Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:25:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Area 51 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Area 51  (Read 1065 times)
schild
Administrator

on: March 27, 2014, 01:32:32 AM

We're going to inevitably have a hilariously long thread about this, I'm sure. So might as well start it now.

http://www.theverge.com/entertainment/2014/3/26/5551022/chris-carters-mysterious-amc-show-is-a-thriller-about-area-51

Along with his Amazon show The After, we knew that X-Files mastermind Chris Carter was also working on a project for AMC. It turns out it's going to cover some familiar ground for fans of his earlier work: Area 51. Today the network announced that the series — currently in development — is an adaptation of Annie Jacobson's Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base

Yup. Gonna watch that. I'm sure the book sucks, but whatever.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 08:32:30 AM

Will he leave the main mystery completely unresolved after 7 years? If so, fuck him.

Also, he still owes the world for that last shitty X-Files movie.

jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:27:30 AM

Carter is an ironic skipper for this boat.  The book is about the espionage / military development related work conducted in Area 51, and pretty much debunks any and all alien related topics.  However, there is a fair shade of (hopefully) insane conspiracy theory in the book as well, I hear - focused on the US government doing crazy experiments on people.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 12:41:32 PM

Will he leave the main mystery completely unresolved after 7 years? If so, fuck him.

Also, he still owes the world for that last shitty X-Files movie.

Wait, what?  I'm pretty sure the main story was resolved in X-Files before he left.... it's just that the ratings were still good so they kept the dead horse around and retconned/grafted shit on top to milk more seasons. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Area 51  
Jump to: