Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:50:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Profitably Useless Bounty Bug 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Profitably Useless Bounty Bug  (Read 4587 times)
schild
Administrator

on: March 26, 2014, 12:43:30 PM

So, when you first load the game, it loads bounties. It assigns the "Double Blood Shard" Bonus to a random two of them. If that bonus is on Chapter 1, jackpot, because those bounties are laughably easy. Once you've reloaded until your bounties are on Act 1, you can run all 5, get double bloodshards, leave the game (as in exit to the menu) and reenter. It does not reroll the bonuses, but it resets the bounties. Basically, permanent bonus on Act 1 until you fully exit the game.

Have fun gambling for total shit, I guess. Or stock up like I am, because they'll be useful maybe some day. Lorath Knar or whatever is SUPPPPPPOSED to let you buy those Caches you get from finishing 5 bounties for 100 blood shards, but he doesn't. I'm sure they'll fix that eventually.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 05:53:46 PM

Keep an eye on your counter, I read they max at 500 as of beta..

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 10:28:54 PM

Since someone mentioned Bounty:

Apparently the caches for each Act have a chance to drop certain legendaries.

http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 10:37:06 PM

ohmygod death's bargain

(I got a legendary out of a cache earlier today btw, it was none of these and was total shit)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 11:00:23 PM

I pulled a Mad Monarch's Scepter out of the one bounty bag I've opened so far. Was an upgrade!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pagz
Terracotta Army

I AM GOING TO WRESTLE THIS BEAR WITH MY BARE HANDS!

Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 06:28:27 AM

Since bloodshards do seem rather useless, is it better to simply do bounties on normal to farm super quick and then bump up to appropriate difficulty for the nephalem rifts?

Also illusion boots, pass through enemies? Would save me so many unnecessary deaths from melee waller spam.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:21:22 AM

Since bloodshards do seem rather useless, is it better to simply do bounties on normal to farm super quick and then bump up to appropriate difficulty for the nephalem rifts?

Also illusion boots, pass through enemies? Would save me so many unnecessary deaths from melee waller spam.

Wouldn't all that accomplish is to get you more useless bloodshards even quicker?

I am the .00000001428%
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 10:26:44 AM

Bounties seem like a good opportunity to find upgrades too. Lots of events/chests, the bag at the end, etc. Rifts do have the crazy mob density, but it seems like you'd be better off just playing all the content at T1+.
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 11:17:04 AM

Got Pauldrons of the Skeleton King from an Act IV bounty bag. They're as amazing as they seem.
Segoris
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: March 27, 2014, 06:51:09 PM

So for leveling, do act 5 bounties and clear all the little houses in the streets. The bounties (at level 62) give 1.8mil while the little rooms that take 2mins give 1.5-1.7mil
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Profitably Useless Bounty Bug  
Jump to: