale is the money maker.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #164 on: February 19, 2016, 07:04:55 PM

The split got me to boot this game up for the first time in six months.  Logged in, ran around for 10 minutes in a survival server, found most of the place totally looted and then got help up at gun point.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Oh well.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: March 16, 2016, 04:27:17 PM

The split got me to boot this game up for the first time in six months.  Logged in, ran around for 10 minutes in a survival server, found most of the place totally looted and then got help up at gun point.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Oh well.

░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
░░░▀▀░▄ H1Z1▄▄░░▐▄▄▄▀░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #166 on: March 16, 2016, 07:23:13 PM

Yeah, it's a shame really. I'm a sucker for this kind of game, and I did get my 20 bucks worth for sure, but the game has barely progressed in over a year's worth of development. The zombies are a total non-factor, base building is buggy and ultimately pointless, survival is trivial and who cares if you die anyway, etc.

I guess battle royale mode ("King of the Kill") is kind of fun, but it's not really what I'm personally looking for in this kind of game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: H1Z1 (Zombieapocalypse: SOE edition?)  
Jump to: