Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Dual Wielding questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dual Wielding questions  (Read 2986 times)
KallDrexx
Terracotta Army

on: March 28, 2014, 05:36:41 AM

So I know that when dual wielding, each attack switches which weapon you attack with.  However, I am interested if anyone has details on how weapon bonuses work?

For example, does increased attack speed on an offhand weapon give increased attack speed for both weapons or just one?  What about if a weapon has +x-y lightning damage, do both attacks get that bonus or just one?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #1 on: March 28, 2014, 06:05:48 AM

Also, is there any real benefit to dual-wielding with a demon hunter versus using a quiver?
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 08:04:22 AM

So I know that when dual wielding, each attack switches which weapon you attack with.  However, I am interested if anyone has details on how weapon bonuses work?

For example, does increased attack speed on an offhand weapon give increased attack speed for both weapons or just one?  What about if a weapon has +x-y lightning damage, do both attacks get that bonus or just one?
Only the weapon with the bonuses get the benefit, so if one weapon has +attack speed, only that weapon gets the bonus. The only thing that is shared is the stat bonus (dex, etc), which applies to the character then to damage... If that makes sense.
Also, is there any real benefit to dual-wielding with a demon hunter versus using a quiver?
The other weird thing about dual weapons is slots. Rubys (+damage) only apply to the weapon it's applied to, but emeralds apply to both (due to hitting the character first then weapons, like stat bonuses), so slotting two flawless royals will give you +260% crit damage just on the weapons alone. The reason to dual wield instead of quiver is that quivers count as armour and can't get a +130% crit just cause (although they do roll high crit chance, so depends on other equipment).

IIRC there is also a passive +15% attack speed buff applied to both weapons when dual wielding.

I find it best to dual wield with highest emeralds in slots until I find a good legendary equipment.

My dual setup is here, looking at the profile now it doesn't update items or stats with Mystic changes, heh
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:16:06 AM by Pagz »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Dual Wielding questions  
Jump to: