Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 08:56:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Level 70 Ego-Stroking Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Level 70 Ego-Stroking Thread  (Read 78752 times)
cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 09:06:52 AM

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cironian-1679/hero/4796173

Still gearing up on decent lv70 stuff. Just found that SoJ yesterday, pure Heart for my disintegration build.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 09:11:28 AM

Man, that flame ring combined with the 'resistance and healing' legendary amulet would be much luv.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 09:40:30 AM

I hate this thread.  I get such bad legendaries.
WayAbvPar

Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 10:12:59 AM

Hit 70 this morning (finished the story last night). Can't link to my terrible build since the login servers are pooping all ever themselves, but i did get a Puzzle Ring last night that was actually a bit of an upgrade. How do you tell when it procs and the little fucker coughs up an item?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 10:23:51 AM

Oh Don't Even Fucking Start.  Constant war with the wife over this fucking puzzle ring.

Basically, the wee guy slings something out of his sack (hur hur.)  But it's a really, really quick animation that doesn't always play, so you can NEVER TELL if the item that dropped was from him or just a shower of loot or what.  He did it for me once entirely in the clear and it was obvious, but I never caught him doing it again so I take it on faith.

It's the most annoying fucking thing in the game.

schild
Administrator

Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 10:29:55 AM

Just picked up a second Serpent's Sparker that was 100% the same as mine, gave it to Jenny.

Now we have 4 Hydras up? That's fair.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 02:40:53 PM

That seems insanely defensive for softcore. I worry about your damage. There are so many elites that won't walk up and take orbs to the mouth. I don't think much of Prodigy as a passive and it seems sort of sad to be running a melee Wiz with no Slow Time. Lastly do softcore players usually run something like Illusionist? I wouldn't expect that, seems way less than ideal.

Interestingly enough, the teleport and illusionist combo lets me control groups nicely, also that necklace is 100 percent up-time. So that mixed with orbiting orbs, and stuff explodes nicely. The character sheet says 506k in game when I have my force weapon buff up. I face tank just about everything, I only bail for chains and freeze orbs. The character sheet does not show my real dps though. I literally splooge a fountain of crits all 1 to 2 million. There is no real parser, so I have been using my stop watch for kill times. I can kill 100ish million HP mobs in less than 30 seconds. Just guest-imating I would say that my dps fluctuates between 1 and 3 million.

A good example, I had a cursed chest that spawned the skeleton king for me to kill and he was like 340ish million HP, I hit the stop watch and clocked his kill at just shy of two minutes, which is north of 2.5 million dps for that specific encounter. So the character sheet is a big fat liar.

Edit: I just noticed you can't see my rerolled item stats.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 03:12:48 PM

The character sheet doesn't take into account any % bonuses to damage type or specific skills, and those are both big boosts to dps.

I am the .00000001428%
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 04:13:42 PM

ALL THE PETS.   It's a bummer that Piranhado and Bruiser don't proc Haunt of Vaxo.  That's all Snake to the face is really doing there, I hate to give up Firebomb.  I suppose Mass Hysteria could be used as firebats only really is used to proc fetishes or clear about curse chest events.  Asheara's Vestments set bonus is awesome.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 04:46:00 PM

Maybe try Bogadile to proc it? I think it might count as a stun.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: April 01, 2014, 11:20:07 PM

I love Piranhado with my bat/fetish build. Running grave injustice on top of it against huge packs makes me giggle because I get the mana regen up with spiders, use the Pirahnas to suck the mobs in, blast them with bats while the fetishes go to work and then pop pirahnas again because grave injustice procs have reset my timer. It also resets all my timers. I've replaced Slam Dance with the 'rahnas.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Setanta-1696/hero/12737529

I must admit that when I took down death at level 67 I had to switch to a garg/doggie/poison build. Going to run him again now that I'm not in L61/66 gear any more.

Got back on the DH and geared up a bit more - lots of fun there too.

Next stop monk because I finally tried out exploding palm and had a blast with it.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Rasix

Reply #46 on: April 02, 2014, 12:15:26 AM

Maybe try Bogadile to proc it? I think it might count as a stun.

For the record, this works.  What's funny is, it won't work if your garg has already stunned the mob in question.  swamp poop  Went back to the stinker.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: April 04, 2014, 02:09:20 AM

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ironwood-2511/hero/5754936

Now with 2 level 70's both shite.  What's interesting is that they both have the same low DPS.  I think the plan is to spend the weekend hunting for the good loots.

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: April 04, 2014, 03:01:27 AM

Easy fix to get started - Upgrade all of the gems in your Tal Rasha chest. You must have tons of marquise diamonds at this point, right?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: April 04, 2014, 03:20:31 AM

A Metric fuckton, but that Tal Rashas is an old 60 version, so what's the point ?

Nah, don't worry about me, I have a plan to just get rid of most of this shit and gem properly.  This isn't so much an ego stroking thing for me as 'Look at the Retards'.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 04:07:22 AM

Hah I'll admit that your equipment is shockingly bad. I can't believe you didn't find better stuff on the way from 60 to 70.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: April 04, 2014, 04:08:53 AM

I probably did.  I do love to disenchant shit.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #52 on: April 04, 2014, 11:22:25 AM

I probably did.  I do love to disenchant shit.

swamp poop

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: April 04, 2014, 11:40:10 AM

You really don't understand me yet at all, eh ?

Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: April 05, 2014, 03:41:57 AM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ray-1555/hero/2889702

So, I am trying to figure out what I should be blowing shards on.

Gloves give me a shot at swapping vit for ias, but that would be a sidegrade, given how littte vit I run already.

I could look for a better rolled ammy, 40% more crit damage would be nice, but for 20 shards, the ammies that bitch gives tend to be blue, or have 2-3 affixes.

Beyond that, rares are not going to help. Should I just gamble some shoulders, given that basically every primary affix is good, or any other bright ideas?

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: April 05, 2014, 01:23:35 PM

Source is only 5, you don't have max crit on yours, and it would probably better to have a relevant +skill damage than either the vit or the +life. Plus you could always get a nice legendary/set one.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: April 05, 2014, 02:28:08 PM

I just blew 300 shards - nothing that was an upgrade dropped :D

On the flip side, 3/6 characters to 70 and I'm sick of story mode.

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Rasix

Reply #57 on: April 05, 2014, 03:42:36 PM

Just do adventure mode for leveling. It's fantastic so far.  About a level  per bounty and rifts are fantastic for leveling.

-Rasix
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: April 05, 2014, 07:33:54 PM

Yep - I just want the class achieves from storyline but that can wait until the last couple are at 70. Taking on Malph with a 65 monk on L61 gear was cringe-worthy.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 03:12:00 PM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Toadchewer-1728/hero/44089698

There's my one 70. Feeling like I maybe should trade out some toughness for some more DPS. I'm actually just over 400k damage with self buffs and can do T1 pretty easily, it just sometimes feels like it takes quite a bit of time to get through all five bounties on T1.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: April 07, 2014, 12:16:09 AM

Thanks for the 50% bonus to XP blizz, that's 4/6 at 70 now with the warrior to go (currently sitting on 66).

I'm noticing a bit of a drought of legendaries though - are the legendary mats replacing them or addition to them?

schild
Administrator

Reply #61 on: April 07, 2014, 12:26:04 AM

I'm noticing a bit of a drought of legendaries though - are the legendary mats replacing them or addition to them?

I believe it is replacing them. Which is probably NOT by design. If it's by design, the manager who allowed that to happen doesn't understand the skinner box.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #62 on: April 07, 2014, 12:36:08 AM

I got a decent number of legendaries on my run to 70 on my Wizard this weekend.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #63 on: April 07, 2014, 02:44:46 AM

Got the expansion, picked up my level 54 Wizard and started Act V.  Picked Expert difficulty setting because I really didn’t have any idea how hard any of these settings were now.  From the start of the act to right before Malph, I made it to level 67.  Then because it’s apparently the thing to do, ground out the last 3 levels before I go to kill Malph.  From 54 to 70, I got about 15 to 18 legendary drops.  I don’t think I’d gotten a single one back when I originally played the game up to 54, heh.

And yes, game is way fun again.  Crazy how much they managed to do right this time.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #64 on: April 07, 2014, 05:08:52 AM

Thanks for the 50% bonus to XP blizz, that's 4/6 at 70 now with the warrior to go (currently sitting on 66).

Not only are the mats replacing them, the damn patterns are as well. So when you get a sub-cap pattern you want to rage.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 09:19:12 AM

I believe it is replacing them. Which is probably NOT by design. If it's by design, the manager who allowed that to happen doesn't understand the skinner box.

This explains A LOT.

swamp poop

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: April 07, 2014, 10:22:47 AM

I haven't noticed this issue at all. Well, maybe plans, I've been getting a lot of plans lately.

Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: April 07, 2014, 11:01:33 AM

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tremain-1984/hero/45024694

My first max level hardcore character! thank you for the exp bonus Blizzard.  I expect i'll die horribly soon, even if i am barely on hard.

I am the .00000001428%
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #68 on: April 07, 2014, 11:49:31 AM

This explains A LOT.

swamp poop
I'm going to say they aren't replacing legendary drops based on my own anecdotal experience.  I just killed Mal tonight on Expert mode for the first time, at level 70 (as was suggested).  I got a nice pair of legendary boots, a legendary crafting mat, and a legendary recipe.  If it was replacing, then that means I managed to pull a three legendary drop from him.  Which I highly doubt.

Though again, legendaries have been dropping pretty often for me.  From 54-70, I was getting about 1 or two per level.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: April 07, 2014, 12:14:55 PM

First time killing Maltheal is at least one guaranteed legendary. I got 3 and Jenny got 2 when we killed him. Maltheal first kill is a terrible sample for this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Diablo 3  |  Topic: Level 70 Ego-Stroking Thread  
Jump to: