Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Hellfire: The Summoning 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hellfire: The Summoning  (Read 4124 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: April 01, 2014, 10:01:38 AM

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobage.ww.a953.Fuzion_Android

Game has quite a bit of initial positive reaction.  I admit, I was skeptical of the design, as it's your typical creature-collector/evolution game.  You collect hoards of creatures, fuse them with duplicates, and level them with lowbies.  You then venture forth trying to beat the game, the twist being with help from allies you either have already or find ingame; and attks are skill-based 'flicks' of the finger as in a dex-based boardgame.  PvE only with (as of now) 600 zones.  Ridiculously simple, but oddly compelling to play, mostly because of the former point (the ally collection).  The artwork is amazing (really, some of the best I've seen in any TCG).  They had to have paid a fortune for that, or have a ridiculous in-house artist.

Low-level play is of course pretty much a tut.  But, you quickly see as time goes on that you're gonna have to pay a bit more attention.  Leveling is based on used stats, so level with a weak card and it will gimp your creature's progression.  Allies are set to 21 max; so just having 'jo blow' as a friend might not help you.  Since the game is elemental-based (water beats fire, fire beats shadow, etc.), you'll have to eventually shift your deck and allies to beat certain zones (which end with a big boss).  Allies are autohit btw, not live... though you know when you're being used.

Game is of course energy-based   Ohhhhh, I see.  But you gain it back over time or by leveling; so again, skillful play matters.  Cards are bought with xtals you can buy or earn by achievement, recruiting allies, or being recruited.  ex: if you get used as an ally, you get 20 xtal.  If you use an ally, you get 10.

There are regular events that run live (not sure how that works yet - probably some kind of boss mob), leaderboards, and so forth.  Chat is forum-based right now, though I'm sure someone started an app-room somewhere.  In-game chat will likely be added, but I almost prefer they dont.

Anyways, it's a good low-culture non-pvp brainmush game to play before bed or something.  They have others that are similar, but not quite with this kind of feel.

edit:  Oh, if you play, tell 'em "Infiniteless" sent you (Ghambit was taken).   Big money!  Big prizes!  awesome, for real
http://moba.ge/GetHellFire
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 10:11:28 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 12:29:11 PM

I played this for a bit. You could see my post a few links down, I'm sure. I uninstalled this and every other Mobage game I played because they're all money based. You simply cannot get into even the second tier without paying money, and lots of it, to get there. Some of the cards are really neat, yeah, but in the end I got tired of the money grubbing horseshit. All of their games are this way.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 12:40:31 PM

Well screw me sideways.  I thought this game was fairly new (maybe this xpac is); didnt see your thread down there.
Sooo, you're saying it turns into an obvious money-grub later on???  That sux.  I mean, all games tend to go that route at some point (CoC for instance is best played with an initial $5 investment for another builder).

I'm with you though; I like the game.  It seemed the least 'moneygrubby' from their other games though, and since it's PvE it's not technically P2W. 

Question though:  you're saying it's best to lvl first, THEN evolve?  How far a level b4 doing that though?  Also, leveling with leveled cards make a difference?  (there is a % stat in there I recall)

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:41:37 PM

Actually their least money grubby is Blood Brothers. That one I did ok with. The CoC money is different from this, in that you're looking at spending 40-100 bucks a week to get the cards you think are cool. Fuck that.

For people not spending money, look for super high attack cards. Evolve two, then level up everything to 50 before evolving any further. Best result for time invested.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 08:08:11 PM

So evolve twice per card then level the 'food' to 50 before feeding them to the evolved cards?

TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 09:47:10 AM

Don't level feeder cards.

Evolve 1+1, level resulting card to 50. Level another single card of same type to 50. Combine those. Level resulting card to 50, combine with last card that is leveled to 50. Level to 65. Enjoy.

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 12:36:16 PM

I'm evolving to 3, then leveling to 30.  Then leveling a 1 to 30, which will then do the final evolve for the 3.  Rinse, wash, repeat.
There is no lvl 50 from what I can see.  It maxes at 30.

This is the perfect game to vegetate on.  What a mindless grind.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Mobile  |  Topic: Hellfire: The Summoning  
Jump to: