Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:17:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Semifinals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Semifinals  (Read 4420 times)
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

on: April 06, 2014, 02:25:58 PM

Four teams are left, two will go through to the final showdown.

Jaedar's rats meet the murderous Lizardmen of Ulysees while Ingmar and Carnifex clash to see which Necromantic team is the mightiest.

My prediction is for a Ulysees v Ingmar final.

Please play these matches by Tuesday April 15th.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 06:39:07 PM

Yah, not enough time on my end to play my match out, so gl all in the next round. May the best bastard win.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:31:00 AM

Miracle of miracles, someone in the same time zone! Tuesday or Wednesday night would be best for me, Carnifex, but it should be pretty easy to work something out.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 12:29:45 PM

I will likely be busy the entire weekend Ulyssees. What timezone you in? I'm GMT+2
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 01:57:03 PM

I am GMT+1 so hopefully not a big issue if you cannot play at the weekend. As long as I know to look out for you I can play a BB match between 8pm and 9pm GMT+1 so can look out for each other on steam or give me a day where 9-10 your time works and we can get our game played.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 06:10:24 PM

Tuesday or Wednesday should be fine for me to, see you then.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 08:08:58 PM

FAILURE

Team intact, should I decide to bring it back next season. Congrats to Carnifex on a match well-played.

carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 08:19:24 PM

Me and Ingmar played a very close match without causing any serious injuries to each other, so I'm happy to say I'll be going into the playoffs at full strength. The BridgeBurners won 2-0, though the second score for me didn't come untill the 16th round after knocking the ball loose on the 13th round, then of course failing to pick it up with a reroll. All around it was a good match, though BBManager says I had worse dice, it didn't feel that way. Most of my failed rolls were on less important moves than Ingmar's failed rolls. As usual when two equally matched opponents face off, he who gets the right dice at the right times wins.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 05:22:17 AM

Jaedar how are you set for a friday evening showdown? I don't think I am going to have time tonight and you said your weekend was busy so wondered how tomorrow is looking for you at 9pm your time (8pm my time)?
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 10:51:21 AM

Jaedar how are you set for a friday evening showdown? I don't think I am going to have time tonight and you said your weekend was busy so wondered how tomorrow is looking for you at 9pm your time (8pm my time)?
Sorry, that won't work. I'm spending friday evening+saturday+ most of sunday laning with friends. I guess we'll have to do it early next week. I should be around each weekday evening around 8(my time) or so.
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 12:33:04 PM

How would you be for 9pm-10pm your time on Monday? Tuesday is out for me which is the deadline but I think apart from that if we have to extend for a day or 2 I am free for the rest of the week if Monday is a no go.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 12:45:02 PM

Me and Ingmar played a very close match without causing any serious injuries to each other, so I'm happy to say I'll be going into the playoffs at full strength. The BridgeBurners won 2-0, though the second score for me didn't come untill the 16th round after knocking the ball loose on the 13th round, then of course failing to pick it up with a reroll. All around it was a good match, though BBManager says I had worse dice, it didn't feel that way. Most of my failed rolls were on less important moves than Ingmar's failed rolls. As usual when two equally matched opponents face off, he who gets the right dice at the right times wins.

I haven't looked at the stats, but I'd say that if there was a difference other than you just making fewer mistakes (which was certainly true - I was too aggressive with pushing down the field on defense in the first half for sure, and I paid for it) it would probably be on armor breaks in the 2nd half - at least that is how it felt.

Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 08:33:56 AM

How would you be for 9pm-10pm your time on Monday? Tuesday is out for me which is the deadline but I think apart from that if we have to extend for a day or 2 I am free for the rest of the week if Monday is a no go.
Sure, monday works.
carnifex27
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 07:46:47 PM

I haven't looked at the stats, but I'd say that if there was a difference other than you just making fewer mistakes (which was certainly true - I was too aggressive with pushing down the field on defense in the first half for sure, and I paid for it) it would probably be on armor breaks in the 2nd half - at least that is how it felt.
Fair enough, your ball carrying wight and your flesh golem both getting taken off the field in rapid succession made a big difference. The golem was holding down three of my guys on the opposite side of the pitch, and your wight could have made a big difference after my failed pick up.
Jaedar
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 01:16:39 PM

I didn't ask for much nuffle. I didn't ask to not die. I didn't ask to win. All I asked for, was one tiny little permanent injury on a good player. I gave you plenty of opportunities to grant it to me, but you would not.

Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 01:23:02 PM

The Minizilla's 3 - Family of Twitch 0

Game is uploaded to game day 11 cos I have no idea what game day this is upto.

Match started with Jaedar having nearly 900k in inducements, he took the star player Rat Ogre, apoth, wizard and masterchef all of which played their parts in the game with the rat ogre being particularly effective despite no block and the loner rule however my team just had too many skills on it and when the claw stormvermin failed to remove any of my saurus on successful blocks and my own blocks were knocking Rats off the pitch either to KO or injury at quite an alarming rate there was not a lot that Jaedar could do as he was always out strengthed on the bash front and outnumbered on the player front after the first drive had seen me get possession of the ball around turn 3 and score on turn 5 having KO'd around 6 or 7 rats in those 5 turns.

Nuffle was again kind to me and harsher on Jaedar so no doubt he is getting ready to dump on me in the final. Funnily enough I have now progressed one round further than the last time in every season I have played in the F13 blood bowl league.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: Season 8 Playoffs! Semifinals  
Jump to: